Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had similar a few weeks back in the same spot, I went to get it checked as it also felt lumpy but doctor said it looked and felt normal. A few days later it all went down.
Maybe try a warm compress on it to see if that helps?
Sounds similar! The skin just doesn’t feel quite right…looks alittle lumpy. Thought at first it was my bra causing problem…. Maybe it is… Iv loosened it right up and I’ll go get fitted.
Thanks I’ll try the warm compress! See what happens!

Thanks for help with sterilisers! Seems tommee tippee steam & Milton are the best options!

I’ve had my 16 week appointment today and just felt like it was a bit pointless really! The midwives have changed since the booking appointment and the old midwife forgot to tell me to take a urine sample so that wasn’t tested. They only really took my BP and answered very little questions I have! They also don’t allow you to listen to the heartbeat around here until you are at least over 20 weeks! I suppose it’s done now anyway!

I have been a bit lazy with my pregnancy multivitamins since being over 12 weeks, would any of you still recommend I take them? They contain everything not just folic acid so I suppose it is a good idea to continue.

The midwife asked me if I have felt any movements which I thought was a bit early as it’s my first baby. I’m actually only 15+3 not 16 weeks has anyone else felt movements this early with their first baby?
I’m only taking vitamin D now as that’s all my midwife said after 12 weeks but I guess the multi can’t hurt?
I’m still not sure if I’ve felt mine & I’m 18 weeks with my first but also have an anterior placenta. I only feel taps / waves occasionally when I concentrate but my partner is convinced it’s wind not the baby 😂

Reactions: 2
Thanks for help with sterilisers! Seems tommee tippee steam & Milton are the best options!

I’m only taking vitamin D now as that’s all my midwife said after 12 weeks but I guess the multi can’t hurt?
I’m still not sure if I’ve felt mine & I’m 18 weeks with my first but also have an anterior placenta. I only feel taps / waves occasionally when I concentrate but my partner is convinced it’s wind not the baby 😂
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking with the multi!

when did you find out you have an anterior placenta? I can imagine it’s quite frustrating for you!

I do have a private scan at the weekend when I’m 16 weeks so hoping to find out the gender! I am convinced boy my husband is convinced girl so let’s see who wins 😂

I’ve had my 16 week appointment today and just felt like it was a bit pointless really! The midwives have changed since the booking appointment and the old midwife forgot to tell me to take a urine sample so that wasn’t tested. They only really took my BP and answered very little questions I have! They also don’t allow you to listen to the heartbeat around here until you are at least over 20 weeks! I suppose it’s done now anyway!

I have been a bit lazy with my pregnancy multivitamins since being over 12 weeks, would any of you still recommend I take them? They contain everything not just folic acid so I suppose it is a good idea to continue.

The midwife asked me if I have felt any movements which I thought was a bit early as it’s my first baby. I’m actually only 15+3 not 16 weeks has anyone else felt movements this early with their first baby?
mine told me to keep taking them as long as they don’t upset my stomach which they don’t. I think if you can stomach them then go for it, my friend was terribly ill the first trimester so stopped taking hers after 12 weeks because the midwife recommended 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Had my blood test, will that be able to tell me how far along I am because I have no clue. I don’t know how any of this works😟

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking with the multi!

when did you find out you have an anterior placenta? I can imagine it’s quite frustrating for you!

I do have a private scan at the weekend when I’m 16 weeks so hoping to find out the gender! I am convinced boy my husband is convinced girl so let’s see who wins 😂
If you’ve had your 12 weeks scan appointment it will tell you on the printed report - have a little look x

Had my blood test, will that be able to tell me how far along I am because I have no clue. I don’t know how any of this works😟
They ask you when your last period was… and usually calculate from there. I’m not sure about blood tests being able to tell you how far along you are, usually when you go for a scan they can measure the baby and that gives an indication x

They ask you when your last period was… and usually calculate from there. I’m not sure about blood tests being able to tell you how far along you are, usually when you go for a scan they can measure the baby and that gives an indication x
I don’t have periods because I have the implant in which I why I can’t work it out myself. Will the hormones from my implant hurt the baby?

