Squirmy & Grubs #6 Hannah’s vain, Shane’s a pain, their biggest fan is Jamaican Rain

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here's my take on things: Hannah was already a huge fan of The Office TV show when scouring Youtube for inspirational videos about disability, then up comes Rain Wilson from The Office interviewing Shane on "Our Last Days". That celebrity connection in the Youtube video spearheaded Hannah into writing a complete stranger an email about her life in relation to Shane's and all of the things they have in common--despite NOT knowing him at all. Sociopaths/narcissists are very cunning and manipulative and create a mirror image and faked similarities in order to break down someone's defenses and accelerate a bond.

Hannah knew Shane didn't have money then, but saw "star potential" through his connections, just as Shane saw a marginally attractive at best tall, blonde and knew that he could have her eventually use her body to be the sexual linchpin/lure to their Youtube channel and generate the resulting fame. Hannah and her Mom like the finer things in life and made sure early on to convince him to go to Disney, Poland, London, Paris trips with pri-fixe dinner menus under the guise of Hannah's Mom helping them travel. I believe that Hannah and her Mom's codependency is real, but they're also using the resulting financial windfall of the Youtube channel to maximize their assets with a mansion that could be converted to an Air B and B once Shane passes away. It isn't a coincidence that Liz was a career multi-property Air B and B owner; this mansion is definitely another addition to her portfolio, which is precisely why she has dual ownership in it. Sure, Hannah spends a lot of time with Shane, and maybe she developed a strong comradery with him overtime, but I don't think that she loves him on a deep level. They're both using each other.

Reactions: 20
Not all of us think shes in it for the money and Im still not 100 percent convinced Shane actually has any money. What im saying is there is some serious mental illness going on between the both of them. Shane is way beyond “just a normal disabled guy” hes equal to an infant as he can barely do a single thing for himself. Not to mention hes self loathing and hates being compared to anyone else with his affliction. They have zero chemistry between eachother Hannah 1000 yard stares and fake laughs at every ridiculous thing Shane says its blatantly obvious shes acting. What twenty something year old girl would drop everything in her life to wipe a severely crippled narcissists butt all day? Some of us on here believe Hannah is a victim of some sorts and this is her way of coping, others might say shes a closeted lesbian. I do not believe they are intimate and theres a lot of deceit in their videos

• Heart
Reactions: 17
What would Hannah have to gain when, at the end of the day, she still has to physically live with Shane?

1. A mansion with a pool
2. Getting to live with her 2 favorite people (hint: Shane isn’t one of them)
3. Adoring fans who think her selflessness is akin to sainthood.
4. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
5. The knowledge that this is temporary because the likelihood of S&H growing old together is nil.

Regardless of how these two came together (and I don’t claim to know), I do believe there was an infatuation period where they really liked each other and couldn’t stand being apart. I think those days are LONG,LONG gone. In fact, I think she has very little use for him. I think they created a financial monster that needs to be continuously fed and now they’re ”stuck” with their channel turning into one giant sponsorship campaign. The greed will be their downfall. They should have taken things a little slower. That’s just my 2 cents.

• Heart
You see I think what you're saying is fine to debate on here because it's at least actually possible.

I am definitely not saying that they're beyond criticism or its completely impossible that anything they say and do could be greedy or lies or anything like that. That's possible and up for debate.

What doesn't make any sense to me is the argument that it's all a charade which would just take so much collusion and effort for that to possibly true. Some people on here think Shane is in on the faking.. some don't. Hannah's parents would have to be in on the fake too right. This is getting to flat earther levels of ridiculous.

