Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I can't speak for all women, but when a man calls me pretty or hot when I walk by, I thank him and tell him to have a great day.
I’m sorry but this is a bullshit take. Despite my username, I’m a woman in my mid-20s, and this smacks of internalised misogyny/sexism. Catcalling is disgusting. Hannah likely has a complex that drives her to seek attention from men. But it’s just wrong to say that women should feel flattered by harassment or overly salacious come-ons.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

Peraweila

A recap for newbies because talking about an irrelevant YouTube user for “no reason” might be confusing for them. I will try to be diplomatic:
If you are new here, JamaicanRain also referred to as Jamaican Rain and JR is a commenter on YouTube who mostly replies to other people on the Squirmy & Grubs channel and has been on Onision’s channel. The Onision comments were recently discovered and has led to some people doubting it is someone Shane or Hannah knows or Hannah herself. JR has a channel full of videos and the account was made around 2007. Over 1,000 comments have been made from the account to Squirmy & Grubs.
Hannah and Shane are Squirmy and Grubs. If you are talking about them on here you are probably off topic. 🤣 joking Hannah is falsely named on here as Hanna or Anna who is Shane’s ex girlfriend, according to him. This started when JamaicanRain was seen lots of times correcting the spelling from fans and people believed JR was Hannah so they began misspelling it on here because Hannah more than likely reads here. It is unknown whether the spelling of Hannah’s name annoys JR or if they are correcting people or both.
JamaicanRain directs people with questions to the Patreon Shane and Hannah created. Their tone is considered condescending, a troll, rude, creepy, know-it-all, among other choice words. This has led to many tattle users feeling unusual pity for fans that have suffered from exceptionally rude replies from JR.
JamaicanRain is either:
note: this list does not take into account their comments on Onision’s videos
  • A stalker
  • A paid, professional commenter paid by Hannah and Shane or both or independent
  • Obsessed fan
  • Trying to get hits to their own channel
  • Hannah or Shane
  • Hannah or Shane’s parent
  • Shane’s exes or his cousin Sarah
  • One of Hannah’s swim friends
  • An unknown relative or friend
  • A publicist
A small group of people look at JamaicanRain’s replies looking for a pronoun slip up which would prove without a doubt they are Hannah or Shane or both. Again the Onision comment discovery has made this more of a gray area. Some replies have seemed to slip up.

Shane’s non-profit has likely been reported.
There has been talk of neglect by Hannah due to a fall, sunburns, and infections and noticeable weight loss but it is also a possibility that Liz does all of Shane‘s care and is the neglectful caregiver or a nurse they are careful to keep out of camera range.
It was recently discovered that Shane does not actually use the toilet but uses diapers. If he does use the toilet or pee jar it is not much.
We have been talking about fetishists and perverts on Patreon who might be responsible for the video content. They either pay the highest amount or pay a higher amount hush hush to get Hannah to shower in a bikini or ass revealing one piece. Other actions in videos have been brought up as possibly paid for.
Shane is living in his second home with Hannah and neither home has been fully accessible.
More than usual they have been showing they read here by attempting and failing to prove things wrong that have been recently brought up on this board such as being able to swallow.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Handi

I always try to keep things into perspective when it comes to their fans. Keep in mind that Shane does inspire a lot of people and some of their fans get hope from him that life gets better no matter who you are. That's really what they are selling. The delusional and fetish folks are a whole different lot though so best not to lump all of their fans into one basket.
As a disabled person, they don't inspire me at all since none of what they are portraying is realistic in the slightest and i can see through that. I get that some are inspired bc who wouldn't wish that as a disabled person you could live in a mansion with your hot wife (while having 2 exes that look exactly the same as current wife) while having a popular youtube channel with super loyal, somewhat crazy fans?

Hell even able-bodied people may want that but it is so far from being realistic, it may as well be in the fiction section of the library. Maybe if they didn't have 8 fake weddings that bait people into giving them money and actually talked about what it's really like to be handicapped on a daily basis, people wouldn't hate them as much.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Dralvam

Hi All!

