Phillip Schofield #2 Alleged affair with This Morning runner

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t seen any evidence of an injunction but if there is one in place, it shouldn’t be allowed to be used for things such as this.

Do we 100 percent know whether there is one or do we think there’s a media deal that’s been done regarding the way the story is portrayed?

Reactions: 6
I thought interestingly aswell this morning Joan Collins said it was common knowledge amongst them all ...
But if it is common knowledge then it's obvious his wife has known from the get go? Definitely a marriage of convenience and as he says, they have never had any secrets between them.

Reactions: 5
If this is all true I find it really disturbing and upsetting. The boy may have been legal by the time anything happened but the grooming was all done prior, and as a mother of teenage boys I can say for sure that in age some boys maybe considered an adult at 18 but they are not especially when it involves someone much older, manipulative and worldly wise.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
That drama school photo gives me the absolute creeps.

I was “befriended” and groomed by someone in their 20s when I was 14 and sorry for being a snowflake, but this story is really triggering for me. I understand exactly the things they do and say to make you like and trust them. Even if they didn’t start a relationship until MM was of age, it still really disturbs me that he was kind of “waiting in the wings”. It’s horrible.

I don’t understand how ITV can ignore these rumours/allegations for much longer. At this point more and more people are reading this and they’re going to have to issue a statement soon.
your not a snowflake I think most of us can relate to being triggered
if you’ve had a similar experience

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That drama school photo gives me the absolute creeps.

I was “befriended” and groomed by someone in their 20s when I was 14 and sorry for being a snowflake, but this story is really triggering for me. I understand exactly the things they do and say to make you like and trust them. Even if they didn’t start a relationship until MM was of age, it still really disturbs me that he was kind of “waiting in the wings”. It’s horrible.

I don’t understand how ITV can ignore these rumours/allegations for much longer. At this point more and more people are reading this and they’re going to have to issue a statement soon.
You're not a snowflake at all and it's completely understandable that this is triggering for you. I hope you have plenty of support around you to get through this. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Joan is at the top of the Mail online
Why? Joan Collins, 86, raised eyebrows on Good Morning Britain on Monday when she questioned why Phillip Schofield had to come out as homosexual

Why? Joan Collins, 86, raised eyebrows on Good Morning Britain on Monday when she questioned why Phillip Schofield had to come out as homosexual

'Everyone who knew him, knew he was gay!' Joan Collins questions why Phillip Schofield had to come out as she attends Vanity Fair Oscars party with husband Percy Gibson
  • The actress was being interviewed by Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain when she weighed in on the This Morning presenter's decision to come out
  • Speaking at Sunday night's Vanity Fair Oscars party Joan, 86, said: 'It seems a little odd to make a big announcement'
  • 'It seemed that he was living a fine life. Everyone who knew him, knew he was gay,' she added during the live interview
  • Schofield, 57, shocked the nation on Friday, announcing his sexuality in a lengthy social media post before an interview with Holly Willoughby on This Morning
  • His wife of 27 years Stephanie Lowe, 56, has vowed to stand by her husband The presenter's announcement racked up more than 5.5m views on YouTube
Following the awards, Joan appeared on GMB alongside Kelly and Sharon Osborne as well as Perez Hilton, where they discussed Phil's recent announcement.

Joan said: 'That's what I thought [why he felt he had to come out] when I saw it. I thought: "Why does he have to do that?"

'It seemed that he was living a fine life. Everyone who knew him, knew he was gay. Why does he want to tell everybody and confess, as it were?

Elsewhere during her appearance, she asked: 'What was the reason he felt the need to go public with this, when a lot of people already knew? I mean, we all knew...'

At this point added: 'There have been some rumours of inappropriateness... I mean they're unsubstantiated...' leaving Joan to ask: 'How do you mean inappropriateness?' before Piers quickly stops the conversation.

After Joan made the comments, GMB viewers took to social media in their droves to voice their opinions.

One person tweeted: 'Respect to Joan Collins for just asking 'why did he chose to come out now, we already knew. #GMB.'

'Joan Collins throwing a grenade into the #PhillipSchofield story #gmb,' wrote another, followed by a crying laughing face emoji.

'#GMB covering the Philip Schofield story, but being careful not to cover certain aspects of the story. Joan Collins & Perez Hilton keep touching on it but getting closed down,' pointed out another viewer.

Someone else tweeted: 'Joan Collins asking the question everyone is thinking and won’t let it go ... TV gold! #GMB.'

'It seems a little odd to make a big pron... announcement.'

• Heart
Reactions: 22
From everything I've seen Mr Matthew isn't innocent in all this at all . He knew full well what he was doing and when phillip refused to meet his demands he then threatened phillip with outing him to the newspapers etc .

This is a simple case of a man having an affair but unwilling to leave his life for the lover . Lover gets angry threatens to reveal all . Phillip limits the damage by coming out as gay .

End of story you are all jumping to crazy conclusions !

Reactions: 10
Props to Joan asking the question on everyone's lips 'why did he come out?'

He totally outed himself before something or someone outed him.

I find it annoying that itv will probably protect him till the cows come home even if this affair is true. It'll be like the BBC and Saville case all over again but not on a grand scale like that vile bleep Saville. Itv will sweep it under the rug just like they did with ant and his drug addiction and car crash

Reactions: 12
If there was anything underage that is a crime? Grooming also. I think how possibly could it be ok to have an injunction to cover up a crime? I know this is all alleged but I think an injuction then should be over ridden.
I think injuctions are pathetic if you do wrong fave the consquences... damn how can people with money be able to cover stuff up... face up except consquences... karma comes to us all

Reactions: 9
Just joined and have a different view to many others.

