Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Proud day here folks, my boy got the results he needed. He’s off to study law ☺ Got his brains from his Ma 🤪😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13

BigMavis

VIP Member
Some orange men are complaining about Pride, why do they have to march, won't someone think of the children, pride is a sin 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
Don’t panic guys PSNI twitter is alive and well, it’s got a different name. Not tagging it here in case they do start reading our shite. They will be undercover in revolution de Cuba in no time 😂😂

Just what I’m reading on SM a lot think it’s loyalist druggies involved?
I’m convinced it is a cop.I’ll add my thoughts to the correct thread

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Mardymermaid

Chatty Member
Refreshing to read here where its respectful but not people acting like they've lost their actual relative. Im struggling with the grief thieves on social media. Theres being understandably sad and then theres putting on the dramatics

Reactions: 8

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
We probably need a complete overhaul in terms of parties politicians etc. People like Jamie should be prosecuted for inciting hatred, sectarianism should carry a prison sentence. Just an idea 😂 is it a goer?
Could we get Matthew mcconaghy in as first minister on account of him being a big ride. I heard he wants into politics

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Wee Nora

VIP Member
The awkward and uncomfortable fact is that there is truth in what Michelle O’Neill said. That’s difficult for me to say that as someone who disagrees with violence in any form. Bloody Sunday was a turning point in the troubles, it showed decent, ordinary, law abiding Nationalist people that peaceful protest for basic civil rights was pointless, it showed them that their voice was never going to be listened to and it made them believe that the only language Britain understood was violence. It’s no coincidence that the aftermath of Bloody Sunday saw the biggest recruitment drive the IRA ever had. There was never going to any opportunity for dialogue or a better way of doing things because Catholics were second class citizens and that’s how they were always intended to remain.
I don’t even blame the PUL community for not understanding, you could only know how bad it was if you lived it. I don’t blame them for not believing it or even denying that it happened.

So much manipulation of the ordinary people that just wanted to get on and provide for their families , that’s why it’s unbelievable that these people are still given a public platform 50 + years later .

Like I said before I don’t think we’ll see a unionist DFM …ever!
Case in point. No unionist party should accept the party that have the largest mandate in NI. Why? Because it’s a Nationalist party 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 7

BigMavis

VIP Member
The absolute outrage in the Facebook comments re kneecap 😂 have these people never heard of punk? And the mural? Well that's art.
The Feile is great, I'd much rather people attend that programme of events over building the worlds tallest and most pointless bonfire. If people don't feel comfortable attending maybe they could put some of the funding for cultural sites into similar. It's a no brainer.
Back to the comments, the feile is why there is no assembly. Can hardly expect the DUP to sit with SF when some band that doesn't even have a record label is being all anarchist. It's about time unionism wised up, it's just petulance now. You know that quote when you're accustomed to privilege equality feels like oppression. Yeah.

BigMavis

VIP Member
The omagh bomb was 24 years ago today. I'm sure the families loved seeing the up the ra merchandise sold at the feile. I can't call out symbolism being burnt on a bonfire and not this. It's wrong and embarrassing. It's all wrong.
I can completely see where people are coming from there does appear to be an attempt to stamp out nationalism but this provides these voices with ammunition.

Wee Nora

VIP Member
The omagh bomb was 24 years ago today. I'm sure the families loved seeing the up the ra merchandise sold at the feile. I can't call out symbolism being burnt on a bonfire and not this. It's wrong and embarrassing. It's all wrong.
I can completely see where people are coming from there does appear to be an attempt to stamp out nationalism but this provides these voices with ammunition.
You’re right Mavis, my issue is with people like Bryson who will throw things like “fuck your Union Jack” around Twitter but the previous day was defending the sale of Para flags in Derry and was silent last month when tricolours were being burnt on bonfires. Complaining about up the ra chants while issuing statements on behalf of the men who broadcast that Michaela song. Up in arms about what some footballer wears in his own time but he as a public figure and loyalist “spokesperson” can proudly stand by UVF paraphernalia. I’d like to say Bryson is a one off and he’s in a minority but my experience of it is different.
Truth be told Bryson and people like him would prefer a return to the days of Catholics having no voice, no work, no rights. He should come out and tell it like it is.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6

BigMavis

VIP Member
The shamrock is used a lot here isn't it? Is it not on military uniforms? Loyalists are a different kettle of fish they have the fear it's not rational and it's not what the Queen stood for. Look at how she met McGuinness, that was hard for both of them I'm sure, but it was reconciliation and forgiveness. Loyalists can't take ownership of this, good people give others the respect they deserve.

monga

VIP Member
Sickening

Does the monk know something 🤔
1C17FF4E-ABC0-45DF-8B5D-70EF4C1DC6D9.jpeg

He’s got this further down the thread…wonder why the PSNI have had their account suspended?
8E665464-B47E-4852-9ED0-6F0E2321B5B5.jpeg
FAD66168-1C6D-4969-8915-A334D43F81F6.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow

BigMavis

VIP Member
Yeah, ten past three. A lot has changed but recently it feels like we're taking a massive step back.
I don't think any of us want to live in those times again.

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
If u like Belfast live comments you should check out the North Down Mums group. Occasionally it turns into a chaos with the posts and comments. I’m neither a mum or from north down but like to keep up to date 😂😂

• Haha