I'm new here. First post.

I've read bit and pieces of the posts on these 2 but have not read everything so please forgive my ignorance or if I say things that have been said before etc.

Here's my opinion of Shane and Hannah and I hope you don't mind me jumping in to a conversation that has been taking place for awhile.

I started watching them when she was still in college. I find them extremely boring and only watch every now and then out of curiosity. I'm really surprised to see how they and their videos have changed over time and that they are now in a million dollar mansion. I believe they are a couple but I think their relationship is problematic or at the very least puzzling.

I know someone who was paralyzed in a car accident as a teen and is paralyzed from the chest down and has very limited use of his hands. He is a very, very interesting, wonderful, charming guy and as long as I've known him (over 10 years) he has had a string of very attractive girlfriends. I even had an intense crush on him at one point and we flirted for awhile but he started a relationship with another woman and I was heart broken. (That's another story. ) Any way, he currently lives with a woman and they have been together for 5 years. So, I know first-hand that it is possible for attractive, able-bodied women to fall in love with a man who is disabled.

But here's the thing, the guy I know has paid caregivers. His girlfriend is not his primary caregiver. Of course she helps him because they live together and are a couple but being his caregiver is not her role in their relationship. Being a caregiver is a hard, often unpleasant (bathroom rituals etc.) job and I think it would greatly change the dynamics in a romantic relationship for one person to serve this role. I think it would create a weird power dynamic as well.

I don't understand why Shane doesn't have paid caregivers and why Hannah has willingly taken on this role. I don't understand why neither or their parents addressed this early in their relationship. Even before Shane was making big money on their YouTube channel he qualified for SSI and for money that would have paid for caregivers. Now they can clearly afford to pay for it themselves.

Leaving all questions/issues about Liz aside, If I were Hannah's mom and my daughter took on being someone's caregiver while still so young I would be very concerned about all that she is sacrificing.

So any way, that's something I've thought about a lot as I've watched their videos and I'm curious as to what other people think about this caregiving issue?

Also - can someone fill me on the fake wedding? I know they had a wedding in their backyard during the pandemic but I don't know the details about how it was faked etc. and how they got caught in the lie.

Sorry first post is so long!
I don't think anyone is disputing that it's possible for an able-bodied woman to be attracted to a disabled guy - but I think Shane and Hannah's dynamic specifically is extremely strange.
He essentially has the body of a small child yet Hannah has talked about finding his body sexy in past videos which, if true, surely would imply a fetish, yet anyone who points this out is "ableist" according to Hannah. She carries him in her arms like a baby for God's sake! He can't do a single thing for himself - like you said it's very strange Hannah would immediately assume this role as his primary carer. I think we can all agree he isn't interesting, funny or charming either.

What's really weird to me is how she saw him in a video presenting him as someone who only had a few years at most remaining to live, saw his tiny, shrivelled body, his complete lack of capability and full dependence on others and yet she still reached out to him with the intention of starting a romantic relationship. It's not like she knew him before, or even initially wanted to just be his friend or anything. I find it so strange and quite sinister that she was obviously prepared for him to die from the very beginning of their relationship.

But yeah, the fact that Shane is disabled isn't why people are questioning their authenticity. To me it's the severity of his specific condition and the circumstances surrounding their relationship.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Shadowmoses

New video up with them tasting deserts for their wedding dress up party. I rarely watch their videos all the way through but forced myself on this one. I took the liberty of jotting down some time stamps of things I noticed...they all have to do with the facade they keep up that Shane can eat solid food. After this video I don't believe he can consume anything but liquid and pudding like foods...

3:33 is an example of the kind of jump cut they shoot for..put the food in his mouth, he makes all kinds of noises..cut..get the food out...then he can talk. The cut is purposefully stealthy.

5:49, he starts struggling with the tiny piece of icing...cut, take it out.