Firstly, there is no proof as yet that anything untoward took place.

I agree that the stuff with MM is very strange with all the online stuff disappearing.

If their is a story and it is all proved that he was a mentor to the lad from the age of 10, and at some point a relationship started with a child, well he should then not only lose his job but be subject to a prison sentence.

I am not saying an old man playing around with 16 year olds is right, but it is not illegal even if it is in my opinion still wrong.

My biggest gripe is why a lot of gay men who achieve celebrity status are total dicks, George Michael - sex in toilets, Elton John - gang bangs, Kevin Spacey - accused of sexual assaults and some with a 14 year old, Michael Barrymore - sex parties, drugs and a dead body, Derek Mackay - grooming a 16 year old.

As a gay man I just feel so let down by those with celebrity status. I am married to my husband and have been with him for half my life, 20 years. We lead a life no different to hetrosexual couples. I am the toy boy by 3 years at 41.

It would be nice to be represented by people with influence in a normal way, instead the L,G,B,T,Q community just seem like sexual deviant.

It is very sad, I marched to have equality and lower the age of consent to 16yrs, but not for dirty old men to prey upon them.

I realised I was gay at 14 and burst out the closet, at 16 I was not able to enter into a sexual relationship, where as a heterosexual could.

I know of men who had no choice but to act in a way we would now look down upon, because being gay was illegal. Seedy clubs, sex in parks and public toilets was everywhere as no clean and decent way existed.

I feel that mostly we have equality in law, but are still perceived by some as second class citizens and the reason for this is people like I have listed above.

I can say Phillip done the wrong thing getting married, that is if he knew he was gay. everyone copes with their sexuality differently and maybe being a celebrity back then made it difficult for him, but it is no excuse to do what he did to his wife.

My hope is that MM doesn't have anything to do with him coming out.

Do I like him, I can watch him on TV from time to time (shift worker) and he doesn't bother me. I like him as a presenter I suppose, I grew up with him fisting gordon after all.

Let's all just hope and pray that this doesn't unravel into a saville type scenario. And also that his wife heals and finds someone who will be respectful to her.

Let's all wait for proof before we tie the noose! If he did marry knowing he was gay then he is no more that a deceitful twit, if he didn't know and he didn't have a relationship with MM underage, then he is just another poof on the telly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 103
Joan is at the top of the Mail online

'Everyone who knew him, knew he was gay!' Joan Collins questions why Phillip Schofield had to come out as she attends Vanity Fair Oscars party with husband Percy Gibson
  • The actress was being interviewed by Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain when she weighed in on the This Morning presenter's decision to come out
  • Speaking at Sunday night's Vanity Fair Oscars party Joan, 86, said: 'It seems a little odd to make a big announcement'
  • 'It seemed that he was living a fine life. Everyone who knew him, knew he was gay,' she added during the live interview
  • Schofield, 57, shocked the nation on Friday, announcing his sexuality in a lengthy social media post before an interview with Holly Willoughby on This Morning
  • His wife of 27 years Stephanie Lowe, 56, has vowed to stand by her husband The presenter's announcement racked up more than 5.5m views on YouTube
Following the awards, Joan appeared on GMB alongside Kelly and Sharon Osborne as well as Perez Hilton, where they discussed Phil's recent announcement.

Joan said: 'That's what I thought [why he felt he had to come out] when I saw it. I thought: "Why does he have to do that?"

'It seemed that he was living a fine life. Everyone who knew him, knew he was gay. Why does he want to tell everybody and confess, as it were?

Elsewhere during her appearance, she asked: 'What was the reason he felt the need to go public with this, when a lot of people already knew? I mean, we all knew...'

At this point added: 'There have been some rumours of inappropriateness... I mean they're unsubstantiated...' leaving Joan to ask: 'How do you mean inappropriateness?' before Piers quickly stops the conversation.

After Joan made the comments, GMB viewers took to social media in their droves to voice their opinions.

One person tweeted: 'Respect to Joan Collins for just asking 'why did he chose to come out now, we already knew. #GMB.'

'Joan Collins throwing a grenade into the #PhillipSchofield story #gmb,' wrote another, followed by a crying laughing face emoji.

'#GMB covering the Philip Schofield story, but being careful not to cover certain aspects of the story. Joan Collins & Perez Hilton keep touching on it but getting closed down,' pointed out another viewer.

Someone else tweeted: 'Joan Collins asking the question everyone is thinking and won’t let it go ... TV gold! #GMB.'

'It seems a little odd to make a big pron... announcement.'
More tap dancing around the real story.

The press know. Everyone on Twitter knows.

There MUST be an injunction in place.

Reactions: 18
From everything I've seen Mr Matthew isn't innocent in all this at all . He knew full well what he was doing and when phillip refused to meet his demands he then threatened phillip with outing him to the newspapers etc .

This is a simple case of a man having an affair but unwilling to leave his life for the lover . Lover gets angry threatens to reveal all . Phillip limits the damage by coming out as gay .

There’s this thing called grooming.

Reactions: 29

End of story-thread done then!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
"Try telling that to the thousands of women who have been duped
into a marriage by a man who doesn’t have the courage to be honest
about his sexuality."

The name Shrien Dewani comes to mind.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.