Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m trying to come up with possibles for my maternity leave as I have a meeting with my two bosses tomorrow about when I go off and I’ve thoroughly confused myself 😐

I’ve got 14 days and some change annual leave left this year. My due date is 18/03. When I come back in 24 I’ll be due 29.6 days annual leave (leave year runs from end of May to June)

I’ve worked out I can either start my maternity leave on 27/02/2022 (21 days before due date), using annual leave to go off for my last working day on 31/01/22 and come back on 5/4/24 or I can start my maternity leave on my due date, take annual leave to finish on 14/02/22 and come back on 08/04/24. I can’t work out how there’s only 3 days difference on the return side when I’ll have 9 days annual leave left in option 1 and 13 days days annual leave left in option 2?!

eta - never mind, I can’t count. How does it work if I don’t have my baby until 2 weeks overdue? Does the maternity leave start later?Or is that a risk with starting it earlier?

Last edited:
I’m trying to come up with possibles for my maternity leave as I have a meeting with my two bosses tomorrow about when I go off and I’ve thoroughly confused myself 😐

I’ve got 14 days and some change annual leave left this year. My due date is 18/03. When I come back in 24 I’ll be due 29.6 days annual leave (leave year runs from end of May to June)

I’ve worked out I can either start my maternity leave on 27/02/2022 (21 days before due date), using annual leave to go off for my last working day on 31/01/22 and come back on 5/4/24 or I can start my maternity leave on my due date, take annual leave to finish on 14/02/22 and come back on 08/04/24. I can’t work out how there’s only 3 days difference on the return side when I’ll have 9 days annual leave left in option 1 and 13 days days annual leave left in option 2?!

eta - never mind, I can’t count. How does it work if I don’t have my baby until 2 weeks overdue? Does the maternity leave start later?Or is that a risk with starting it earlier?
I don't know if it's actually the case, but I was told (although it was 10 years ago)
That my annual leave had to finish before the date my baby is born as by law you have to start maternity leave when they are born.
Not sure how correct that is though

Reactions: 1
Piggybacking off the maternity leave talk...Anyone work in a school/council nursery know how maternity works? I know for teachers, they can add all the school holidays they miss onto the end, but I was told it doesn't work like that for nursery practitioners. I normally get the school holidays so I'll be missing 9/10 weeks holiday, can I not have that added on at the end 🤔. Business manager is useless so I will phone HR and clarify but just wondered if anyone here had insight.

My friend is a teacher and never got the holidays back. They can't accrue annual leave like others. She is doing shared parental leave though and coming back to 'work' for some of the holidays so she gets some pay before her maternity leave actually ends.

If you start maternity on your due date and baby comes late then your maternity leave doesn't change. Its just if baby comes before the start of mat leave that it has to adjust. I'd say the first option, you'll want time to relax and prepare before baby. I ended up bringing mine forward so I finished at 36wks because I was so fed up.. baby came at 38wks so it's a good job I did 😂

I’m 30 weeks and my ribs feel achy over the last couple of days. Has anyone else experienced this? Might be a silly question
Me!!! Apparently it’s ‘one of those things’ and it’s your rib cage and muscles explaining because of baba

If you start maternity on your due date and baby comes late then your maternity leave doesn't change. Its just if baby comes before the start of mat leave that it has to adjust. I'd say the first option, you'll want time to relax and prepare before baby. I ended up bringing mine forward so I finished at 36wks because I was so fed up.. baby came at 38wks so it's a good job I did 😂
Definitely would prefer the first option but I can’t work out why there’s such a difference in the start dates when the return date is within 3 days of the other.
My job is really physically demanding so going on as far as I can is not at all appealing!

On the other hand, I started mat leave at almost 37 weeks (don’t know how I would have physically gone on any longer) but she didn’t come until 41+3!! So I had 5 long weeks at home beforehand, the longest 5 weeks of my life 😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 3
Piggybacking off the maternity leave talk...Anyone work in a school/council nursery know how maternity works? I know for teachers, they can add all the school holidays they miss onto the end, but I was told it doesn't work like that for nursery practitioners. I normally get the school holidays so I'll be missing 9/10 weeks holiday, can I not have that added on at the end 🤔. Business manager is useless so I will phone HR and clarify but just wondered if anyone here had insight.
Do you have how many days annual leave you get in your contract?
Are all your school holidays paid?

On the other hand, I started mat leave at almost 37 weeks (don’t know how I would have physically gone on any longer) but she didn’t come until 41+3!! So I had 5 long weeks at home beforehand, the longest 5 weeks of my life 😂😂😂😂😂
5 long weeks at home doing eff all is not unattractive to me. If I could stop tomorrow I would! I'd quite happily be a kept lady!

Reactions: 4
I’ve been off work for four weeks as the sickness and nausea is unbearable, but tried to go back today. Couldn’t cope and ended up coming home at lunch after being sick 3 times. My boss was a bit of a dick about it and basically said that everyone who’s pregnant has the same symptoms because the hormones are the same, but some people just deal with it better and obviously I’m not.
She also seemed to doubt how ill I am as she basically said it can’t be that bad because I’d be in hospital if it was.
I’ve had a rubbish few days with the anxiety after bleeding and with it taking us so long to get pregnant in the first place I am really worried all the time which also doesn’t help. I feel like she doesn’t understand because she fell pregnant easily and didn’t really suffer with her pregnancies.

just wanted a rant really!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I had annual leave left to use, so I started that on the "if you're off sick with pregnancy related illness from this day your maternity leave will start automatically" date. This means that my actual maternity leave starts when I'm 38+6 weeks, and I'm having my section the following day.

I've added 3 weeks holiday onto the end, which is from my 2023 allowance. This means I'll go back to work the same week my son goes back to school after the Summer holidays.

I need her not to make an early appearance because I've spent hours working it all out to get the best out of my leave 😂

I’ve been off work for four weeks as the sickness and nausea is unbearable, but tried to go back today. Couldn’t cope and ended up coming home at lunch after being sick 3 times. My boss was a bit of a dick about it and basically said that everyone who’s pregnant has the same symptoms because the hormones are the same, but some people just deal with it better and obviously I’m not.
She also seemed to doubt how ill I am as she basically said it can’t be that bad because I’d be in hospital if it was.
I’ve had a rubbish few days with the anxiety after bleeding and with it taking us so long to get pregnant in the first place I am really worried all the time which also doesn’t help. I feel like she doesn’t understand because she fell pregnant easily and didn’t really suffer with her pregnancies.

just wanted a rant really!
Your boss is a twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'd sell my soul for 5 weeks with nothing to do 😂😖

Has anyone not planned/not gone back to their job?
I don’t earn alot so it’s not worth me going back. Do you turn get statutory maternity pay?

I'd sell my soul for 5 weeks with nothing to do 😂😖
Oh I would now but when you’re overdue and can’t move cos you’re as big as a whale, and you’re getting 100 texts a day saying have you had that baby yet? it isn’t much fun 😂😂
I’d love it now though

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Has anyone not planned/not gone back to their job?
I don’t earn alot so it’s not worth me going back. Do you turn get statutory maternity pay?
I didn't go back 😊
Handed in my notice 2 weeks before my maternity leave ended 😂

As long as they don't pay you any bonuses/extra pay, you won't have to pay anything back

Do you not have to pay back money to workplace if you don’t go back? Or does it vary company to company?
As long as they don't pay you any extra than basic maternity rate, you don't have to pay back anything, no matter where you are😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.