8:48, 10:18, after seeing how poorly he did with the earlier pieces, they just start cutting the moment the food goes in his mouth rather than letting it go for a few seconds.

12:43, the pot de creme is the only bite we see him successfully consume without a cut, because it's pudding.

15:00: she shoves a ridiculous amount of food (for him) in his mouth despite his protests. Needs 4 cuts in 15 seconds to help him.

I want to say, its obvious the guy has serious problems eating, which I have no problem with. My problem is the charade they are putting out there that this bro will put back whole slices of pizza, burgers, wings, and wash it down with pitchers of beer. He clearly struggled with tiny pieces of soft cake like I would give my toddler.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

fredflintstone

Chatty Member
S and G have a new video that is 45 minutes long about details of their upcoming wedding: the location is a historic mansion, the appetizers are mini beef wellington and other fancy things, Hannah and Shane aren't going to exchange vows and they won't have a kiss the bride moment because "It's too awkward to talk in front of people" :rolleyes:-instead they're having a reception party without a pro videographer. S and G will film some of the reception party themselves. Hannah had trouble fitting into her original dress, so she will wear it briefly during the reception party and then change into a more forgiving fabric. Meredith is Hannah's made of honor and Shane's brother is his best man. S and G looked bored throughout the video and I had to watch it in bits and pieces since they aren't interesting or funny.
Wait. So let me get this straight.

1. We've seen them kiss a handful of times, albeit dispassionately, in photos and videos.

2. Hannah doesn't mind walking around at home in front of her parents as well as in public (which includes YT videos regardless of the location where they're filmed), braless and/or half naked with her T&A hanging out and her rear end eating her shorts or her 3-sizes-too-small bikini bottoms bikinis "in front of people." While simultaneously talking "in front of people." (And all with Shane's approval, if not per his direction.)

3. Shane seemed to have no problem at all appearing totally naked (at least twice) sitting on a toilet "in front of people."

4. Shane (and by extension, with Hannah's approval) seems to enjoy showing himself shirtless and pantless (that would be "trouserless" for you Brits), "in front of people." (See the "Voldemort in the closet" video for but one example.) Trust me, nobody wants to see that!

4. Both of them "talk in front of [millions of] people" in nearly 400 YT videos to date.

5. Both of them "talk in front of [hundreds of] people" at a time in their traveling "disability awareness" shows at colleges, grade schools, and "book signings." (I'm sure the higher the honorarium and nicer the hotels the hosts put them up in, the easier it becomes to "talk in front of people.")

BUT... they're skipping the vows and traditional wedding kiss because... "it's too awkward to talk in front of people."

:unsure:

What a steaming pile of horse hockey (international sign = 🐂:poop:)!!!

Now, I haven't watched the last two videos yet (I'd have to break the 45-minute one into small bites), but between the comment someone here made just the other day about some nut walking up to S&G in public and asking them to kiss each other and Hannah's "nope" reaction, and your description of the "wedding" video... I call BS! I have never questioned that for some odd reason, however rude, obnoxious, and entitled they seem, that they're truly, in some weird, mysterious way (i.e. there's someone out there for everyone) attracted to each other. "In love" might be too strong a term, but mostly I've thought there's at least some chemistry between them.

But based upon y'all's descriptions, I'm now on Team "It's All Just a Moneymaking Arrangement and a Scam," probably brokered by both sets of parents along with S&G.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

VirtualSkeptic

I dont think its possible to be sexually attracted to someone with such severe conditions. We're designed not to be. We're naturally attracted to healthy mates and naturally turned off by the opposite. The fans would say im shallow or heartless for saying that but this is reality, reality is harsh. In the grand scheme of things its actually a very good thing. If people were actually attracted to people with really bad diseases or conditions our gene pool would be in utter ruin by now. Just imagine all the problems we would have on a global scale if 50% or more of the population were carriers of severe genetic diseases like shanes. Yes fans, badly disabled people totally deserve love, everyone does, but just like virtually every species of mammal on the planet, we're naturally repelled by such afflictions.
You could make a case that devotees can be attracted I guess. But, theyre attracted to the disability, not the person, the person has nothing to do with it. Its like the complete opposite of a positive form of attraction. The person isnt even a person to them, theyre an object. I do not think hannah is one of those, or it would be obviously apparent. The only thing thats apparent is the complete lack of chemsity between them.