There is plenty you could still critique about them but the legitimacy of whether they're really a couple or not isn't one of them for me.
And youre entitled to your opinion but you cant just make a new account and decide whats up for debate on here and whats not.
"Flat earther level"...Except theres actually evidence that indicates theyre completely full of bs. Why did they fake a wedding ceremony if they truly love each other amd are legit? Why do they lie constantly? Why do they exploit their bodies to get more views, and to make more money.? They claim the purpose for their channel is to raise awareness regarding disability yet their actions have made it 100% clear that the only purpose of their channel is to make money. How do you rationalize all this amd shrug it off? How many husbands would be ok with their wife appearing nearly naked on camera just to make more mo ey? Is that wholesome, or is that pathetic...and the utter lack of chemistry, the complete fakeness of hannah in videos laughing at literally everything. They come off as FAKE AS HELL, amd there is obviously no love there. A good friendship? Sure, that would make sense, but there is not the slightest hint of love between them as in sexual and a true companions love...this much should be apparent to everyone.
Apparently your opinion is that they are genuine but they just happen to be shameless dishonest pieces of crap and hannah and her family is getting rich from this out of mere coincidence...thats awfully convenient. Your opinion is basically "I take their word for it despite the fact that they lie constantly and have made it clear that the channels only purpose is to make money" ...Thats fair enough, but if you think thats the most logical explanation then youre the typical SnG fan. We can disagree in a respectful manner but im not going to be respectful if you compare me or anyone else on here to a flat earther.

Here's my take on things: Hannah was already a huge fan of The Office TV show when scouring Youtube for inspirational videos about disability, then up comes Rain Wilson from The Office interviewing Shane on "Our Last Days". That celebrity connection in the Youtube video spearheaded Hannah into writing a complete stranger an email about her life in relation to Shane's and all of the things they have in common--despite NOT knowing him at all. Sociopaths/narcissists are very cunning and manipulative and create a mirror image and faked similarities in order to break down someone's defenses and accelerate a bond.

Hannah knew Shane didn't have money then, but saw "star potential" through his connections, just as Shane saw a marginally attractive at best tall, blonde and knew that he could have her eventually use her body to be the sexual linchpin/lure to their Youtube channel and generate the resulting fame. Hannah and her Mom like the finer things in life and made sure early on to convince him to go to Disney, Poland, London, Paris trips with pri-fixe dinner menus under the guise of Hannah's Mom helping them travel. I believe that Hannah and her Mom's codependency is real, but they're also using the resulting financial windfall of the Youtube channel to maximize their assets with a mansion that could be converted to an Air B and B once Shane passes away. It isn't a coincidence that Liz was a career multi-property Air B and B owner; this mansion is definitely another addition to her portfolio, which is precisely why she has dual ownership in it. Sure, Hannah spends a lot of time with Shane, and maybe she developed a strong comradery with him overtime, but I don't think that she loves him on a deep level. They're both using each other.
Thats a really good summary

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Regardless of how these two came together (and I don’t claim to know), I do believe there was an infatuation period where they really liked each other and couldn’t stand being apart. I think those days are LONG,LONG gone. In fact, I think she has very little use for him. I think they created a financial monster that needs to be continuously fed and now they’re ”stuck” with their channel turning into one giant sponsorship campaign. The greed will be their downfall. They should have taken things a little slower. That’s just my 2 cents.
Perfectly said. I don't believe this was a con from the start, but it has grown out of control and needs to be constantly fed in order not to collapse. They aren't two young people who live together in a small apartment, making a blog for fun anymore. It would be one thing to live off of some book royalties and whatever he makes running his money laund- oops I'm sorry- non profit. Their vanity has them now in a position where they have to fund a mansion and all that comes with it...property taxes, general upkeep, landscaping, heat (Minnesota gets mighty cold in winter) pool maintenance...there is no way Hanna's parents, or her for that matter, are doing that stuff. They have to continue to make a lot of money at this point, which is why we get nothing but videos of them prostituting themselves for the highest bidder.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hi All!

I'm new here. First post.

I've read bit and pieces of the posts on these 2 but have not read everything so please forgive my ignorance or if I say things that have been said before etc.

Here's my opinion of Shane and Hannah and I hope you don't mind me jumping in to a conversation that has been taking place for awhile.

I started watching them when she was still in college. I find them extremely boring and only watch every now and then out of curiosity. I'm really surprised to see how they and their videos have changed over time and that they are now in a million dollar mansion. I believe they are a couple but I think their relationship is problematic or at the very least puzzling.