They can get a vague idea, for example 4-6 weeks based on how high your HCG levels are but it isn't very accurate x

Has anyone's nausea come back? I'm 27 weeks tomorrow and I've just had a lovely 15 mins trying not to throw up.
I’ve noticed that nausea could be coming back for me too. It’s not been every day but had a few moments of feeling sick/trying to not be sick as well between 26-27 weeks. Hoping it doesn’t continue but it can come back in third trimester 😭

I’ve noticed that nausea could be coming back for me too. It’s not been every day but had a few moments of feeling sick/trying to not be sick as well between 26-27 weeks. Hoping it doesn’t continue but it can come back in third trimester 😭
Mine came back with a vengeance at 24 weeks.. left for a few weeks and now I'm back to daily nausea/sickness at 38 weeks... I read that late in the third trimester it can be a sign of early Labour so I'm staying hopeful ☺

• Heart
12 week scan done an dusted and all good with baby ❤ telling my six year old she will be a big sister once she gets home from school and hoping all goes OK with that 💕 currently feeling very blessed x

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Has/had anyone else around 18 weeks still got a small tummy? I’m scared baby isn’t in there from how small I am still😂 when I was 12 weeks I looked more pregnant from the bloat. I’m usually size 6 and I’ve gone up to size 8 in clothes but that’s it. Still just looking like I ate a big dinner :( lol I want to look cute and bumpy
I’m 32 weeks and I’m smaller than my friend who’s 26 weeks! I’m still an 8-10 in my gym leggings and shorts ect. Just depends everyone. Carries different x

I don’t have periods because I have the implant in which I why I can’t work it out myself. Will the hormones from my implant hurt the baby?
I would imagine they'd send you for an early scan if it does come back that you're pregnant. The blood test won't show you how far along you are if you are pregnant because the hcg levels vary so much!

If it comes back you are pregnant, they'll get it taken out for you ASAP.

I'm pretty sure there's research to show it does not affect pregnancy or the baby though on the rare chance someone were to fall pregnant on the implant.

Just back from 34 week midwife appt and little miss is back to back 🤦‍♀️. Midwife has said not to worry as still plenty of time for her to spin, plus even though head is down, it’s nowhere near engaged so she has lots of room to move. She’s just recommended going on the ball every evening and trying not to sit too slouched on the sofa etc but now I can’t help but panic about a back to back labour. Anyone had any past experience?

• Heart
Reactions: 2

At my antenatal course (run by the trust) they spent quite a lot of time on vitamins/supplements, it was a bit odd to find out fairly late on what they recommended (quite a lot!) because it never came up at any of my midwife/consultant appts

I have anterior placenta and only felt tiny taps/flutters after about 20 weeks or so.

Just back from 34 week midwife appt and little miss is back to back 🤦‍♀️. Midwife has said not to worry as still plenty of time for her to spin, plus even though head is down, it’s nowhere near engaged so she has lots of room to move. She’s just recommended going on the ball every evening and trying not to sit too slouched on the sofa etc but now I can’t help but panic about a back to back labour. Anyone had any past experience?
My SIL's baby was back to back but I think that happened fairly late on as she was having growth scans and it was a surprise that he was.

At my antenatal course (run by the trust) they spent quite a lot of time on vitamins/supplements, it was a bit odd to find out fairly late on what they recommended (quite a lot!) because it never came up at any of my midwife/consultant appts

I have anterior placenta and only felt tiny taps/flutters after about 20 weeks or so.

My SIL's baby was back to back but I think that happened fairly late on as she was having growth scans and it was a surprise that he was.
How strange, what supplements did they recommend? They only put those 2 on the NHS website as well so odd they recommend different things depending on where people are but it seems to vary completely depending on trust which I’ve always found strange

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.