• Heart

Clara88

I know because I know the diagnostic traits (a close family member works with autistic kids). She uses eye contact easily with those she trusts. She doesn't seem to have any sensory processing issues. She doesn't have any tics or repetitive behaviours. Her posture is normal. She doesn't have executive function issues. She seems to be able to convey and read emotions. Not every autistic person has to tick all of those boxes but she barely ticks any autistic diagnoses boxes. She wouldn't be diagnosed with it.

She most likely has some social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder.
Then you haven't watched many of their videos. Hannah barely showers because she's said she doesn't like the feeling of water on her skin. She's talked about not wearing certain items of clothing because of how they feel on her skin. She often would stare at Shane's mouth in many of the videos and would tell people in the comments that she was not lipreading; staring at someone's mouth instead of eyes is very common for people on the autistic spectrum. The way she displays emotions comes across as very forced/awkward/over the top most of the time. Her eyes often look vacant when she smiles a huge smile. She is prone to huge, emotional outbursts/emotional dysregulation; she refuses to apologize first to Shane, ever, and has out of control road rage. She said her celebrity crush was Taylor Lautner in her mid 20s and has displayed other signs of being emotionally immature for her age. It appears she only had one close friend in college and is overly attached to her mother for someone in their mid 20s. She has acknowledged that she is naturally very obsessive and introverted. She's talked about how she doesn't know how to talk to/engage with people.

I'm talking about very high functioning autism spectrum disorder (formerly called aspergers), not the type of autism that would cause someone to be in special classes. It's well documented that high functioning autism can manifest differently in women compared with men, who more commonly display the classic symptoms. Watch youtube videos of high functioning women with autism.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

SmallWonder

VIP Member
Here we go again with the all men are bad narrative. As a man myself this is the stuff that pisses me off, especially because she has a large following that will just accept that men are the problem. Grow up.
So true! I'm a woman and I love men! The #Me Too movement did some good in a sense that it brought charges to people like Harvey Weinstein, but it also put some women on an angry witch hunt that vilified a lot of innocuous, friendly behavior from men like a pat on the back from a male boss or a hug to greet a coworker. I can't speak for all women, but when a man calls me pretty or hot when I walk by, I thank him and tell him to have a great day. Hannah is an annoying, man-hating hyper feminist and I find rhetoric like "men are the enemy" or "the problem is men" does nothing to progress equality and civility between men and women.

• Sick
  • Heart

Jbogie

Chatty Member
B97F9A7E-6E36-4B9E-8551-9B8A52C53EC8.jpeg
Going….. Going……. GONE!

Seriously though, if Hannah were to get rear ended or if she slammed on the brakes, the damage to Shane would be devastating. He is too proud to humble himself in front of his viewers and wear a neck brace in the car. What a complete jackass.

Way to “advocate” Shane.

• Heart
  • Haha

SmallWonder

VIP Member
1627574959431.png

Wow, this description really pissed me off on their Patreon! The audacity of them to say that their dream life is to be able to create videos, "but we also need to survive". How unbelievably out of touch and patronizing- they have a 1.8 million dollar mansion, get takeout at least 3 times a week, and neither of them are gainfully employed in a standard job working everyday to keep food on the table. I don't see and significant time, planning, quality content or energy going into their videos from the beginning to now. They don't know the struggle of everyday life at all and they don't deserve any of their wealth or adoration.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Soo random observation: his book is titled Strangers Assume My Girlfriend is my Nurse. But in Shane’s case, Hannah IS his nurse, since according to them, they have no outside help with the exception of Liz sometimes filling in. So wouldn’t a more accurate title be “Strangers Assume my Girlfriend is ONLY my Nurse?” 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart

Tilly Kister

VIP Member
I'm just gonna go out on a limb here - pardon the pun - and say that if my severely disabled husband required an expensive wheelchair and accessories to live a slightly more independent and less painful life, I wouldn't have waited for any medical insurance to stump up for it. I'd have, oh I don't know - maybe resisted the urge to splash out on a million dollar mansion with a luxury pool and bought the bloody chair and joystick instead.