I know someone who was paralyzed in a car accident as a teen and is paralyzed from the chest down and has very limited use of his hands. He is a very, very interesting, wonderful, charming guy and as long as I've known him (over 10 years) he has had a string of very attractive girlfriends. I even had an intense crush on him at one point and we flirted for awhile but he started a relationship with another woman and I was heart broken. (That's another story. ) Any way, he currently lives with a woman and they have been together for 5 years. So, I know first-hand that it is possible for attractive, able-bodied women to fall in love with a man who is disabled.

But here's the thing, the guy I know has paid caregivers. His girlfriend is not his primary caregiver. Of course she helps him because they live together and are a couple but being his caregiver is not her role in their relationship. Being a caregiver is a hard, often unpleasant (bathroom rituals etc.) job and I think it would greatly change the dynamics in a romantic relationship for one person to serve this role. I think it would create a weird power dynamic as well.

I don't understand why Shane doesn't have paid caregivers and why Hannah has willingly taken on this role. I don't understand why neither or their parents addressed this early in their relationship. Even before Shane was making big money on their YouTube channel he qualified for SSI and for money that would have paid for caregivers. Now they can clearly afford to pay for it themselves.

Leaving all questions/issues about Liz aside, If I were Hannah's mom and my daughter took on being someone's caregiver while still so young I would be very concerned about all that she is sacrificing.

So any way, that's something I've thought about a lot as I've watched their videos and I'm curious as to what other people think about this caregiving issue?

Also - can someone fill me on the fake wedding? I know they had a wedding in their backyard during the pandemic but I don't know the details about how it was faked etc. and how they got caught in the lie.

Sorry first post is so long!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hi All!

I've read bit and pieces of the posts on these 2 but have not read everything so please forgive my ignorance or if I say things that have been said before etc.

Here's my opinion of Shane and Hannah and I hope you don't mind me jumping in to a conversation that has been taking place for awhile.

I started watching them when she was still in college. I find them extremely boring and only watch every now and then out of curiosity. I'm really surprised to see how they and their videos have changed over time and that they are now in a million dollar mansion. I believe they are a couple but I think their relationship is problematic or at the very least puzzling.

I know someone who was paralyzed in a car accident as a teen and is paralyzed from the chest down and has very limited use of his hands. He is a very, very interesting, wonderful, charming guy and as long as I've known him (over 10 years) he has had a string of very attractive girlfriends. I even had an intense crush on him at one point and we flirted for awhile but he started a relationship with another woman and I was heart broken. (That's another story. ) Any way, he currently lives with a woman and they have been together for 5 years. So, I know first-hand that it is possible for attractive, able-bodied women to fall in love with a man who is disabled.

But here's the thing, the guy I know has paid caregivers. His girlfriend is not his primary caregiver. Of course she helps him because they live together and are a couple but being his caregiver is not her role in their relationship. Being a caregiver is a hard, often unpleasant (bathroom rituals etc.) job and I think it would greatly change the dynamics in a romantic relationship for one person to serve this role. I think it would create a weird power dynamic as well.

I don't understand why Shane doesn't have paid caregivers and why Hannah has willingly taken on this role. I don't understand why neither or their parents addressed this early in their relationship. Even before Shane was making big money on their YouTube channel he qualified for SSI and for money that would have paid for caregivers. Now they can clearly afford to pay for it themselves.

Leaving all questions/issues about Liz aside, If I were Hannah's mom and my daughter took on being someone's caregiver while still so young I would be very concerned about all that she is sacrificing.

So any way, that's something I've thought about a lot as I've watched their videos and I'm curious as to what other people think about this caregiving issue?

Also - can someone fill me on the fake wedding? I know they had a wedding in their backyard during the pandemic but I don't know the details about how it was faked etc. and how they got caught in the lie.

