Phillip Schofield

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The person I know who works on TM who told me he was gay a couple of years ago also said Rylan and a number of other guests/presenters will only do Friday or holidays to avoid Phil. It’s been known in “the business” for years he’s gay and he’s had relationships.
Perfectly timed announcement to deflect from the fact he’s not a nice person.

Reactions: 33
So I think the general consensus is:

1. No one, literally NO ONE is surprised he's gay.
2. The way he chose to come out was unnecessarily dramatic as duck.
3. Yes, the timing is suspicious..
4. In no way does this change the fact he's an enormous prick.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 146

I think that's about the measure of it 😂

I literally just choked on my bleeping drink at point 4.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Perfectly summed up! 👍🏻

Reactions: 11
His demeanour throughout that interview was a pity party for one, with such a dramatic edge that I think even he believed his own performance for a moment.

People aren’t stupid and body language speaks volumes. He’s allegedly not a popular man among his colleagues and there must be a reason for that. Just because WillowBarbie is his ‘bestie’, doesn’t mean a thing. Not many people are overly fond of her either.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall/drone in the hall in the Holmes/Langsford household tonight, for sure.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I can’t stand Phillip or any of the main presents on This Morning as they are so smug and full of it. Can’t bear to watch any of them. Definitely think there is a reason he is coming out now. Not suprised he’s gay at all. I hope his wife has known for a long time

Reactions: 12
I’m finding a lot of the comments on this thread quite hard to read. Whether you like Philip or not, coming out as gay at the age of 57 IS a brave thing to do. Homophobia is sadly still rife, even in this day and age. I know, first hand, the effects of keeping a ‘secret’ like this can do to someone. It eats away, slowly chipping away at you until it takes you to the brink. But telling the truth and being who you truly are is sometimes too much for some people, largely due to the reactions of others. Some comments saying ‘oh he’ll be on dancing on ice next year’ and ‘ Philip and Rylan will be best mates etc’ WHY???? because he’s gay??? FFS this narrow minded ignorance is why people find it so hard to be honest. And has anyone thought maybe he’s difficult to work with because he’s been carrying this for years?
Yes!!!!

And all the "Well, my friend's uncle's cousin's best friend used to work on *whichever tv show* and they said that he was shagging..."
Whatever. Unless you saw it with your own eyes, it's as good as crap. 🙄

Reactions: 18
I’m finding a lot of the comments on this thread quite hard to read. Whether you like Philip or not, coming out as gay at the age of 57 IS a brave thing to do. Homophobia is sadly still rife, even in this day and age. I know, first hand, the effects of keeping a ‘secret’ like this can do to someone. It eats away, slowly chipping away at you until it takes you to the brink. But telling the truth and being who you truly are is sometimes too much for some people, largely due to the reactions of others. Some comments saying ‘oh he’ll be on dancing on ice next year’ and ‘ Philip and Rylan will be best mates etc’ WHY???? because he’s gay??? FFS this narrow minded ignorance is why people find it so hard to be honest. And has anyone thought maybe he’s difficult to work with because he’s been carrying this for years?
1, I couldn’t care less that he is gay,
2, obviously for some its a hard thing to deal with but a lot of people carry things inside but they are not pricks with it to colleagues etc

i don’t want to sound mean but why the big performance about coming out, it’s nobody’s business but his and his family
neither mark foster nor Luke Evans seemed to have the need to do this

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What I don't get about this is why announce it especially on TV , why not just get on with being gay quietly ..nobody cares 🤷

Reactions: 15
hun its not being gay its fab being gay man or woman as long as you come out as soon as you know you are, who else waits for years with 2 grown up children ?he says its caused pain -hes either been told to come out by a ex lover or the beans will be spilt or he wants something to cover up the feud with ruth..cant see why he would want to come out as he seems pretty comfortable in his boots
My fella said the same when he heard this morning
i agree with you both
none of us have been a fly on the wall in his house

What I REALLY want to know is....will him and Holly be paid for appearing on the show today I mean they don't work Fridays, :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I literally have no issues that he is gay but why did it turn into such a pity party on TM and his statement seemed like he was playing the victim.
come out by all means but move on, but no it's going to be dragged on for weeks with stories etc

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.