The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it absolutely fascinating that she doesn’t seem to have any worries about going on maternity leave together with her husband and planning not to work and not to have any income for 6 months or so
 in fact she even praises the circumstances as „extremely lucky“. How out of touch with the real world can you be?

Reactions: 24
I find it absolutely fascinating that she doesn’t seem to have any worries about going on maternity leave together with her husband and planning not to work and not to have any income for 6 months or so
 in fact she even praises the circumstances as „extremely lucky“. How out of touch with the real world can you be?
So far that you can pay yourself 10x my salary in one year

Reactions: 20
I know, and this less than a year after they went to the top of their budget (so she said) for a house that needs a lot of work done. She must be rolling in cash. I don't know that she's sitting so pretty as she thinks she is, though. Her content has gone downhill really fast. If she continues like she has been for the last 2 years the bubble has got to burst at some point.

Or maybe these two have investments that we don't know of. Maybe they are set for life already. She certainly acts as though this is the case.

Reactions: 28
Going on maternity leave from what? Working 30 minutes, taking pictures of tomatoes and showing us her mouldy house? Please.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I’m so curious as to how they’re affording to both go on parental leave
 she said in her video that they likely won’t come back until the end of year, that’s a number of months with no steady income. Do we think book revenue is still coming in??

Reactions: 17
 she said in her video that they likely won’t come back until the end of year, that’s a number of months with no steady income. Do we think book revenue is still coming in??
For sure. They are making at least 100k per year, plus AF links and YouTube Ad income. Also let’s not forget Hello Fresh and other stuffs will be free.

She said she is too sensitive (duck off Anna, pregnancy isn’t an illness) to show her nursery. My guess is that a lot of the things are gifted and she knew how these things will be perceived by viewers

Reactions: 28
They paid themselves over £300k last year
. They’re good 😂
She’ll come back in December when the CPM is higher and she’ll get £££ and then dip out when it’s low
She’ll also continue to affiliate link on Instagram

• Wow
Reactions: 27
She said she is too sensitive (duck off Anna, pregnancy isn’t an illness) to show her nursery. My guess is that a lot of the things are gifted and she knew how these things will be perceived by viewers
Agreed - she is too ashamed to show how much of the nursery is kindly gifted. It’s nothing to do with being sensitive, she just doesn’t want to show how much of a grabby cow she really is!

Reactions: 30
Book revenue would only still be coming in if there’s been such high demand that the publisher has needed to call for a re-print.

I have no idea of her book sales; have they been strong enough for that?

Personally, I think she’s banking on affiliate links (cookies last for up to 12 weeks, after all) to maintain a regular income during her “maternity leave”. Plus ad revenue from her existing catalogue of videos on YouTube. I’m still pissed with her for describing herself as having “literally no income” if she chose to take maternity leave during the podcast.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’m still pissed with her for describing herself as having “literally no income” if she chose to take maternity leave during the podcast.
Me too!
She’ll be back with a bang for Black Friday with all the affiliate links
 and in the mean time she’ll be linking every baby item that she can, all linked to John Lewis or Amazon of course where people are more likely to purchase other things so she gets a cut.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Agreed - she is too ashamed to show how much of the nursery is kindly gifted. It’s nothing to do with being sensitive, she just doesn’t want to show how much of a grabby cow she really is!
I’ll admit I’m totally ignorant of how the influencer guff work, but doesn’t the whole gifted thing kind-of depend on you showing yourself using stuff? I know a lot of companies probably send loads of stuff out speculatively but if you never show anything, wouldn’t that dry up pretty quickly?

Reactions: 13
Personally, I think she’s banking on affiliate links (cookies last for up to 12 weeks, after all) to maintain a regular income during her “maternity leave”. Plus ad revenue from her existing catalogue of videos on YouTube. I’m still pissed with her for describing herself as having “literally no income” if she chose to take maternity leave during the podcast.
Not to mention her blog. She gets almost 500,000 page views per month and each post is centred around affiliate links. “Literally no income“ is literally a joke.