Its impossible for their ceremony to have been legal because its not possible to get married in their state via zoom. Officiant and witnesses must be physically present and the witnesses have to sign documentation that must be turned in by the officiant after the ceremony. It was only hannah and shane in their backyard so its impossible for it to have been legal. The funny part about it is shane briefly admitted it wasnt real during the livestream they did afterwards when he cracked and said "we're not really married" but he did regain composure and went on to answer a pointblank question from a fan asking if the ceremony was legal with "yes". What annoys me about this is all the donations they took in from that fake ceremony while pretending it was legal.
They did go to the courthouse about a month later amd legally married, probably to cover their ass since many people were aware that it wasmt possible for the ceremony to have been legal and people were informing the fans of this in every single SnG comment section. After they married at the courthouse they uploaded a video titled "we lied about our wedding" and further covered their ass with more excuses and lies. They have never admitted that the ceremony was not legal aside from shanes brief moment of cracking under the spotlight.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Re: the fake wedding..

They had a ceremony over Zoom (cus covid) but didn't actually sign a marriage license for a week or so (I think they said there was a delay.. I don't remember). At the time, people were checking for marriage licenses issued on the day they had the ceremony (which I guess is publicly available online) and didn't find any so accused them of being fake (I think someone even found Hannah's mom's mobile number and rang her with the accusation).

I think people then did see the real license after that. It's not that weird to have a ceremony that you consider your marriage but not have the legal proceedings that day. Like when Megan Markle and Prince Harry had a private unofficial wedding before their official wedding.

Reactions: 1
Hi All!

I don't think anyone is disputing that it's possible for an able-bodied woman to be attracted to a disabled guy - but I think Shane and Hannah's dynamic specifically is extremely strange.
He essentially has the body of a small child yet Hannah has talked about finding his body sexy in past videos which, if true, surely would imply a fetish, yet anyone who points this out is "ableist" according to Hannah. She carries him in her arms like a baby for God's sake! He can't do a single thing for himself - like you said it's very strange Hannah would immediately assume this role as his primary carer. I think we can all agree he isn't interesting, funny or charming either.

What's really weird to me is how she saw him in a video presenting him as someone who only had a few years at most remaining to live, saw his tiny, shrivelled body, his complete lack of capability and full dependence on others and yet she still reached out to him with the intention of starting a romantic relationship. It's not like she knew him before, or even initially wanted to just be his friend or anything. I find it so strange and quite sinister that she was obviously prepared for him to die from the very beginning of their relationship.

But yeah, the fact that Shane is disabled isn't why people are questioning their authenticity. To me it's the severity of his specific condition and the circumstances surrounding their relationship.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
For me it looks like his health is declining and they are trying to cover it up. His teeth are a mess and we've had dentists here say that there's no way Hannah is brushing his teeth everyday. Maybe once a week. Then there's the diapers and pee bottles. He's sunburned all the time and looks neglected. Why are they putting shoes on him that are 7 sizes too large? They keep showing these huge meals but we never see him eat a bite of it. I honestly feel bad for the guy since he less days ahead of him than behind him. I'm really curious if Hannah continues their channel when he eventually passes.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
This is a genuine question to those of you that think their whole relationship is fake (or at least that Hannah is only in it for the money)

If Hannah is a gold digger, wouldn't it have been easier for her to woo maybe an older but mobile rich man? She could have had a rich lifestyle that way much easier.. without the effort she does now.

You might not believe she does Shane's care but she a least does everything you see on video which is still a lot. They're also definitely legally married and live together.

When they first met, Shane wasn't rich. He had a popular blog but still lived at home with his parents. I wouldn't have called him famous.. maybe vaguely known on Tumblr. She would have had predicted they'd become rich and popular.

I just think if someone just in it for money/fame would not go to the effort she has to maintain it all (even if it's only the on camera stuff). They clearly do spend a very large amount of time together (especially during lockdown where they barely saw anyone else). It would take a lot of effort to fake all that.

I'm just genuinely curious how someone could explain away all that without sounding like a conspiracy theorist of QAnon levels. Like when people went super conspiracy mode looking at Liz's Facebook page from years ago having a recent photo of Shane on it so assuming the recent photo was actually old.. when obviously she had shared a Facebook page that updates to show the latest photo. It was easier to assume a photo was fake for no discernible reason.