It's possible to buy those things upfront and then wait to be reimbursed by an insurance company you know, Scammer.

• Heart
Hi All!

I'm new here. First post.

I've read bit and pieces of the posts on these 2 but have not read everything so please forgive my ignorance or if I say things that have been said before etc.

Here's my opinion of Shane and Hannah and I hope you don't mind me jumping in to a conversation that has been taking place for awhile.

I started watching them when she was still in college. I find them extremely boring and only watch every now and then out of curiosity. I'm really surprised to see how they and their videos have changed over time and that they are now in a million dollar mansion. I believe they are a couple but I think their relationship is problematic or at the very least puzzling.

I know someone who was paralyzed in a car accident as a teen and is paralyzed from the chest down and has very limited use of his hands. He is a very, very interesting, wonderful, charming guy and as long as I've known him (over 10 years) he has had a string of very attractive girlfriends. I even had an intense crush on him at one point and we flirted for awhile but he started a relationship with another woman and I was heart broken. (That's another story. ) Any way, he currently lives with a woman and they have been together for 5 years. So, I know first-hand that it is possible for attractive, able-bodied women to fall in love with a man who is disabled.

But here's the thing, the guy I know has paid caregivers. His girlfriend is not his primary caregiver. Of course she helps him because they live together and are a couple but being his caregiver is not her role in their relationship. Being a caregiver is a hard, often unpleasant (bathroom rituals etc.) job and I think it would greatly change the dynamics in a romantic relationship for one person to serve this role. I think it would create a weird power dynamic as well.

I don't understand why Shane doesn't have paid caregivers and why Hannah has willingly taken on this role. I don't understand why neither or their parents addressed this early in their relationship. Even before Shane was making big money on their YouTube channel he qualified for SSI and for money that would have paid for caregivers. Now they can clearly afford to pay for it themselves.

Leaving all questions/issues about Liz aside, If I were Hannah's mom and my daughter took on being someone's caregiver while still so young I would be very concerned about all that she is sacrificing.

So any way, that's something I've thought about a lot as I've watched their videos and I'm curious as to what other people think about this caregiving issue?

Also - can someone fill me on the fake wedding? I know they had a wedding in their backyard during the pandemic but I don't know the details about how it was faked etc. and how they got caught in the lie.

Sorry first post is so long!

• Heart

Tilly Kister

VIP Member
As harsh as this sounds when I watched the video of Shane stopping spinraza it’s what crossed my mind she’s acting like it’s coming from a place of love as she doesn’t like Shane getting those injections as it’s hard on his fragile body no bitch you just want him out the way quicker …
The reasons they gave for ceasing with it were appalling. Basically boiled down to "Hannah finds it really difficult to watch and anyway it's expensive."
Bitch, if it's hard to watch, leave the fucking room and if it's expensive, maybe live in a smaller house to save up for it.

• Haha
  • Heart

Tilly Kister

VIP Member
Right, I forgot there are are a few individuals here who are deeply offended by identity politics and the Me Too movement. Get with the times, guys.
I think some of the people here choose to ignore Hannah's longstanding allusions to having been sexually abused as a child. From what she's said on her social media even before she got "Internet famous" it seems to me she was groomed as a very young teen. This will have scarred her deeply. It explains a great deal about her confusion over her sexuality. I think it explains completely her attraction to Shane. He's not threatening. He can't physically initiate anything. He's quite childlike in appearance. She holds all the power in terms of any sexual contact between them. He does not remind her in any way of her abuser.

