Phillip Schofield

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cant help but feel sorry for Steph his wife. 27 years of her life down the drain :(

• Sad
Reactions: 57
Worst kept secret in showbiz. Another man who used a woman to get what he wanted from her. Poor Steph. His statement us very odd, reads like a victim impact statement.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
I don’t particularly care about his sexuality and will not berate him for that at all. However the timing of him coming out is purely to deflect that he was being outed as a nasty piece of work regardless of his sexuality and is using this purely to deflect from it.
let’s be honest he could only deflect with a race card or sexuality card.
He only has access to the second deck of cards.

It seems manipulative releasing this now. Just my opinion, I can’t praise him because the timing feels off.

you’re a bully...
I LIKE MEN!!!
🙄 lads back off you’re clearly homophobic

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I would never berate someone for coming out, but I really do feel so sad for Steph.

Reactions: 30
I know it must have been very difficult for him but if I was his wife I would be devastated right now; what a waste of her time.
Exactly this!! How selfish of him to marry someone and have children knowing he was gay!

• Angry
Reactions: 31
Announce this now whilst hes in the press for being a bit of a dick - gets the sympathy - couldn't care if hes gay or not but his timing is dubious... I feel sorry for his wife.

Reactions: 22
waiting for all the adoration posts of brave etc when will LGBT be really taken as normal. I feel for his family moreso than Phil they don’t live in the spotlight and his statement will be placing them in full glare. Makes me think there is a reason for doing this now he could have announced a separation or something first thereby leaving his family some protection from this sudden shock statement. Also he has asked for kindness but not privacy for his family.

Reactions: 14
Exactly this!! How selfish of him to marry someone and have children knowing he was gay!
This must happen to lots of men! Maybe he got swept up in being famous when being were not openly gay.

Reactions: 11
eh, it was a very different time though even 25/30 years ago, hate him all you want but he clearly didn’t want to be gay, he clearly does loves his wife.
He’s a dick but we don’t know what the reaction to being gay was back then 🤷‍♀️ I’m sure he wasn’t the only one trying to suppress his sexuality

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I couldn't imagine devoting my life to someone for 27 years and then finding out that they were gay. I really feel for Steph

• Sad
Reactions: 32
I cant help but feel sorry for Steph his wife. 27 years of her life down the drain :(
She knew. There is no way he'd have been able to have that best friend relationship with Holly if she didn't know. Let's be honest no one would put up with that. I often thought about how Holy's husband put up with it ..and now we know.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
eh, it was a very different time though even 25/30 years ago, hate him all you want but he clearly didn’t want to be gay, he clearly does loves his wife.
He’s a dick but we don’t know what the reaction to being gay was back then 🤷‍♀️ I’m sure he wasn’t the only one trying to suppress his sexuality
He could have come out 10 or 15 years ago though

Reactions: 17
Whoa! I was familiar with the gay rumours going back to the 90s, but I always thought they couldn’t possibly be true.

Feel terrible for his wife and children.

Just did a bit of Googling and here’s a 27 year old interview where he denies being gay and “thinks” he’s in love with his then girlfriend Steph.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I’m not at all shocked. Even from the broom cupboard I thought he maybe gay. It’s the big drama of coming out I don’t totally understand. It doesn’t change who he is. Although I can understand it’s difficult for Steph and his girls. Other than that it’s his business. Uugghhh I’m not explaining myself well. Basically not shocked, big drama coming out.
I think the drama needed to happen though because of his wife and kids. He needs to show that he isn’t going “tadaa im gay” and then runs off with a new man.

Reactions: 9
He’s admitted he’s gay, now it’s time to admit he’s a nasty piece of work and treats people like sh1t.

Reactions: 30
It's well Known he was in a relationship with itv crew member for years. He was obviously about to be outed. I don't buy any argument that he was scared to come out. He used steph to portray the perfect family image to further his career. You don't just wake up gay. You're either gay or straight. He's known all along. Steph is collateral damage. He's selfish.

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.