Phillip Schofield

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The rumours of their being more to his friendship with Holly must have totally suited him too.... sad life to lead all the same pretending to be someone you are not.

Had to have been an open secret to his friends and family including his wife, was only the General public didn’t know?

Also he is in an industry where there is much more acceptance and has been for years so why now?
I bet ant and dec and all that little gang would have known

To be fair, 10 - 15 years ago would have been catastrophic for his girls during their teenage years! I’d like to think he waited til they were grown adults so that they could process it better/more easily
I'd like to agree with you but Philip has done whats best for Philip

Reactions: 11
Just read this in a Metro article about it..

Phil previously said of his kids: ‘I’m very proud of the fact that my daughters keep me very current. Both of them have great taste in music and play stuff that I maybe haven’t heard before. ‘I was driving Ruby back to uni [university] and she said, “You’ve got to listen to this”. Ruby and her mates discovered it just before it broke – Megan Trainor’s ‘All About That Bass’. ‘As we listened to it … I can remember I said, “oh my God, this is incredible”. And I thank Ruby for introducing me to that, way before anybody else!’

.. How did we not know haha :oops: 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Surprised he didn’t say he was bisexual, otherwise how to explain his long marriage. Kinder to his wife also. Then later on he could say he was gay.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I cant stand that people are praising him for being brave for using his fireguard that's been kept for an emergency. It doesn't help anyone but himself.
Amen!!
he’s so brave... no he’s so scared his damaged reputation might not recover. 🙄

To be fair, 10 - 15 years ago would have been catastrophic for his girls during their teenage years! I’d like to think he waited til they were grown adults so that they could process it better/more easily
you’re very kind, I personally think he wouldn’t have said nothing to anyone until he needed to deflect. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
Something has triggered this... he was either about to be “outed” in the press, or it’s a MASSIVE PR attempt to change his current position in the press.... watching him now on plus 1 talk to Holly.... makes no sense to suddenly come now out of the blue....
Call me cynical but something has triggered him to do this now....

Reactions: 47
Good on him, it can’t be easy to come out after so long. What I’m confused is, how does he know he is gay? He’s been with a woman for 30 years, did he have a fling before that and hid it? Or has he had an affair recently which has confirmed his feelings? I just don’t believe that you can have feelings for the opposite sex if you’ve never been there before and tried it

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Maybe his wife has known and been happy with her life? She has 2 beautiful children, holidays, a lovely home and a companion who she is obviously fond of and vice versa. Maybe that’s been enough for her? I do think the timing is very suspicious and certainly a damage limitation exercise but I don’t think we can say how Steph feels until she’s told her side of the story.

Reactions: 28
Piers Morgan I believe has been chomping at the bit to out him. Now this changes the game ........

Reactions: 24
I always though schofe was gay.
When he lost all his weight a few years back he changed and seemed more feminine to me!
Must of been when he started accepting it cos he said a few years his been struggling.

Reactions: 7
Probably going to announce he's in a relationship with Phil Vickery soon enough...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 115
Amen!!
he’s so brave... no he’s so scared his damaged reputation might not recover. 🙄

you’re very kind, I personally think he wouldn’t have said nothing to anyone until he needed to deflect. 🤷‍♀️
It’s the most interesting thing about him.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I firmly believe he was about to be outed. My sympathies lie with Stephanie. I think the timing of the statement was very telling. He had to get in there first and repair his reputation.
I think anyone who comes out is immensely brave. However I am not sympathetic where Pip is concerned. He’s earned so much money over the year with his family man image. This statement has made him untouchable now.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Perhaps slim but there is a chance his wife is living her best life. Healthy children, unlikely to have financial worries, married to her best friend, can have discreet affairs/hookups whenever she wants...

For some it will be untenable of course, but for others the trade-off would be worth it. We’ll never know. And sexuality is fluid, I’ve no doubt they love each other. And I’m sure it would have been clear that at some point he would need to play this trump card.

It all comes down to how open and honest he’s been with her and how much input she’s had into the finer details of how their marriage has worked.

Reactions: 50
All my friends are praising him and I just wanna tell them not to see if for face value but know I will get lynched!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
First post here ... my partner revels in a story whereby in a theatre in mid-80’s he witnessed Mr Schofield in a full-on snog with a young man, only to be threatened by his heavies never to breathe a word. Except to me and anyone else who’d listen of course 👍

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.