Phillip Schofield

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched the announcement - just ‘ok boomer’. - yea I’m sure his wife of 27 years in her 50s is ‘very proud of his bravery’ he’s just shat on the core of their family - she must be questioning herself relentlessly and never mind the future for him (I’m sure he’ll be much in demand, as a tank topped bum boy) what about the future she expected that’s been whipped away
I am that wife, not 27 years but 14 years. It is more than absolutely devastating; your past, your memories, the promises made, the dreams, you don't know what is true. I don't know their story, perhaps his wife knew from the outset and it became a marriage of convenience, or perhaps she found out down the line like me, but what I will say, from my experience, it is not brave to hide behind and play with someone else's emotions until you are ready to confront and are comfortable with your sexuality.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 112
I literally have no issues that he is gay but why did it turn into such a pity party on TM and his statement seemed like he was playing the victim.
come out by all means but move on, but no it's going to be dragged on for weeks with stories etc
His face was pathetic...get over yourself your gay not dying.

Reactions: 43
What I don't get about this is why announce it especially on TV , why not just get on with being gay quietly ..nobody cares 🤷
And why on a Friday when him and Holly don't even work on Fridays? It's obvious he had been informed a story was going to be 'coming out' in the press.

Reactions: 28
1, I couldn’t care less that he is gay,
2, obviously for some its a hard thing to deal with but a lot of people carry things inside but they are not pricks with it to colleagues etc

i don’t want to sound mean but why the big performance about coming out, it’s nobody’s business but his and his family
neither mark foster nor Luke Evans seemed to have the need to do this
Omg mark foster as in the swimmer?? How did I not know this

And I agree when you say you don't care.. how does. No one is bothered if he's gay or not I don't understand why they have to tel everyone with a massive statement it doesn't effect any of us. I can't believe it was on BBC news at lunch time who cares!!! The world's gone mad

Reactions: 9
Im so bored of it all already. I would not be surprised if it is front page news on the newspapers tomorrow.
It will be. He'll be bringing out his biography next. By next year he will be engaged.

1, I couldn’t care less that he is gay,
2, obviously for some its a hard thing to deal with but a lot of people carry things inside but they are not pricks with it to colleagues etc

i don’t want to sound mean but why the big performance about coming out, it’s nobody’s business but his and his family
neither mark foster nor Luke Evans seemed to have the need to do this
Luke Evans as in gaston?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I watched the interview. I think him being closeted caused him a lot of issues and perhaps he took it out on others. Good for him coming out. He said there were no secrets with his wife. I think she has probably known for a very long time, as well as some coworkers. I bet he feels a huge relief.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
And why on a Friday when him and Holly don't even work on Fridays? It's obvious he had been informed a story was going to be 'coming out' in the press.
I think he announced it on a Friday so he then has a few days off with the story out before going back to work. If he announced it on Tuesday and then went on to start interviewing random people all morning on TV it would probably be a bit weird for him.

Reactions: 11
I wasn’t referring to anyone in particular. More to the general population.
And I do believe in certain parts of the uk it is unfortunately still rife. Metropolitan cities fine. Smaller counties and countries not so much. I know people who have had to leave their small towns as they weren’t accepted at all.
Its not everyone’s experience but it is for some. I think Phil would have had a better experience being a rich,white, london, male in the media. But someone in a religious community in the highlands might not be. In some parts of the uk being a single mother is still shameful.

Anyway that’s a chat for a different thing.
Phil isn’t a nice man. Being gay doesn’t change that. Now he’s just a not nice gay man.
I work with a lady who absolutely disgusts me on a daily basis with her beliefs on certain topics. As everyone in the office was chatting about Phil's news today she piped up that it had to be a hoax, hes "too nice to be gay" and when I showed her the clip from this morning confirming it was indeed real, she said "the worlds gone mad, everybody is gay these days". The same woman told me that having gay people on tv should be banned, and when her nephew came out as bisexual she said he was obviously bullied into being bi. So yeah plenty of small minded people out there. I told her if my son came to me in years to come (hes 3) and told me he was gay I would support him and love him and do all I could to make sure hes happy and confident in his own skin....she looked at me with utter disgust.
I find it incredibly difficult working with her

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I was going to say he had to announce it because he is very publicly married with children but I suppose they could have just said they’d separated and then he could have gone about the rest of his life discreetly being gay. That way, if he was in a relationship in a couple of years (for example) which became public knowledge he could have just said “yes it’s true I am gay it’s not a big deal.” It didn’t need to be a huge public announcement pitty party 🙄

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.