You can think her attraction to him is weird in some way or another.. but she must have one. You can think they don't show the whole truth of their lives.. but it doesn't make any sense to say their relationship isn't real.

(Also before you think I'm connected to anyone to do with the channel..I'm not. I'm just genuinely curious how people can convince themselves of outlandish conspiracy theories because it makes more sense to them than someone being in love with a disabled person)

I still think Hannah is likely on the autistic spectrum and possibly also has trauma regarding men. Her sensory issues, very odd expressions, over-reliance/co-dependence on her mother, lack of an interest in socializing, and emotional outbursts all give me this vibe. Liz also seems a bit Aspie to me, she's a bit 'off' as well and seems overly servile. Apparently it's way more common for autistic women to date someone physically disabled for some reason and they often seek out relationships where they do a lot of emotional or physical labor. Also, autistic people also are more likely to have fetishes than the average population. Hannah is emotionally immature for her age. I would bet that she's mostly asexual or sexually very strange.

At this point I agree that whatever their real relationship was, it's taken a backseat to the huge youtube financial windfall that's happened & now money dominates their lives.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

They had a ceremony over Zoom (cus covid) but didn't actually sign a marriage license for a week or so (I think they said there was a delay.. I don't remember). At the time, people were checking for marriage licenses issued on the day they had the ceremony (which I guess is publicly available online) and didn't find any so accused them of being fake (I think someone even found Hannah's mom's mobile number and rang her with the accusation).

I think people then did see the real license after that. It's not that weird to have a ceremony that you consider your marriage but not have the legal proceedings that day. Like when Megan Markle and Prince Harry had a private unofficial wedding before their official wedding.
I get it. You're Hanna, right?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

If you watch the livestream video they did after their filmed ceremony you'll note that someone in the chat asked Shane if their Zoom ceremony was legal and Shane said "yes." So they lied about their original youtube Zoom ceremony being legally binding. I believe their marriage license indicated that their wedding occurred weeks after the Zoom ceremony.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I still think Hannah is likely on the autistic spectrum and possibly also has trauma regarding men. Her sensory issues, very odd expressions, over-reliance/co-dependence on her mother, lack of an interest in socializing, and emotional outbursts all give me this vibe. Liz also seems a bit Aspie to me, she's a bit 'off' as well and seems overly servile. Apparently it's way more common for autistic women to date someone physically disabled for some reason and they often seek out relationships where they do a lot of emotional or physical labor. Also, autistic people also are more likely to have fetishes than the average population. Hannah is emotionally immature for her age. I would bet that she's mostly asexual or sexually very strange.

At this point I agree that whatever their real relationship was, it's taken a backseat to the huge youtube financial windfall that's happened & now money dominates their lives.
Completely agree with you on all of this, it would explain a lot. Weird fetish, asexual or potentially a closeted lesbian which I know a lot of people here have already speculated.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So many things have been said and I think I came late to the party. But I just wanna respond to a couple of things that PolarbearNinja AKA Hannah (jk) said that I haven't seen being replied to. Sorry If I am repeating stuff.

Also, welcome new members.

1) Their videos are not about their entire days. I'm a film director and let me tell you, you can fake that weeks go by filming everything in one day and editing it into a 10-minute video. This is exactly what they do when they show "days" have passed, and those videos about "their whole day" is shot in about an hour. But don't believe me, take your phone and make a video yourself, you'll believe it.

2) Somebody mentioned it already, but they were not legally married until there was some pressure from people. They lied plain and simple. It wasn't until they saw some backlash that they decided to make it real.

3) It was mentioned that they clearly spend a lot of time together. We have reason to believe, based on the videos that we've seen that Hannah's mom is Shane's caretaker. Hannah is in this moneymaking machine and them being together throughout the lockdown made sense. Like I mentioned before, we don't know how much time they actually spend together, because all we see is a 10-minute video about their lives. What happens the rest of the 23 hours and 50 minutes?

