Northern Ireland #4 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some orange men are complaining about Pride, why do they have to march, won't someone think of the children, pride is a sin 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just witnessed 2 Psni with some wee woman who may have been tipsy and they were saying “we’re not a taxi service Sandra”
I get the impression she might have called them for a lift home 😂😂
Apparently a 30 minute wait for an actual taxi!

I kind of think they could have taken her but then I suppose the service gets abused if you set a precedent!

Someone has been arrested in that Lincolnshire case, a 22 year old man. I can’t stop thinking about her wee sister she was playing with. It must be incredibly traumatic for her.

Reactions: 5
Just witnessed 2 Psni with some wee woman who may have been tipsy and they were saying “we’re not a taxi service Sandra”
I get the impression she might have called them for a lift home 😂😂
Apparently a 30 minute wait for an actual taxi!

I kind of think they could have taken her but then I suppose the service gets abused if you set a precedent!

Someone has been arrested in that Lincolnshire case, a 22 year old man. I can’t stop thinking about her wee sister she was playing with. It must be incredibly traumatic for her.
Kinda want a night on the tiles with Sandra 😂

Anyone ever eaten in Revolution de Cuba?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Kinda want a night on the tiles with Sandra 😂

Anyone ever eaten in Revolution de Cuba?
Few years back before covid. It was ok and they have nice cocktails. I think they used to do midweek deals on food and drink which I would probably go again for as I think the full menu can be a bit pricy.
It is a lovely location inside though so if u are going for a party/night out it should be ok.
Basically it’s a chain restaurant so don’t be expecting fine dining!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Few years back before covid. It was ok and they have nice cocktails. I think they used to do midweek deals on food and drink which I would probably go again for as I think the full menu can be a bit pricy.
It is a lovely location inside though so if u are going for a party/night out it should be ok.
Basically it’s a chain restaurant so don’t be expecting fine dining!
Thanks, I’ve been before but never for food ☺ it’s just for a girl’s night. About 15 of us, we’re dotted all over the country and Belfast is the only place we can all get to by public transport 😆 we literally just need something reasonably tasty to line our tummies for all the cocktails and they do table service for drinks if you’re eating so that reeled me in. Wee Nora doesn’t queue at the bar in heels 🤣

I just had a chuckle at this Google review. Sounds like I’ll feel right at home with the usual clientele. Apart from the 25-35 bit 🤣

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Thanks, I’ve been before but never for food ☺ it’s just for a girl’s night. About 15 of us, we’re dotted all over the country and Belfast is the only place we can all get to by public transport 😆 we literally just need something reasonably tasty to line our tummies for all the cocktails and they do table service for drinks if you’re eating so that reeled me in. Wee Nora doesn’t queue at the bar in heels 🤣

I just had a chuckle at this Google review. Sounds like I’ll feel right at home with the usual clientele. Apart from the 25-35 bit 🤣
That review sounds like it was written by the manager!
If your focus is a night out and cocktails then it will be grand. Just get loads of the tapas style options!
If you wanted something a bit more refined Coppi in st Anne’s square is amazing (or at least it was before lockdown)
Hell cat maggies is good pub food but usually quite busy
Top blade - reasonably priced steaks and really nice.

Err I know it’s off topic but the Sunday times looks interesting tomorrow!

1659202397797.png

• Wow
  • Heart
That review sounds like it was written by the manager!
If your focus is a night out and cocktails then it will be grand. Just get loads of the tapas style options!
If you wanted something a bit more refined Coppi in st Anne’s square is amazing (or at least it was before lockdown)
Hell cat maggies is good pub food but usually quite busy
Top blade - reasonably priced steaks and really nice.

Err I know it’s off topic but the Sunday times looks interesting tomorrow!

View attachment 1458595
Thanks Grifty, think we’ll just go with it, seems to be something on the menu for everybody and I’m too old to bar hop so anywhere that can do food, drinks and music under one roof will be grand 😂

Sickening

Does the monk know something 🤔
1C17FF4E-ABC0-45DF-8B5D-70EF4C1DC6D9.jpeg

He’s got this further down the thread…wonder why the PSNI have had their account suspended?
8E665464-B47E-4852-9ED0-6F0E2321B5B5.jpeg
FAD66168-1C6D-4969-8915-A334D43F81F6.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Judging by the Noah thread not one single person believes there was “no foul play”. Very unusual to get people from both communities to agree on anything. It has be something big for this level of cover up.
Just what I’m reading on SM a lot think it’s loyalist druggies involved?

Don’t panic guys PSNI twitter is alive and well, it’s got a different name. Not tagging it here in case they do start reading our shite. They will be undercover in revolution de Cuba in no time 😂😂

Just what I’m reading on SM a lot think it’s loyalist druggies involved?
I’m convinced it is a cop.I’ll add my thoughts to the correct thread

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does that mean we’ll all have to change our avatar to “Che”😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Has anyone checked on the two Jimmies? For I have just seen a picture of psni officers marching at pride and I'm imagining both these boys going off the boil. Also, I may have spotted the garda in the back of the picture so double whammy 🙈

• Haha
Can’t she take a hint 😂
I do think though regardless over the arguments of what the official fleg of Northern Ireland is, for the commonwealth games sports team the Ulster Banner is what they use. I could be wrong but I think they do or used to use Danny boy for the NI anthem?

So actually it does feel like the BBC have made a deliberate politically motivated decision to not use it. it is used in the commonwealth games website and they carry the flag in the ceremony.

I completely get that not everyone feels represented by the ulster banner and that’s maybe a separate point but there does seem to have been a bit of editing by the bbc in some clips.

I do think though regardless over the arguments of what the official fleg of Northern Ireland is, for the commonwealth games sports team the Ulster Banner is what they use. I could be wrong but I think they do or used to use Danny boy for the NI anthem?

So actually it does feel like the BBC have made a deliberate politically motivated decision to not use it. it is used in the commonwealth games website and they carry the flag in the ceremony.

I completely get that not everyone feels represented by the ulster banner and that’s maybe a separate point but there does seem to have been a bit of editing by the bbc in some clips.
I don’t really see the BBC as interested in NI politics .I think they’re a very British organisation but like the rest of the UK know nothing or care about what goes on here.

I’m sure Jeffrey will intervene 😏

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.