Hannah is not a nice person and I would never claim that she is. However being a survivor of child sexual abuse is not something to be brushed off as "a compliment" or as some here have bordered on implying "something she brought on herself by her slutty dress sense."

Inappropriate sexual acting out is probably the most common response of people who have been sexually abused. At a critical time in their burgeoning sexual development something terrible happened. It skewed their view not only of the world and the people around them but of themselves. The core of who they are was broken. The young woman Hannah was on her way to being was snuffed out by whoever did that to her and a frightened, bitter, angry, damaged survivor that man made her into took that young woman's place.

Hannah has chosen to take her power back by doing what we see: flaunting her body, speaking about their intimacy and then lashing out at anyone who responds in what she sees as a lascivious manner. Is that the right way or the ethical way to deal with her trauma? No obviously not. I'm not defending her current behaviour. Particularly not the financial exploitation she's engaging in. But it is making me grossly uncomfortable to be taking part in discussions where many of the participants seem to want to disregard entirely the possibility that Hannah is a survivor of child sexual assault and that her adverse life experiences have made her the emotional dumpster fire she is.

• Heart

missmina

VIP Member
I really hope this doesn't come across as anti-disabled or something, but with Shane's lack of muscle control, wouldn't he probably be safer in the backseat, possibly even...rear facing like an infant? Healthy children who are bigger and heavier than him sit in booster seats and have safety precautions, why wouldn't he?
Because he's a real man and he is so much better than other disabled people who would need to be placed in a backseat with proper head support duhh. Also he drinks beer every evening, eats giant meals at restaurants, fucks his wife to the point they have constant pregnancy scares and looks like Ben Affleck.

• Haha
  • Heart
This guy (according to them) is mostly independent, runs the household, helps with yardwork, chugs beer like a frat boy, eats huge heavy meals and f*cks like a beast. Yet, we're the assholes for saying their fans are delusional. Pardon the graphic post, but c'mon now. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

VirtualSkeptic

That latest video is the first SnG vid I watched in several months. Same old bullshittery. Half the video is an ad. Edited to make shane appear to do something that he cant, with lots of acting and posing... and then theres the cringey comments and 5000 replies from JR. And people think this fake af mother and son dynamic is legit? Whatever dudes. Despite what a lying snob Shane is I do feel bad for him. He obviously cant eat solid food. That "funny" face he made when he put the cookie in his mouth sums it up. It must suck. Its sad that all this posing and pretending is as good as it gets for him, but if he was just honest about everything, his content would be vastly more powerful and moving, but of course that wont draw the crowd the SnG does despite that its the complete opposite of powerful and moving.

Last edited:
  • Heart

leigh213

VIP Member
New here! Had NO idea there was a thread for these two here, I guess there would be since their numbers have shot up ( and I honestly don't know why).

Haven't watched them in over a year, got fed up.
I'll start by saying I always felt like I was an absolute asshole or just a bitter snarker that I had issues with them, especially her constantly trying to reveal body parts and for the thumbnails being so tacky and crass. I kept looking through their comments trying to see if anyone else would criticize it, but it was all for naught. All you see is a few horny people, and then people basically kissing their feet.
Oh, and other women more fascinated with Hannah's body than the men.

It's really a shame that he's got the disability in more than one way, because my problem was I kept making excuses for why I shouldn't think one bad thought about him because of it. But the reality seems to be that he is just NOT kind, very immature and expects everything to be done for him. I'm not fond of Hannah either. The eyes are beyond weird and until I read here I didn't know others thought they were freaking crazy. She knows what she does. She's calculated- maybe even more so than Shane imo. She DEFINITELY knows what she does with her body and the edits of her, and I def don't think it's her being told by Shane much to her dismay, I think she relishes the hell out of the comments about her appearance.

It's been eye opening reading these threads, and the ones on GG as well.

• Heart