Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All this talks about jabs, my GP keeps sending me texts telling me to have my flu and whooping cough, but I thought it had to be after 16 weeks. Is this correct or have I made it up? I'm 13 weeks today x
With flu I think you can have it whenever. Whooping cough it seems to vary- my midwife told me I could have it after 16 weeks but when I rang my GP they said I can’t have it until I’m at least 20 weeks and had my scan 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
my husband met his dad yesterday for lunch, and FIL asked him if he could be the first one to see the baby after me (even before my husband). he was not joking at all and it sent my husband into the biggest rage bc what the duck is wrong with all our family members!!! husband cussed him out and told him he's literally last on the family list and if anyone were to see his son first it would be him and not anyone else. FIL was so offended and couldn't believe my husband said no. he then proceeded to tell my husband "i hope you know that the baby isn't just your son, he's everyone's grandchild and nephew" and my husband went "i dont give a tit what he is to you, he's my son and that's my only priority"

also got a message from my SIL asking me if i can avoid labour during her exam period, as if it's in my control in any way and as if i give a tit about her schedule.

absolutely can't stand my in laws sometimes, their audacity knows no bounds

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
All this talks about jabs, my GP keeps sending me texts telling me to have my flu and whooping cough, but I thought it had to be after 16 weeks. Is this correct or have I made it up? I'm 13 weeks today x
My midwife told me I could have flu anytime but to wait until 12 weeks, I’ve waited a bit longer by accident- just seemed to always tell myself ‘next week I’ll go’ (now 16 weeks.)
But I think she said she will do my whooping cough at my 21 week appointment

Reactions: 2
Well after a week of reprieve from throwing up because I was doing literally nothing except resting, I've thrown up three times in the street on the way to work in the last fifteen minutes. Lower back killing already. Give me strength

• Heart
Reactions: 6
my husband met his dad yesterday for lunch, and FIL asked him if he could be the first one to see the baby after me (even before my husband). he was not joking at all and it sent my husband into the biggest rage bc what the duck is wrong with all our family members!!! husband cussed him out and told him he's literally last on the family list and if anyone were to see his son first it would be him and not anyone else. FIL was so offended and couldn't believe my husband said no. he then proceeded to tell my husband "i hope you know that the baby isn't just your son, he's everyone's grandchild and nephew" and my husband went "i dont give a tit what he is to you, he's my son and that's my only priority"

also got a message from my SIL asking me if i can avoid labour during her exam period, as if it's in my control in any way and as if i give a tit about her schedule.

crappy inlaws but it's nice to see your husband calls them out on it. Mine does too and I've seen so many friends' relationships end when kids come along cos their husband won't tell their interfering mother to duck off.

Reactions: 4
Anyone going through IVF or has? I’m disliking the butt shots. I get implanted on the 11th. I voted just looking, but I’m mega pumped up on hormones and could use any and all advice and hope to join with a successful pregnancy when I get my blood test on the 21st.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thanks for the replies - booked in for a scan today and had no more bleeding. It’s just when I feel internally really (which I need to stop as woukdnt know because nothing on wiping) and pink watery mucous type (sorry tmi) so could potentially be my cervix? 🙏🏼

• Heart

When my friend had her second, her Father in Law turned up at the delivery suite with his camera to take photos because "I'm playing golf today so I won't be able to come back later." He didn't ask, just showed up, and her idiot Husband couldn't understand why she was annoyed.

She said they'd not even had chance to change her bed from birth, and she'd not had chance to shower. He then caused a scene in reception, because the staff told him there were no visitors allowed until she moved to the ward.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Hate my in laws. Hate my SIL. My husband cut ties. Loads of families are weird. Not alone mama! ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thanks for the replies - booked in for a scan today and had no more bleeding. It’s just when I feel internally really (which I need to stop as woukdnt know because nothing on wiping) and pink watery mucous type (sorry tmi) so could potentially be my cervix? 🙏🏼
Sounds like your cervix, love. Keeping everything crossed for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don’t think I’ll go back after mat leave. I don’t get paid very much and just work in a shop, won’t be able to afford childcare as it would probably be double my wages for the month. I don’t think I’d have to pay my mat pay back though? That’s a worry
This is the same as me!! Trying to figure out best option.
I find it all really hard to understand… And I can’t ask workplace really

Id said I wouldn’t get the Covid booster as the last one I had made me feel so unwell and I didn’t want that on top of being pregnant but I had it last Monday and other than being a bit more tired than usual I was completely fine. I think any risk that comes with it is just so small, so for me it felt better to just have it tbh.

Reactions: 6
Anyone going through IVF or has? I’m disliking the butt shots. I get implanted on the 11th. I voted just looking, but I’m mega pumped up on hormones and could use any and all advice and hope to join with a successful pregnancy when I get my blood test on the 21st.
3 round of ivf here! I never had to do them in the Butt only tummy but can defo sympathise as some of them are nasty esp the bigger needles and anything in oil… ouch!
Everything crossed for you… keep busy and distracted in the tww. I was told gentle walks are good to get blood flowing to uterus. But listen to body and rest when needed! Have some
Funny Tv programmes lined up!! I found the tww the hardest part!
Really hope we will be hearing great news from you soon!!!

Can I just have one night where I sleep right through or at least can turn over and get back to sleep?! I'm sick of ending up downstairs on the sofa now 😭 I might as well start off down here and save myself the aggro of carrying my pillow and duvet back and forth.
Not long to go now lovely Punkie 💙💙

• Heart

you what????????? glad your husband told him where to go. Your SIL sounds bonkers I can't imagine thinking that's a normal thing to ask someone who's pregnant!

I haven't seen or spoke to my brother in over 5 years, he got back in touch recently and every time he mentioned 'my nephew ' it really put my teeth on edge, like you are basically a stranger to me at this point and this is not about you!

Reactions: 7

Wow! That is shocking!
What was your FIL reason to see your baby before him?!

This is the same as me!! Trying to figure out best option.
I find it all really hard to understand… And I can’t ask workplace really
If you’re worried about asking your workplace directly you can ask for your contract and for their maternity policy. It’ll say in there if you need to pay any of it back (you wouldn’t have to pay back statutory but if your workplace add on any additional you may need to got back to work for a certain amount of time without paying back)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.