Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
I reckon we will probably see a house price crash in a few months when the energy price hike goes up again. Some people already struggling. I think your sister has sold just in time.
It was snapped up within two days , she actually had a lot of offers and made a massive profit , even she was surprised at how quickly it sold .I think we'll be facing the same problems as the mainland with greedy landlords and buy to lets .

Wee Nora

VIP Member
I probably shouldn’t say this but something about the Archbishop of Canterbury doesn’t sit right with me.

Justherefortittle

VIP Member
The case is heartbreaking and those pictures of the venue in the media again makes me sick to the core .. can’t imagine what anyone involved are feeling.

Timelines and the whole scenario of how it all happened & was responded to are spamming even more confusing now than it was then.

Maybe someone local can fill in the gaps but …from memory of many comments on posts at the time had me the understanding

This wasn’t a ticketed event? Instead it was the hotel having a disco on Saint Patrick’s day?

Private bus companies sold tickets to underage kids allowing them to also drink on the buses then dropped them all of on the main road at gates of hotel
Parents local dropped kids too, others made their own way

police should have noticed the activity on the main road CCTV but that wasn’t properly monitored/acted on and no response was given

Hotel aware of large crowds as they assembled enmass outside the premises in high jinx pushing and shoving.

it’s escalated doors not yet open and people kept pushing forward

Police didn’t act quickly - too big a crowd to handle.

Then I see all the comments today and I’m even more confused, people comparing it to security at a festival admitting too many people etc