Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a maternal medicine appointment today and I have no idea what it entails and I'm a bit nervous

I feel like 90% of the movement I feel atm is the baby kicking a nerve - gives me that horrible fuzzy sensation you get when you hit your funny bone, except either in my bum or in my vagina 😐 pregnancy, so glamorous.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve booked an early gender scan for Saturday 😁😁 hope little one cooperates and we can finally see if we’re having a baby boy or girl. I don’t mind either way but I’m struggling to picture my future with baby without knowing what they’re going to be. Does that make sense to anyone?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello everyone first time posting here!

I'm in very early stages and have just found out I'm pregnant 🥰 I've booked my first appointment with the midwife for next week but it's a phonecall. Is this normal? I thought they would want to do blood tests and stuff. Has anyone else had this for their first appointment?

As you can see I have so much to learn!

Also sorry for tmi but I'm constipated af lol. If anyone has any tips please share 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I'm in very early stages and have just found out I'm pregnant 🥰 I've booked my first appointment with the midwife for next week but it's a phonecall. Is this normal? I thought they would want to do blood tests and stuff. Has anyone else had this for their first appointment?

Also sorry for tmi but I'm constipated af lol. If anyone has any tips please share 🤣
I had a phone call as well to start with then booking appointment a few weeks later, I can’t remember what she said to me now 🤣 but it was just a quick call for some details about me I think then they took bloods etc at booking appointment x

• Heart
Reactions: 2

My first was in person, blood tests, blood pressure etc. How far along are you ?

My first appointment/booking appointment was done over the phone and took nearly an hour I think
Then had another appointment a couple of weeks after where they did bloods
Seems to be different for all areas

Though here for every appointment since the first bloods they try to get me to do a phone appointment. 🙃 I’ll just keep refusing lol

• Heart
Well last night I had to go in to be monitored because he hadn’t moved in hours despite the usual drink something fizzy, something cold, lay on your side ect! At this point I told myself the worse because he has never gone that long without moving and low and behold as soon as they put me on the monitor he was doing flips and moving so much she had to hold the monitor on him because he kept kicking it off and moving away 😂 bet they thought I was a right liar thanks bub 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Well my second gorgeous son arrived on Monday night, 10 days overdue but came so fast I had to push him out with nothing but gas and air and he weighs a very healthy 9lb 3oz 🥲 craziest experience of my life but we’re home now and just getting settled as a family of four 💙

Hope everyone else approaching due dates or over are doing okay! Crazy to think I joined this thread in February and I’ve only just had my baby 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Well last night I had to go in to be monitored because he hadn’t moved in hours despite the usual drink something fizzy, something cold, lay on your side ect! At this point I told myself the worse because he has never gone that long without moving and low and behold as soon as they put me on the monitor he was doing flips and moving so much she had to hold the monitor on him because he kept kicking it off and moving away 😂 bet they thought I was a right liar thanks bub 😂
Just had the same thing 😂 no movements for hours so went in thinking the worst. As soon as I sit down bubba obviously starts beating me up 😅 it’s like the opposite of white coat syndrome 😜

Well my second gorgeous son arrived on Monday night, 10 days overdue but came so fast I had to push him out with nothing but gas and air and he weighs a very healthy 9lb 3oz 🥲 craziest experience of my life but we’re home now and just getting settled as a family of four 💙

Hope everyone else approaching due dates or over are doing okay! Crazy to think I joined this thread in February and I’ve only just had my baby 🥲
Congratulations!!! Oooppphhffff you are a warrior for that, Chatty!! Well done you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Just had the same thing 😂 no movements for hours so went in thinking the worst. As soon as I sit down bubba obviously starts beating me up 😅 it’s like the opposite of white coat syndrome 😜
How awful is it when they don’t move and you’re just convincing yourself somethings wrong 😫 I feel like such a time waster when he starts bouncing around all over the place 🤣

• Heart

I found out 2 weeks ago, called the doctors and was told to go online and register on a website and someone would be in touch. I’ve since had a text message (!!!!) to say I’ve got an appointment with the midwife in a couple of weeks, when I’ll be 8 weeks.

I was expecting to be at least called in for a blood test to check I’m definitely pregnant.. anxiety brain talking what if I turn up to the midwife and there’s nothing in there 🤣

Bit disappointed so far really, no support or guidance in terms of what to do in case something goes wrong.

Also my first post here after lurking the last few weeks, it hasn’t hit me yet and I’m very anxious being so early, but hi everyone 👋

• Heart
Reactions: 7
First time posting I'm 24 weeks tomorrow
At my 20 week scan they said baby was on 10th centile but femur just below 5th centile I've been worried sick for the last 4 weeks after googling it not being seen by consultant until 32 weeks for scan has anyone else experienced this x
I had the same in my first pregnancy with my sons femur measuring at 5th centile on two growth scans. I like you googled and made myself worried sick about it. Ended up having a chat with the consultant who was so reassuring and told me not to worry about the measurement at all although I still did. It put such a dark cloud over the end of my pregnancy and as soon as he was born I wanted to check his legs 🤦🏻‍♀️ He was absolutely fine by the way - his legs were completely normal proportion and he’s now a healthy average height almost 3 year old. I declined growth scans this pregnancy because of the worry they caused.

I found out 2 weeks ago, called the doctors and was told to go online and register on a website and someone would be in touch. I’ve since had a text message (!!!!) to say I’ve got an appointment with the midwife in a couple of weeks, when I’ll be 8 weeks.

I was expecting to be at least called in for a blood test to check I’m definitely pregnant.. anxiety brain talking what if I turn up to the midwife and there’s nothing in there 🤣

Bit disappointed so far really, no support or guidance in terms of what to do in case something goes wrong.

Also my first post here after lurking the last few weeks, it hasn’t hit me yet and I’m very anxious being so early, but hi everyone 👋
Congratulations to you and welcome to feeling around in the dark… or rather navigating maternity care 🥰

• Heart

Congrats! I had actual contact with a midwife until I was 10 weeks during my first appointment. I got emailed a standard letter that had info on it about vitamins and phone numbers etc. With my hospital there was an email address to contact but tbh until I saw the midwife in person I felt pretty out on my own.

• Heart

Yeh it feels very much like you're just left in limbo once you find out! I found out at 4 weeks and my booking wasn't until 10 and was just left to get on with things it was quite strange. Very normal though.

Maternal medicine appointment was a bit of a waste of time. Was told of all the risks of my pregnancy (EDS) which freaked me out and just told not a lot we can do, just look out for the signs and to "look after myself" and self refer to physio if I want. Gee thanks.

• Heart

Congratulations! I too found it surprising that the GP didn't want to confirm the pregnancy - I wanted the reassurance that I hadn't accidentally got it wrong! You won't get it confirmed at the booking appointment either unfortunately, the first time they check is at the 12 week ultrasound! Modern tests are so reliable that they don't need to confirm it for us, but it's still an odd feeling!

Did the online referral page have information about how much folic acid to take and a contact number for the maternity team? I found the lack of advice quite disconcerting too so I read all the pregnancy pages on the NHS website to check what I should/shouldn't do, and I also contacted my GP to make sure it was ok for me to continue on all my medication/vitamins.

If anything were to concern you before your booking appointment and you can't find a contact number for your local team, you can always ring 111 for advice - you'll never be alone with no support 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.