Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Perhaps slim but there is a chance his wife is living her best life. Healthy children, unlikely to have financial worries, married to her best friend, can have discreet affairs/hookups whenever she wants...

For some it will be untenable of course, but for others the trade-off would be worth it. We’ll never know. And sexuality is fluid, I’ve no doubt they love each other. And I’m sure it would have been clear that at some point he would need to play this trump card.

It all comes down to how open and honest he’s been with her and how much input she’s had into the finer details of how their marriage has worked.

Reactions: 50

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Imagine his PR advisors in the last few weeks...

“Phil, is there *anything* sympathetic we can release about you to try to turn public opinion back in your favour?”

Phil: “Oh yes there is”

• Haha
Reactions: 50

Chinwag

As predicted by anyone with half a brain cell there is apparently far more to this than meets the eye!

As if you need to come in to work on your day off to announce on live tv you are gay in 2020, after you’ve already made a long post announcing it earlier that morning.

Also having your best mate to come in too and interview you about it because they will only ask questions that you’ve told them to.

Then to randomly stop in the middle of that interview to importantly make crystal clear that nobody forced you to do this.

That’s why the paper called what he did Bizarre, the whole thing was exactly that.

One big fake show and manipulation to try and quickly control the actual narrative of what’s truly been going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
Also this, when asked about his wife Steph.

Phil: "I have no secrets, we've never had any secrets."

He goes on to say;
"She is amazing. She's incredible. I have never in my life, there is nobody in my life who would have supported me the way, as a wife, the way she has supported me. She's astonishing. "

That makes me think she knew all along and if not right from the very beginning, then very near to it. Saying you have NEVER had any secrets is a big statement to make. So prehaps it was a marriage of convenience that suited them both.
I really hope it was a marriage of convenience and that she and the kids knew from day 1 that was the arrangement, because I feel more sorry for the wives and kids in this situation - in a few months time, he'll be photographed with his boyfriend in a glamorous setting, and the headline will be along the lines of 'he is the love of my life, and everything is perfect'. Meanwhile, his ex-wife will be photographed looking scruffy and miserable struggling to push a loaded Sainsbury's trolley with litre of vodka perched on the top.
I want her to give an interview looking amazing saying yes, our loving marriage was a lie, but Philip was always open and as long as he brought home the bacon, we were great friends and I was happy to play along.

• Heart

Nellypledge

I give it 6 months and he’ll be divorced, with a young boyfriend on his arm living his best life ever and will ‘never have known happiness like it’

• Haha
  • Heart

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
He'll be walking over Westminster Bridge again on Monday - arm in arm with John Barrowman and H from Steps this time though.

• Haha
Reactions: 48

Sparkelbob

Something has triggered this... he was either about to be “outed” in the press, or it’s a MASSIVE PR attempt to change his current position in the press.... watching him now on plus 1 talk to Holly.... makes no sense to suddenly come now out of the blue....
Call me cynical but something has triggered him to do this now....

Reactions: 47

bumble23

We don’t know that his wife hasn’t known about it for years and was quite comfortable with their situation though. He may have been upfront with her years ago for all we know, he hasn’t given a timeframe (and nor should he have to) of when he came out to his family - I have every sympathy for her if she was blindsided by it but we don’t know she was so to say she has ‘wasted’ 27 years (as one poster has suggested) is unfair on them all imo...plus 2 daughters have come out of it and for that alone I am sure she doesn’t class it as a ‘waste’!

As for the timing, it could be as simple as he has been struggling mentally with not being openly ‘out’ and has been taking it out on people (no excuse but he’s only human) and their complaints have made him realise he needed to let it all out...it’s not so hard to believe

• Heart
Reactions: 46

flamflim

I'm hoping Ant Mcpartlin's wife holds out for her day in court in the divorce. She doesn't want to sign an NDA and good for her. She'll be minted either way but I bet she knows ALL THE GOSSIP about the ITV elite. All those post TV BAFTA parties at her and Ant's Chiswick pad....

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I rarely see TM but do find it funny when there is a cooking segment with Phil Vickery. Quite often Philip and Holly are larking about giggling especially if someone says 'sausage' and if they cut to Phil Vickery he is incredibly stoney faced. I'd love to know what he thinks of Philip.
I don't Philip is that nice tbh - I imagine he is ruthless.

• Haha

Jamhead

VIP Member
Ive just listened to a full interview. And this jumped out at me.

Holly: "It's really important to stress that you haven't had your hand forced here."

Why? Why is it really important to stress that? I think those saying his hand was forced were right on the money.

Reactions: 45

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I don’t particularly care about his sexuality and will not berate him for that at all. However the timing of him coming out is purely to deflect that he was being outed as a nasty piece of work regardless of his sexuality and is using this purely to deflect from it.
let’s be honest he could only deflect with a race card or sexuality card.
He only has access to the second deck of cards.

It seems manipulative releasing this now. Just my opinion, I can’t praise him because the timing feels off.

you’re a bully...
I LIKE MEN!!!
🙄 lads back off you’re clearly homophobic

• Heart
Reactions: 45

MooMooG

I know someone who works on TM. She said he’s awful and definitely gay, his marriage is just for show. Also told me Holly very fond of the white stuff, and when she’s “drunk” she’s actually high.

• Wow
Reactions: 44

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
I don’t particularly care about his sexuality and will not berate him for that at all. However the timing of him coming out is purely to deflect that he was being outed as a nasty piece of work regardless of his sexuality and is using this purely to deflect from it.

Dizzy

VIP Member
Can't say I'm hugely surprised, I'm guessing it's been an open secret within his circle for a long time. I think it is a brave thing to do but I do also feel sorry for his wife. I'm damn sure she knew this was coming and from the statement it looks like it's been discussed and worked through for quite some time however it will still be really tough for her to deal with. I would like to think she was in agreement with the statement being released. I have a relative left his wife after 20 years of marriage and 2 kids because he finally came out and it was a dreadful time for both of them made so much worse because it become very acrimonious.

I don't agree at all with his wife having "wasted" 27 years. For a start they have 2 kids - how is that a waste? Secondly she may well have known for many years that he is gay and they've had arrangement where he has a boyfriend/partner and she has her fun too. We just don't know do we. And yes I know some people might find that distasteful but if it works for them then who are we to judge?

Also, regardless of how things are now, it WAS very different to come out as gay 27 years ago and clearly for whatever reason it wasn't the right time for him then. I'm certainly no fan but recently he's become quite the bitch and I'd like to think that this is as a result of him being in emotional turmoil (he does seem to have lost a shit load of weight too). If this is damage control then it horribly undermines other people in the same situation.

One thing that has made me want to barf is the interview, all sitting around him, hugging and crying, acting like he's the fucking Messiah. I mean come on, no-ones died.

Wow! For someone who doesn't really have an opinion on him, I certainly seem to have a lot to say!

• Haha
  • Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
I literally have no issues that he is gay but why did it turn into such a pity party on TM and his statement seemed like he was playing the victim.
come out by all means but move on, but no it's going to be dragged on for weeks with stories etc
His face was pathetic...get over yourself your gay not dying.

Reactions: 43

Jamhead

VIP Member
Also this, when asked about his wife Steph.

Phil: "I have no secrets, we've never had any secrets."

He goes on to say;
"She is amazing. She's incredible. I have never in my life, there is nobody in my life who would have supported me the way, as a wife, the way she has supported me. She's astonishing. "

That makes me think she knew all along and if not right from the very beginning, then very near to it. Saying you have NEVER had any secrets is a big statement to make. So prehaps it was a marriage of convenience that suited them both.

Reactions: 43