Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Peachy9

VIP Member
So I think the general consensus is:

1. No one, literally NO ONE is surprised he's gay.
2. The way he chose to come out was unnecessarily dramatic as fuck.
3. Yes, the timing is suspicious..
4. In no way does this change the fact he's an enormous prick.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 146

Peachy9

VIP Member
Probably going to announce he's in a relationship with Phil Vickery soon enough...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 115

Easyas

Just watched the announcement - just ‘ok boomer’. - yea I’m sure his wife of 27 years in her 50s is ‘very proud of his bravery’ he’s just shat on the core of their family - she must be questioning herself relentlessly and never mind the future for him (I’m sure he’ll be much in demand, as a tank topped bum boy) what about the future she expected that’s been whipped away
I am that wife, not 27 years but 14 years. It is more than absolutely devastating; your past, your memories, the promises made, the dreams, you don't know what is true. I don't know their story, perhaps his wife knew from the outset and it became a marriage of convenience, or perhaps she found out down the line like me, but what I will say, from my experience, it is not brave to hide behind and play with someone else's emotions until you are ready to confront and are comfortable with your sexuality.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 112

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
No one cares if he’s gay but I am extremely cynical about the timing of the statement .

He’s using his emotional state and sexuality to deflect from the growing realisation amongst a lot of people that he’s a snivelling , snide twat with a massive ego.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 95

ConfusedMango

Having gone through this myself I really feel for his wife. It tore my family to shreds and made me very ill. Its really triggering me keep seeing it everywhere this morning. He has publicly humiliated his wife today, boy am I glad it wasn’t put out for the world to see and comment on when it was my family. Not buying the timid soft spoken voice during his interview either. The impact it can have can be devastating, it still affects me years later, I can no longer trust. My thoughts are with his wife and girls.

• Sad
Reactions: 81

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Just my opinion.....

there are a lot of people who seem triggered by the comments on here, possibly because they’ve had difficulties coming out themselves and they’ve taken this situation and the discussion around it to heart.

I've commented on here that I think he’s done it as damage control, that doesn’t make me homophobic it makes me cynical!!
I think his wife (and probably kids when they got older) have always known.

He finished the segment with Eamon and Ruth lamenting about what a close and supportive family the “this morning team” are.......🤔🤔🤔🤔

when the narrative for WEEKS has been that Philip isn’t liked amongst the staff and crew.

this isn’t about Philip being gay, there’s far more to the story than who he might or might not want to shag 😬

The media have been quiet hard on him lately...
and just like that, he’s the golden boy again.

it worked in his favor whatever his reasons were to come out today!!

• Heart
Reactions: 81
I'm wondering why he's announced it now? 🤔
There's nothing wrong with being gay.
The cynic in me is suspicious that he's come out to deflect the negative press about him not being as nice as he portrays...
Or wondering if someone has threatened to out him.

I thought he had Fridays off this morning??

Reactions: 77

Chewingthefat

I’m finding a lot of the comments on this thread quite hard to read. Whether you like Philip or not, coming out as gay at the age of 57 IS a brave thing to do. Homophobia is sadly still rife, even in this day and age. I know, first hand, the effects of keeping a ‘secret’ like this can do to someone. It eats away, slowly chipping away at you until it takes you to the brink. But telling the truth and being who you truly are is sometimes too much for some people, largely due to the reactions of others. Some comments saying ‘oh he’ll be on dancing on ice next year’ and ‘ Philip and Rylan will be best mates etc’ WHY???? because he’s gay??? FFS this narrow minded ignorance is why people find it so hard to be honest. And has anyone thought maybe he’s difficult to work with because he’s been carrying this for years?

• Heart
Reactions: 72

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I think I read that a while ago that rylan had stepped back from TM through choice as he didn't like how things were run and people were treated. I am pretty sure the article suggested he was alluding to smarmy Pip even then!
Rylan has gone on to bigger and better things at least, which he deserves. Radio 2 Show, hosting other shows on his own. A very likeable chap, very humble and grateful for his jobs, good sense of humour, quite self-deprecating and a hard worker to transform from hysterical joke act to one of the best presenters on British TV these days. Good for Rylan.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
I don’t think he was outed. I think it’s a carefully orchestrated PR exercise.
Steph will have known for sometime and there will have been an agreement. (Head from someone who knows the family this is true)
Select team members will have known and he will have been out to them.
It’ll have been an open secret.

the coming out today when it’s eamon and Ruth’s day, the timing with the stories of him being a dick.
It’s all calculated and forced. He’s been saving his trump card for when he needed it.
I watched the interview. It’s like he’d been coached on the full thing, how to sit, what to say.

