Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Doc

VIP Member
Losing the plot here 😂 to recap:-

- Philip Scofield has known Matthew McGreevy since at least 2014 when Philip Scofield was 52 and Matthew McGreevy 18 trying to get a big break
- Matthew McGreevy’s career seems to revolve around Philip Scofield shows
- PS openly gay to ITV staff
- SOMETHING happens
- Ruth puts in an official complaint against Philip Scofield
- Amanda Holden drops big hints
- Matthew McGreevy goes to work for Loose Women
-Piers Morgan drops big hints
- Philip Scofield does big TA-DA moment with a simpering sycophantic Holly
- Philip Scofield does interview with The Sun

Is that right or have I missed stuff? 🧐

Mod edit, changed acronyms to full names

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 113

Edusense

Just joined and have a different view to many others.

Firstly, there is no proof as yet that anything untoward took place.

I agree that the stuff with MM is very strange with all the online stuff disappearing.

If their is a story and it is all proved that he was a mentor to the lad from the age of 10, and at some point a relationship started with a child, well he should then not only lose his job but be subject to a prison sentence.

I am not saying an old man playing around with 16 year olds is right, but it is not illegal even if it is in my opinion still wrong.

My biggest gripe is why a lot of gay men who achieve celebrity status are total dicks, George Michael - sex in toilets, Elton John - gang bangs, Kevin Spacey - accused of sexual assaults and some with a 14 year old, Michael Barrymore - sex parties, drugs and a dead body, Derek Mackay - grooming a 16 year old.

As a gay man I just feel so let down by those with celebrity status. I am married to my husband and have been with him for half my life, 20 years. We lead a life no different to hetrosexual couples. I am the toy boy by 3 years at 41.

It would be nice to be represented by people with influence in a normal way, instead the L,G,B,T,Q community just seem like sexual deviant.

It is very sad, I marched to have equality and lower the age of consent to 16yrs, but not for dirty old men to prey upon them.

I realised I was gay at 14 and burst out the closet, at 16 I was not able to enter into a sexual relationship, where as a heterosexual could.

I know of men who had no choice but to act in a way we would now look down upon, because being gay was illegal. Seedy clubs, sex in parks and public toilets was everywhere as no clean and decent way existed.

I feel that mostly we have equality in law, but are still perceived by some as second class citizens and the reason for this is people like I have listed above.

I can say Phillip done the wrong thing getting married, that is if he knew he was gay. everyone copes with their sexuality differently and maybe being a celebrity back then made it difficult for him, but it is no excuse to do what he did to his wife.

My hope is that MM doesn't have anything to do with him coming out.

Do I like him, I can watch him on TV from time to time (shift worker) and he doesn't bother me. I like him as a presenter I suppose, I grew up with him fisting gordon after all.

Let's all just hope and pray that this doesn't unravel into a saville type scenario. And also that his wife heals and finds someone who will be respectful to her.

Let's all wait for proof before we tie the noose! If he did marry knowing he was gay then he is no more that a deceitful twat, if he didn't know and he didn't have a relationship with MM underage, then he is just another poof on the telly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 103

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
I think it's going to be very interesting how this is played out now MM's name is out there and all over Twitter.

The press won't go for it immediately I don't think. If they tried to run a story like that now on PS, it won't go down well with all the sheep who think he's brave and LGBTQ+ groups will be up in arms that someone who has, for all intents and purposes, just courageously come out on live TV, has been effectively branded a sexual groomer thus reinforcing the outdated and untrue myth that all gay men are paedophiles.

No, I think they'll wait a while but they will tap dance around it. Also depends if he's signed an NDA and whose pockets are bigger - The Sun or JGM....?

I appreciate MM is over the age of consent but, in my opinion, if you meet your idol who is 30 years older and married, and he takes you out drinking, buys you things, takes you to his secret flat, gives you a job so you can be near him all the time then you have been groomed!

Reactions: 99

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
I wonder if he's the high profile TV presenter with a super injunction preventing the media talking about it ....

• Wow
Reactions: 95

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Things are moving at such a fast pace that I didn't have time to trawl back through the posts so this title will have to do. Sorry x

Let's carry on discussing the lying bastard - sorry, brave silver fox - that ITV want to protect to front all their shows 🐸☕

• Haha
Reactions: 91

Uhohno

Chatty Member
You could tell he was being outed or forced to come out because of the interview in him saying it was the 'right time'. This is going to get a whole lot messier and I'm living for it.🍿

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89

monga

VIP Member
I think it's going to be very interesting how this is played out now MM's name is out there and all over Twitter.

The press won't go for it immediately I don't think. If they tried to run a story like that now on PS, it won't go down well with all the sheep who think he's brave and LGBTQ+ groups will be up in arms that someone who has, for all intents and purposes, just courageously come out on live TV has been effectively branded a sexual groomer thus reinforcing the outdated and untrue myth that all gay men are paedophiles.

No, I think they'll wait a while but they will tap dance around it. Also depends if he's signed an NDA and whose pockets are bigger - The Sun or JGM....?