4) Hannah doesn't work hard. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT SHE DOES THE WHOLE DAY. What some of us think she does is be with her actual partner (her bestie), maybe that's the secret life you mentioned. Also, you know what else she does? Be in a bikini in a pool mansion, making money off advertisements, youtube revenue, and other endorsements.

5)Not everyone here believes she doesn't like Shane. Maybe she likes him enough to do all the traveling and videos, but not enough to sleep with him, maybe her actual caretaker does everything they claim she does.

6) Watch the video about them traveling to Orlando and tell me who's doing all the work. I'll give you a hint: it ain't Hannah.

They are both liars, greedy, evil, vain, and manipulators. They claim their channel is about awareness and being advocates yet when someone reaches out to them with genuine questions about disability or asking for some kind of help, instead of helping they have someone like Jamaican Rain respond telling them to donate through Patreon so they can talk to them directly. What kind of tit is that?

• Heart
I get it. You're Hanna, right?
Clearly. Or maybe we’ve summoned JR. And it’s laughable how she brings up Q. That group clearly needs urgent psychiatric help…but “conspiracy theories” like we discuss on here aren’t the same at all whatsoever. We aren’t paranoid freaks like Q, we’re people who discuss very compelling evidence and theories as to what’s going on. It’s very different. And of course she pulls the “So you guys don’t think he deserves love?” card.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
PurpleFlamingo (assuming most you have read the previous thread), JamaicanRain, polarbearninja. What a coincidence!
But, then there is the Onision and Jaclyn wildcard that we are split on. I would not mind someone doing a poll on another site to see on one page exactly where we all are on believing Hannah or someone else in one of the familes is on Onision video comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Her college major revolved around interabled relationships. This sham is right up her alley. We have no idea what their original terms and agreements were/are but we do know shane marketed the exact same interabled love story with anna reynalda. Same story, same jokes, same strangers assume my gf is my nurse theme. There is obvious marketing and bs going on with this. They started their yt channel immediately after they met up in person and they had immediate success.
Im equally puzzled by people who think it all unfolded how they claim it did and its simply genuine. Can anyone find 1 single example of a pretty chick seeking out a severely disabled person who can do literally nothing for her who is not business owner or rich or famous to some degree who stood nothing to gain?
I dont think its all about the money but its obviously a big factor, the mass amounts of attention is as well. Shes making her professors proud. The insane amount of wealth and fame her and her family have gained from this is hardly a coincidence. She will never have to work again. From a minimum wage job at kohls...to never having to work again....
Ps. They only got legally married after their fake ceremony got exposed. Do you know many genuine couples that fake a wedding ceremony?
And then theres all the other constant lies. Constant pan handling, and milking their channel for every penny. Compare them to any other interabled couple and its night and day. They are in their own league of scamming scum
And the constant thumbnails of her showing her boobs and her ass and the videos. Even on the last video as she bent over to pick Shane up she clearly bent over in front of the camera with her tank top on. And she wears skimpy tops and short shorts whenever she's picking Shane up like she did when they were getting Shane ready for her trip. They know how to get views.

Clearly. Or maybe we’ve summoned JR. And it’s laughable how she brings up Q. That group clearly needs urgent psychiatric help…but “conspiracy theories” like we discuss on here aren’t the same at all whatsoever. We aren’t paranoid freaks like Q, we’re people who discuss very compelling evidence and theories as to what’s going on. It’s very different. And of course she pulls the “So you guys don’t think he deserves love?” card.
And QAnon has very dangerous and deranged views. As far as I can see on here, we do not.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Here we go again with the all men are bad narrative. As a man myself this is the stuff that pisses me off, especially because she has a large following that will just accept that men are the problem. Grow up.
What pisses me off as a woman is that most girls don't "hate" their body because dudes old or young look at them as they being to fill out. I'm tired of this narrative being put out over and over again. Yes, it makes a girl uncomfortable when the creepy older guy ogles them (and is fantastic if its coming from a cute guy her age), but I'm sure the young attractive guys aren't all that thrilled when the older ladies give them the looks either.

• Heart
Reactions: 6