Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there a reason you're expecting to be told you have it? ❤
I posted a few days ago. But I’m 31 weeks now and I keep having hypoglycaemic episodes. I’ve not been feeling well and not been eating as much but not had that before in pregnancy. I also am quite thirsty and need to wee all the time. But I forget to drink then down two pints so it’s hard to say. Either way I’m not feeling great.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Got my GTT tomorrow. How quickly do they let you know if there’s an issue? Does anyone know? X
I had mine on a Monday and got a call on the Thursday to make a referral appt with a diabetic nurse x

Also, I've been having to go for twice-weekly blood pressure checks for the last few weeks. My urine samples have been at +1 for protein for a couple of the appts and when I went on Thursday, the midwife said it was between 1 and 2 so she was going to send the sample off for a PCR test. I'm expecting a call to be induced on Wednesday so she said there's a good chance I'll have had the baby before the results come back as they are busy. But I've had a text from my GP today to say they're going to call me tomorrow morning to discuss it. Anyone have any experience with PCR tests and what they're likely to say? I assume it's not urgent or they'd have just called me today.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
The last couple days I've had like butterflies and then today got in the bath and felt what sort of felt like taps as others have described. Almost like a bruise pain but in short bursts in one small spot... Is this baby!? (I'm 17+3)
Sounds it :) I was about the same and I didn’t get the butterfly feeling others described, like a tiny hand knocking or a pulse 😂 for me it was in the same place for a couple of days. I’m 20+5 now and I fee baba daily, more like butterflies but I would describe it of more a fist banging now 😂

• Heart
I posted a few days ago. But I’m 31 weeks now and I keep having hypoglycaemic episodes. I’ve not been feeling well and not been eating as much but not had that before in pregnancy. I also am quite thirsty and need to wee all the time. But I forget to drink then down two pints so it’s hard to say. Either way I’m not feeling great.
Ah I remember now, sorry. That post did cross my mind if it was you when I wrote that out!

Fingers crossed for you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I had my GTT one morning and was called the next morning with the dreaded news

• Heart
Does anyone have any good decaf tea recommendations or herbal teas that are safe to drink?
Tetley decaf! (personally) I think it tastes great and I love tea...well I did until I went off it early pregnancy 😂

Also, why do films, shows ect make pregnancy seem glamorous? Currently at week 15 having had bleeding, nosebleeds and a burst ovarian cyst and still having nausea, sickness, heartburn, anxiety and now milk blisters which are quite painful. If anyone has any remedies I would be so grateful. Just feeling sorry for myself, and not sure of my point. It took us so long to conceive, we used fertility treatment, and feel I should be enjoying it more but really I just feel quite upset I am not enjoying it and wishing time away until baby is here. Sorry for the moan but I know some of you have experienced similar and it has been helpful to not feel alone x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Got my GTT tomorrow. How quickly do they let you know if there’s an issue? Does anyone know? X
I had one at 16 weeks. My trust uses an online portal and my results were on there about 7pm the same day. Got one on Thursday as well!

Hot tip, get there early like 15-30 minutes before they tell you to arrive, means you will start your countdown earlier and get to eat sooner! MIL is picking me up at 7.45!

Tetley decaf! (personally) I think it tastes great and I love tea...well I did until I went off it early pregnancy 😂

Also, why do films, shows ect make pregnancy seem glamorous? Currently at week 15 having had bleeding, nosebleeds and a burst ovarian cyst and still having nausea, sickness, heartburn, anxiety and now milk blisters which are quite painful. If anyone has any remedies I would be so grateful. Just feeling sorry for myself, and not sure of my point. It took us so long to conceive, we used fertility treatment, and feel I should be enjoying it more but really I just feel quite upset I am not enjoying it and wishing time away until baby is here. Sorry for the moan but I know some of you have experienced similar and it has been helpful to not feel alone x
I was pretty miserable until about week 16-18 (nothing like you have been through though!) and also felt quite sad about not enjoying being pregnant after we had waited so long. I hope things improve. I found it helped to really embrace even the smallest improvements, like being able to get up and go out on a Saturday morning, or having energy to do the washing up, or be able to make my own breakfast without being sick. But, it was also hard to do when I was still feeling terrible so do try to be kind to yourself, it is very tough

• Heart

I can’t offer any advice, but just to share that you’re not alone. We really struggled to conceive too and I expected pregnancy to be this magical and beautiful thing (which it is!!) but I also feel so tit, and then feel guilty for feeling tit when this is what we’ve desperately wanted for so long.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I can’t offer any advice, but just to share that you’re not alone. We really struggled to conceive too and I expected pregnancy to be this magical and beautiful thing (which it is!!) but I also feel so tit, and then feel guilty for feeling tit when this is what we’ve desperately wanted for so long.
I was having a moan about looking fat instead of pregnant at work the other day and one of my colleagues told me ‘sh don’t be negative your baby will feel it’ made me feel like a right cow😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I had one at 16 weeks. My trust uses an online portal and my results were on there about 7pm the same day. Got one on Thursday as well!

Hot tip, get there early like 15-30 minutes before they tell you to arrive, means you will start your countdown earlier and get to eat sooner! MIL is picking me up at 7.45!
I’ve got an appt for 9.05. I think it’s just where the normal blood test dept is so not sure if I get there early it will make any difference?

Btw, I think you’re totally entitled to feeling tit and complaining about it. Doesn’t make you any less grateful or want your baby any less, same for all of us xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Eeeesh got the 20 week scan tomorrow, been in calls from 9-5 today so not had time to think about it but suddenly just dawned on me we find out the gender which makes it all more real! Also nervous because it’s checking for anomalies too and it’s all so overwhelming.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Pregnancy is HARD. I felt like absolute tit for 90% of it, I was so miserable, I think I was on here most days moaning how much I hated it and how I couldn’t wait for it to end.

But I still (for some reason) miss it so much and I’m so jealous of you guys being pregnant 😢😢😢

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve got an appt for 9.05. I think it’s just where the normal blood test dept is so not sure if I get there early it will make any difference?
Hm, mine is in the antenatal clinic. Basically 2 days a week they just do blood tests in the clinic. they book however many people they can fit in, you queue up at the desk and get a number. Then they call you for the first blood draw + drink in number order, and same again after 2 hours. But if it's in the normal blood test place it may be run slightly differently.

When we had our scan with WTTW on Saturday I didn’t really notice but after looking at our pictures the baby is measuring at 9.6cm. Wtf, is that really tiny for 16+4?!
That isn't baby's size, it's something to do with the scanner I think. The one from my 12 week scan says 19hz/ 20cm which is huge for 12 weeks!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.