I appreciate MM is over the age of consent but, in my opinion, if you meet your idol who is 30 years older and married, and he takes you out drinking, buys you things, takes you to his secret flat, gives you a job so you can be near him all the time then you have been groomed!
I have an 18 yr old son and believe me just because your legally an adult doesn't mean your emotionally mature in your actions,to me 18 is still a child with a lot to learn in life..He certainly took advantage of that boy if what's being said is true...

• Wow
Reactions: 77

DishtheDirt

VIP Member
The difference with Andi Peters though is that he hasn’t married and lived a lie for donkeys years, just remained private which anyone is entitled to do!

Reactions: 72

maggiedoot

The thing with crisis management is that you only give enough information to avert the crisis. It’s not about telling the whole story. They hoped people would latch on to the “but he’s been married for 27 years / poor Stephanie / what about his kids” themes. And not question “why now”.

the allegations of a rift were supposedly down to Phil cutting off Ruth during a link. Bullshit. She wouldn’t make a formal complaint about that. Eamonn did the same thing to her at the end of the interview on Friday

the timing all falls into place now with the Amanda Holden rift as well.

they clearly all knew about MM and whilst it was all just ticking along everyone turned a blind eye but as soon as MM got thrown under the bus the cracks started. Ruth seems very grounded and the sort of person who would absolutely stick up for the “little guy”. And would have befriended MM so to see him treated badly wouldnt have sat well with her

the crisis management team have massively under estimated the public feeling of “we smell bullshit” to Fridays orchestrated charade and that the real story would soon filter out

I just hope MM is being looked after as he’s in a very vulnerable place right now
Ruth's (& Eamonn's) son is just a bit younger. i'd say Ruth has been observing the whole thing through the eyes of a mother for some time and it probably hasn't 'sat well' with her, but while MM was ok she was prob ok- but once he was 'thrown under the bus' i'd say that didn't sit well with her at all. PS is a nasty piece of work imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

foofoo

Oh dear
EQX_zUFXsAArxWL.jpeg

Look who is to the left in the photo at the 2 faced theatre company - aged 10

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 66

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
There is a sad story in the Sunday Times today from a woman (Rosamund Erwin) whose husband “did a Schofield” (her words) after 27 years and two children.

She says he had a long time to think about how his new life might work and gay friends to support him whereas she had no support network, didn’t know who to confide in when his actions had been deemed brave and marvellous.

“All the goodwill is on their side and you can’t say anything critical about their behaviour because you’d be shot down as homophobic”.

Her husband was having unprotected sex with men and also her so she had to have std testing, poor thing. My heart goes out to her. She mentions a support group - straightpartnersanonymous.com.

• Sad
Reactions: 65

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
The thing with crisis management is that you only give enough information to avert the crisis. It’s not about telling the whole story. They hoped people would latch on to the “but he’s been married for 27 years / poor Stephanie / what about his kids” themes. And not question “why now”.

the allegations of a rift were supposedly down to Phil cutting off Ruth during a link. Bullshit. She wouldn’t make a formal complaint about that. Eamonn did the same thing to her at the end of the interview on Friday

the timing all falls into place now with the Amanda Holden rift as well.

they clearly all knew about MM and whilst it was all just ticking along everyone turned a blind eye but as soon as MM got thrown under the bus the cracks started. Ruth seems very grounded and the sort of person who would absolutely stick up for the “little guy”. And would have befriended MM so to see him treated badly wouldnt have sat well with her

the crisis management team have massively under estimated the public feeling of “we smell bullshit” to Fridays orchestrated charade and that the real story would soon filter out

I just hope MM is being looked after as he’s in a very vulnerable place right now

Reactions: 62

VintageC

My mum used to work at a well known theatre & she met PS a few times but never liked him. She always said he was rude & arrogant and felt the theatre staff were beneath him, strutted around the place like he was something special...... when in fact, it is commonly accepted that he was the shittest ‘Joseph’ there ever was.

I cannot stand ITV anyway but this whole charade has made me never want to watch the channel again- what are the execs thinking?? This is all going to go very sour very quicky..... this isn’t the 90’s, the British public are more switched on than they are giving credit. I think a huge part of them all being with the same management team is so that they cannot publicly talk shit about eachother & dish the dirt!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 61

SkankHunt42

I hope it sinks both pip and Holly. Fed up of both of their smug self loving faces on everything.

Pip could become known as the Jimmy saville of itv!

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
whole family picked up on it.” Phil declined to comment on whether he is in a relationship with a man, or has been in the past.

He added: “I understand that people will ask that question. It is one I’d ask myself.

“But Steph and I have agreed to keep our private life private. I hope people understand.”

1. Phil declining to comment if he is/has been in a relationship obviously means he had been. If he had struggled with his sexuality why no tell his wife and wait until that was all sorted before shagging the runner.

‘Keeping our private life private”
Exactly Phil so why do we need a big announcement, a newspaper interview, an interview with holly... keep it private.... except you couldn’t because you were about to be outed.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

coconochanel

VIP Member
Bloody hell I never thought Id see the day when a Phillip Scofield thread was going faster then Meghan Markle's.

• Haha
Reactions: 55