Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hm, mine is in the antenatal clinic. Basically 2 days a week they just do blood tests in the clinic. they book however many people they can fit in, you queue up at the desk and get a number. Then they call you for the first blood draw + drink in number order, and same again after 2 hours. But if it's in the normal blood test place it may be run slightly differently.
Is it a full on blood test they do or just a finger prick? Just so I can mentally prepare myself if it's two proper blood tests in one day 😪

When we had our scan with WTTW on Saturday I didn’t really notice but after looking at our pictures the baby is measuring at 9.6cm. Wtf, is that really tiny for 16+4?!
They don’t always get it right. I would wait for your anomaly test at the hospital before worrying… and even then try not to worry obviously. (Disclaimer: that Still doesn’t mean the measurement they do there will be any more accurate)

Reactions: 4
Is it a full on blood test they do or just a finger prick? Just so I can mentally prepare myself if it's two proper blood tests in one day 😪
Full on I'm afraid. They ended up doing one of mine out of my hand as my arm veins are v uncooperative

Reactions: 1
When we had our scan with WTTW on Saturday I didn’t really notice but after looking at our pictures the baby is measuring at 9.6cm. Wtf, is that really tiny for 16+4?!
That may not be the baby's measurement 😊
My 12 week scan this time has similar numbers but says 6.2cm

Reactions: 2
I was hoping they’ll fit a tap so they can do two in one, but NHS website just says it’s one blood withdrawal then another after the liquid. I will inform you of what mine was like tomorrow!

• Heart
I was hoping they’ll fit a tap so they can do two in one, but NHS website just says it’s one blood withdrawal then another after the liquid. I will inform you of what mine was like tomorrow!
It has just been a blood test in 1 arm/hand and then another in the other arm/hand after the drink and waiting 😊 I've had 3 GTtests 😊

Thank you all so much for your understanding and kind words. It has really helped a hormonal lady feel better. You are such an amazing bunch here 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had a Finger prick, a blood test then went back 2 hours later for another blood test.

I h
I had a Finger prick, a blood test then went back 2 hours later for another blood test.
oh why do I hate the finger prick as much as the actual blood test?

I have become far less brave as I’ve advanced through my pregnancy. My little girl has been asking if she can come to the hospital with me but I don’t want her to see what a wimp her mum is about blood tests!!! I used to be hard as nails and all I want to do now is run in the opposite direction of a phlebotomist.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I h

oh why do I hate the finger prick as much as the actual blood test?

I have become far less brave as I’ve advanced through my pregnancy. My little girl has been asking if she can come to the hospital with me but I don’t want her to see what a wimp her mum is about blood tests!!! I used to be hard as nails and all I want to do now is run in the opposite direction of a phlebotomist.
I honestly don’t know….I didn’t ask… was too busy getting clammy hands ready for the blood test.
They don’t get easier, I think because some people aren’t as gentle doing them, I had one women in a&e that was so bad had a big bruise up my wrist… now Im always worried it will be like that again! I wanna hug the person doing them when it’s a nice smooth one!

• Heart
Does anyone else keep seeing those articles come up on Facebook like ‘why I regret becoming a mum, it’s a scam’ 😬😬 (probably because I clicked on one before). I love children so much and I’m not a party girl/big drinker so Im not concerned about ‘mourning’ my youth or anything like that but mentally am I gonna be able to cope if it’s THAT hard that people regret becoming mothers? I’m scared I’m not going to be good enough.

Does anyone else keep seeing those articles come up on Facebook like ‘why I regret becoming a mum, it’s a scam’ 😬😬 (probably because I clicked on one before). I love children so much and I’m not a party girl/big drinker so Im not concerned about ‘mourning’ my youth or anything like that but mentally am I gonna be able to cope if it’s THAT hard that people regret becoming mothers? I’m scared I’m not going to be good enough.
Ignore these articles. People over exaggerate to make a headline and get a quick payday, most are from tiktok where they live for being OTT.
It is hard I won't lie to you. But no matter how hard it feels, at the end of the day you feel like your very own superhero.
When you look back on the first few months, you feel a utter sense of pride.
It isn't a walk in the park by any means, but it's no where near as bad as these strange folk make out.
I've had some proper crap days. Yet I'd do it all again in a heartbeat 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Did anyone feel like they had a bit of a relapse with sickness in their second trimester? My first trimester I felt sick but never was sick and it didn’t stop me getting through my day. Now I’m 14 weeks I’ve been sick a small amount this morning and the past week everything is setting off my gag reflex and making me feel nauseous especially when I cough even when I’m in public places! I’m hoping it’s going to pass fairly soon!

Did anyone feel like they had a bit of a relapse with sickness in their second trimester? My first trimester I felt sick but never was sick and it didn’t stop me getting through my day. Now I’m 14 weeks I’ve been sick a small amount this morning and the past week everything is setting off my gag reflex and making me feel nauseous especially when I cough even when I’m in public places! I’m hoping it’s going to pass fairly soon!
I had something very similar to this. Smells particularly would set me off, even more so on an empty stomach. It started to improve around 18ish weeks for me and went down from 1-2 times a day to 1-2 times a week by 21/22 weeks. I'm 27 weeks today and it's been two weeks at least since it last happened. Solidarity! Hope it improves soon.

Yeah but only for a week, I had horrendous morning sickness until around week 10/11, then I think around week 14/15 I relapsed for about a week. I had covid in the middle and I’ll blame that on my projectile vomiting and not the little one 😂 sometimes in the mornings I’m still a little nauseous but I’m nearly 21 weeks now and it’s definitely improved, just very up and down!

Does anyone have any good decaf tea recommendations or herbal teas that are safe to drink?
Yorkshire tea decaf is the best for me, peppermint tea is good especially if you are suffering with any bloating or trapped wind. If you are into fizzy drinks Pepsi max caffeine free tastes exactly the same 👌

• Heart
As I'mThankyou said. It is hard.
I've never heard anyone say they regret having kids.
Those articles are stupid.

It's hard yes, but, you can have a sleepless, stressful night, and the second that baby smiles at you, or grabs your finger, or stares at you, you literally forget it in an instant.
It's so worth it.

Just the fact you're worried you won't be good enough, already tells me you'll do just fine!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.