He’s came out because it is beneficial to him. He would of stayed in his marriage if it benefitted him.
It’s all so calculated.
Live your life. Love who you want. Just don’t be a dick.
Which he’s not managed to do...

• Heart
Reactions: 68

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Pip is a nasty control freak. I know someone who used to be a runner in the show and she said he was a mysogynist who controlled everything. He handpicked holly to make himself look good and he has the final say on those who do segments. He makes my skin crawl.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 63

Brightstar72

VIP Member
The timing of this announcement is interesting to say the least, considering the rumours of friction between PS and Ruth/Eamonn. He’ll be untouchable now

Reactions: 63

lhs

God, I hope none of you ever have to go through coming out. The comments here are absolutely awful. It must have been heartbreaking to realise that you're living a life you're not meant to. Also, love is more than about who you're currently kissing so I do not think that his wife has been living a "wasted life" you all need to realise what it's like for homosexual people to admit their truths. No wonder so many people stay in the closet when comments like these ones are being made.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Web30

VIP Member
Eamonn 🤦‍♀️

Showing their support to the ITV star, Eamonn said: 'Nobody should be embarrassed about their sexuality.'

To which Phillip awkwardly responded: 'I'm not,' with Eamonn adding: 'It's fantastic you have spoken. We are all here by your side. We will be the first to stand beside you. It's brilliant, mate, as long as Steph and the girls are happy.'

Eamonn went on to joke that he was told the television star would be making an announcement and he thought he would be resigning so he could get his job.

He quipped: 'I am disappointed in a couple of ways, first of all, I thought "big announcement from Phillip" I thought you were going to come in and announce you had resigned and I would take you job, so that wasn't to be.

He added: 'The second is there's this great imponderable in life, which has always irritated me, I thought, "How come he can sit in a hot tub with Holly Willoughbooby and Steph doesn't have a problem and Dan [Holly's husband] doesn't have a problem."

'I thought, she [pointing to wife Ruth] would have a problem, I thought "no, no".

Phil was quick to change the subject, as he added: 'This [Holly] is the sister I never had,' with Holly adding: 'We are very lucky, very blessed.'
I love Eamonns lack of tact sometimes. He can come across as rude but often he's very straight with what he's saying

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

NoodlesToodles

VIP Member
I'm all for being true to yourself but when its banded about in relation to someone who has led his wife along for 27 years I cant get with that. I dont believe for a minute hes nust recently had some sexual awakening. It's the same with all the married men who come out though, they get applauded and showered with praise but the poor spouse is left as just that... the poor wife. I'm willing to bet he was going to be outed and along with other factors has forced his hand. I'd hazard a guess hes not just spent his whole married life just 'looking' at other men 🙄 I've never really had an opinion on him tbh and could not care less about his sexuality but this sort of coming out spectacle of married men seems to be coming more common and it really grinds my gears how they get treated for essentially being pathological liars.

• Angry
Reactions: 52

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
I know this opinion won't be popular but I've felt for ages that ITVs daytime schedule needs a good overhaul, Lorraine then This morning then Loose women it's like one big clique, no diversity no choice for the viewer it just never ends month after month why can't they change it up totally, the BBC have Victoria Derbyshire and around that on both sides a nice turn over of different programmes through out the daytime schedule , I find ITV so tacky there I said it don't kill me 🙊

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Badgersarse

First post here ... my partner revels in a story whereby in a theatre in mid-80’s he witnessed Mr Schofield in a full-on snog with a young man, only to be threatened by his heavies never to breathe a word. Except to me and anyone else who’d listen of course 👍

• Wow
  • Haha

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Worst kept secret in showbiz. Another man who used a woman to get what he wanted from her. Poor Steph. His statement us very odd, reads like a victim impact statement.

• Sad
  • Angry