• Wow
I’ll admit I’m totally ignorant of how the influencer guff work, but doesn’t the whole gifted thing kind-of depend on you showing yourself using stuff? I know a lot of companies probably send loads of stuff out speculatively but if you never show anything, wouldn’t that dry up pretty quickly?
I think she'll have been gifted - with no requirement to mention - a whole lot of baby stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if John Lewis has kitted out the entire nursery for free as she works with them regularly. She'll also never have to pay a penny for baby clothes etc.

• Angry
I think maybe Gleam has a deal with them, at the end of the day, she has 500k followers so companies will still PR gift tit to her regardless. Plus, it comes from marketing budget, the product doesn’t cost a penny to the people from PR.
A sad world we live in. Once I met a young boy and he said he wants to become YTber in the future đŸ˜«đŸ˜–

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Definitely. Anna is giving birth first so Lily isn’t going to steal Anna’s baby name
 and let’s face it, Anna is going to use a traditional/normal name and Lily is going to use an awful name that she thinks is so dIfFeReNt, eDgY and uNiQuE 🙄
I think Lily is kind of regretting Grey’s name
I’m sure they’ve calculated it all, and saved up for it. What is the normal time for maternity leave in the U.K.? Because in many countries 4-6 months is quite normal?

Reactions: 3
I think with Anna it will be interesting to see if her audience stick with her. Unlike others, she rarely posts on Instagram unless it’s an ad, and given she says she’s going to go “cold turkey” - will her audience care when she comes back? If you think about others who have had babies - Lily, Fleur, Liv Purvis etc, they posted regular updates on Instagram which kept their audience engaged.

Particularly if Anna returns with “the Newton Edit”, or a lot of Mark content, more lacklustre “vlogs” of her chatting while doing her makeup - I’m just not convinced people will keep watching after a long period off.

I think they want to move to a different and more sustainable audience, not so tied to fashion and beauty.

Reactions: 2
Fleur is despicable in her own special little ways, but I do always remember that she pre-filmed a lot of content so that she still had videos going up whilst she took leave. A clever move, really.

Normal maternity leave in the UK ranges between 3 months and 1 year, depending on how able you are to afford it (you only get full pay for a very short amount of time, and if you go for the full year, the last several months are usually unpaid leave). Tbh, I don’t think the point is that Anna is taking maternity leave for a few months, that’s very normal; the problematic part is that she has publicly described herself as having “literally no income” during this time, which is both deceitful, and insulting to mothers who really DO have to take that risk when they have a baby.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I think maybe Gleam has a deal with them, at the end of the day, she has 500k followers so companies will still PR gift tit to her regardless. Plus, it comes from marketing budget, the product doesn’t cost a penny to the people from PR.
A sad world we live in. Once I met a young boy and he said he wants to become YTber in the future đŸ˜«đŸ˜–
It seems so weird to me. Anna seems the sort that won’t buy anything because she so used to getting stuff gifted so what a weird life it’d be that you’ve got your Freddie’s Flowers, Hello Fresh meals and Kiehl’s shower gel but no loo roll or bog-standard household stuff. I can’t quite get my head around how Anna and Mark mange their finances and increasingly they are coming across as totally short-sighted. I guess it’s entirely possible that if they’ve been paying themselves 300k for a few years (and if they made a reasonable profit on their last house) then the mortgage on their house is quite small or non-existent, but long-term you wonder what they’ll do when it all dries up. Neither of them seem like they’d want to go back into standard employment and even assuming they can fund the house refund, that’s a big house in terms of ongoing costs.

I’m probably just really naive in terms of how much they’re actually earning (and how much they can write off as a ‘business expense’ on top of that, but it seems dangerous to me to bank on this kind of fame lasting. One really stupid post or comment could end it all.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.