Phillip Schofield

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So is the problem between pip and Ruth magically forgotten about now? Wtf!
Yes as if Ruth had anything bad to say about Phillip going forward then she could be classed as being Homophobic - mad i know but that's what'll happen.

Reactions: 18
Just came to say this. Coming out is the new 'shiny shiny' distraction tool. No one gives a duck if you've shagged a potato mate but now if anyone calls you a dick they are obviously
homophobic 🙄
I feel sorry for his wife.
Exactly this .....

Reactions: 6
All I will say is that George Micheal was gay, he hid it and did have relationships with females but he didn’t marry someone, have kids with them. He came out because yes he had to but he came out when it wasn’t cool, or accepted as it is now. Philip was more interested in his career and hiding his secret.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Yeah, and their daughters
It’s not as bad for the daughters though. They’ll have their dad regardless ... although obviously I know it breaks up their family. For his wife though she’s lost her husband and lived a lie. If that makes sense. Trying to be careful how I word as don’t want to cause any offence

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Eamonn 🤦‍♀️

Showing their support to the ITV star, Eamonn said: 'Nobody should be embarrassed about their sexuality.'

To which Phillip awkwardly responded: 'I'm not,' with Eamonn adding: 'It's fantastic you have spoken. We are all here by your side. We will be the first to stand beside you. It's brilliant, mate, as long as Steph and the girls are happy.'

Eamonn went on to joke that he was told the television star would be making an announcement and he thought he would be resigning so he could get his job.

He quipped: 'I am disappointed in a couple of ways, first of all, I thought "big announcement from Phillip" I thought you were going to come in and announce you had resigned and I would take you job, so that wasn't to be.

He added: 'The second is there's this great imponderable in life, which has always irritated me, I thought, "How come he can sit in a hot tub with Holly Willoughbooby and Steph doesn't have a problem and Dan [Holly's husband] doesn't have a problem."

'I thought, she [pointing to wife Ruth] would have a problem, I thought "no, no".

Phil was quick to change the subject, as he added: 'This [Holly] is the sister I never had,' with Holly adding: 'We are very lucky, very blessed.'

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Eamonn 🤦‍♀️

Showing their support to the ITV star, Eamonn said: 'Nobody should be embarrassed about their sexuality.'

To which Phillip awkwardly responded: 'I'm not,' with Eamonn adding: 'It's fantastic you have spoken. We are all here by your side. We will be the first to stand beside you. It's brilliant, mate, as long as Steph and the girls are happy.'

Eamonn went on to joke that he was told the television star would be making an announcement and he thought he would be resigning so he could get his job.

He quipped: 'I am disappointed in a couple of ways, first of all, I thought "big announcement from Phillip" I thought you were going to come in and announce you had resigned and I would take you job, so that wasn't to be.

He added: 'The second is there's this great imponderable in life, which has always irritated me, I thought, "How come he can sit in a hot tub with Holly Willoughbooby and Steph doesn't have a problem and Dan [Holly's husband] doesn't have a problem."

'I thought, she [pointing to wife Ruth] would have a problem, I thought "no, no".

Phil was quick to change the subject, as he added: 'This [Holly] is the sister I never had,' with Holly adding: 'We are very lucky, very blessed.'
Just saying what everyone thinks ha

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Eamonn 🤦‍♀️

I love Eamonns lack of tact sometimes. He can come across as rude but often he's very straight with what he's saying

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I hate Eamonn most of the time, but when he is being a passive aggressive witch I love him.

I'm going for £10 on twit super duo of Piers Morgan and Dan Wootton teaming up to blackmail Phillip if there was someone threatening to out him.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
So is the problem between pip and Ruth magically forgotten about now? Wtf!
Call me a cynic but it feels kind of convenient that this is when he chooses to make his announcement as talk has been heating up about him bullying people. It's the perfect distraction.

(I do feel for anyone who is genuinely conflicted by a similar issue or doesn't feel they can be open about it but I'd hate to think someone was using this sort of situation for their own gains)

Reactions: 18
Could not be arsed watching him but quick question....

where is all this nikki tutorials 2.0 blackmail bull tit coming from?
is this actually being said or is it just this thread going one step further?

Could it have been a press trade off? E.g. "ok I'll come out and give you a story about me bring gay provided you dont ever publish that I'm a bully". I know Beckham has done trade off like that with the press I read it on another thread lol.

Reactions: 14
All I will say is that George Micheal was gay, he hid it and did have relationships with females but he didn’t marry someone, have kids with them. He came out because yes he had to but he came out when it wasn’t cool, or accepted as it is now. Philip was more interested in his career and hiding his secret.
In fairness though, just because someone else has come out when they were ready, doesn’t mean other people should do it at the same time. Similarly, it also doesn’t mean they have to live the same lifestyle.

However, I am no particular fan of his, and I do think he’s done it as a damage limitation tool - even my dad, who obviously doesn’t go on Tattle (😂) has said the exact same thing!

• Haha
  • Heart
I don’t think he was outed. I think it’s a carefully orchestrated PR exercise.
Steph will have known for sometime and there will have been an agreement. (Head from someone who knows the family this is true)
Select team members will have known and he will have been out to them.
It’ll have been an open secret.

the coming out today when it’s eamon and Ruth’s day, the timing with the stories of him being a dick.
It’s all calculated and forced. He’s been saving his trump card for when he needed it.
I watched the interview. It’s like he’d been coached on the full thing, how to sit, what to say.

He’s came out because it is beneficial to him. He would of stayed in his marriage if it benefitted him.
It’s all so calculated.
Live your life. Love who you want. Just don’t be a dick.
Which he’s not managed to do...

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I think the drama needed to happen though because of his wife and kids. He needs to show that he isn’t going “tadaa im gay” and then runs off with a new man.
He has probably met someone and that is what has forced the announcement.. I would think ..or she has and wants to go public herself

Reactions: 11
What’s this? What have I missed x
Earlier in the thread a poster linked a video of PS interviewing a drag queen (child) and made some comments we beard etc. It didn’t make any sense to me and I questioned but got no further response. The beard comment does make sense now.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.