Northern Ireland #4 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's a football chant written for Celtic it's called Celtic Symphony
Seriously…. Are you trying to justify the lyrics “Ooh Aah Up The Ra"??? What has that got to do with football?
Can you not see how this could be offensive to anyone who has had relatives murdered by the RA?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Seriously…. Are you trying to justify the lyrics “Ooh Aah Up The Ra"??? What has that got to do with football?
Can you not see how this could be offensive to anyone who has had relatives murdered by the RA?
It's about the old school IRA 's fight for independence ,do you think those scummy flags should be on display and being sold in a town where those scum killed innocent people ?...Don't know what we hate catholics has to do with football either ?

Reactions: 3
It's about the old school IRA 's fight for independence ,do you think those scummy flags should be on display and being sold in a town where those scum killed innocent people ?...Don't know what we hate catholics has to do with football either ?
No I don’t agree with those or the we hate catholics song and have condemned those when it happens.
Your excusing this is bleeping shocking to be honest.

there are some who would say the UVF flags are due to the 36th ulster division in the 1st world war, I personally think this is a pile of gaslighting bollocks as is your post.

I have criticised sectarianism from loyalists throughout these threads and am not a loyalist would say I am a unionist. You act like hatred and bigotry is only one way and if people glorify the RA it’s all just a bit of craic or ‘art’ or some bullshit to you.

• Heart
No I don’t agree with those or the we hate catholics song and have condemned those when it happens.
Your excusing this is bleeping shocking to be honest.

there are some who would say the UVF flags are due to the 36th ulster division in the 1st world war, I personally think this is a pile of gaslighting bollocks as is your post.

I have criticised sectarianism from loyalists throughout these threads and am not a loyalist would say I am a unionist. You act like hatred and bigotry is only one way and if people glorify the RA it’s all just a bit of craic or ‘art’ or some bullshit to you.
You're always gaslighting ,every time there's something posted about loyalist /Unionist bigots you're right behind with their republican counterpart , you only posted that fella with the Celtic shirt on because we were talking about bigoted sportsmen earlier , there's been plenty on nationalists killed by the RA too I've never seen anyone on here defending the killing of innocent civilians , but I've never seen any unionists condemn killings of innocent catholics by the security forces either .

You're always gaslighting ,every time there's something posted about loyalist /Unionist bigots you're right behind with their republican counterpart , you only posted that fella with the cetic shirt on because we were talking about bigoted sportsmen earlier , there's been plenty on nationalists killed by the RA too I've never seen anyone on here defending the killing of innocent civilians , but I've never seen any unionists condemn killings of innocent catholics by the security forces either .
I posted the larne player because it came up this evening and in a post said his shirt was disgusting but actually I thought bryson’s follow up about him was dangerous.

also the wolfetones concert happened this evening I think?
As for the NI vs ROI match which happened in 1993 and why that got randomly posted today, who knows.
Maybe just be honest. You don’t have a problem with Ira chants. I do.

regarding the Eastwood/Bloody Sunday top I posted that as I was curious what had actually happened if that is what u are meaning- I didn’t give an opinion on the top other than to say if she doesn’t allow sportswear in the bar she needs to be consistent.

Bryson is completely mad, that's a dog whistle to attack that fella.
Ooh aah up the wa would be offensive to a lot of people here, course it would, that video will reinforce the notion that the feile isn't inclusive.
You have to have sensitivity for victims. Even if the meaning of the song isn't what its perceived to be.

Reactions: 4
I’ve yet to hear a unionist show any sympathy for the innocent victims of the security forces but jump on anything they feel is supporting the repubican cause even if it’s a Scottish football chant and FA to do with the troubles.

No …🎶we hate Protestants everyone here hates protestants…up to our knees in hun blood 🎶…na you’d only hear that from the publicly funded loyalist/ Unionist side draped in the most sectarian bigoted sash in the world led by former first ministers propped up by loyalist terrorists 👍🏻
2F8DB549-9D3E-43FA-A2B7-01DB48DA3A23.jpeg
BA3D2788-84A4-463B-BAB7-6C2568F2C361.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The omagh bomb was 24 years ago today. I'm sure the families loved seeing the up the ra merchandise sold at the feile. I can't call out symbolism being burnt on a bonfire and not this. It's wrong and embarrassing. It's all wrong.
I can completely see where people are coming from there does appear to be an attempt to stamp out nationalism but this provides these voices with ammunition.

Reactions: 7
The Omagh bomb has been condemned from all sides I haven’t seen anyone justifying it? I don’t see how a feile being held WITHIN a certain area is getting Unionists backs up when they March through Catholic areas with merchandise clearly displayed and sold glorifying people that murdered innocent civilians in that area yet not one Unionist has condemned It 🤷🏼‍♀️
These murderers are still protected by the British state and celebrated by unionists at dinner dances…

The omagh bomb was 24 years ago today. I'm sure the families loved seeing the up the ra merchandise sold at the feile. I can't call out symbolism being burnt on a bonfire and not this. It's wrong and embarrassing. It's all wrong.
I can completely see where people are coming from there does appear to be an attempt to stamp out nationalism but this provides these voices with ammunition.
You’re right Mavis, my issue is with people like Bryson who will throw things like “duck your Union Jack” around Twitter but the previous day was defending the sale of Para flags in Derry and was silent last month when tricolours were being burnt on bonfires. Complaining about up the ra chants while issuing statements on behalf of the men who broadcast that Michaela song. Up in arms about what some footballer wears in his own time but he as a public figure and loyalist “spokesperson” can proudly stand by UVF paraphernalia. I’d like to say Bryson is a one off and he’s in a minority but my experience of it is different.
Truth be told Bryson and people like him would prefer a return to the days of Catholics having no voice, no work, no rights. He should come out and tell it like it is.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You’re right Mavis, my issue is with people like Bryson who will throw things like “duck your Union Jack” around Twitter but the previous day was defending the sale of Para flags in Derry and was silent last month when tricolours were being burnt on bonfires. Complaining about up the ra chants while issuing statements on behalf of the men who broadcast that Michaela song. Up in arms about what some footballer wears in his own time but he as a public figure and loyalist “spokesperson” can proudly stand by UVF paraphernalia. I’d like to say Bryson is a one off and he’s in a minority but my experience of it is different.
Truth be told Bryson and people like him would prefer a return to the days of Catholics having no voice, no work, no rights. He should come out and tell it like it is.
That’s the truth of the matter the unionists want a return to the good old days when they’re privilege gave them the right to round up Catholic people, burn them out of the ramshackle homes they allowed them to live in, beat them within an inch of their lives and shoot them dead whenever they felt like it….no questions asked.

Can’t wait for Jamie to be suspended
Larne FC suspends player ‘with immediate effect’ for wearing top ‘with pro-IRA slogan’

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/larne-fc-suspends-player-with-immediate-effect-for-wearing-top-with-pro-ira-slogan-41912650.hamburger

Here’s the proof, no room for anyone only loyalists/ Unionists in NI
211937AC-04E1-4DE3-8658-72892F65C44A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Not all unionists.
People like Bryson, yeah. I just worry that attitude is spreading. It seems to come from a place of entitlement and feeling hard done by.
I don't know much about him but he seems a bit thick and is blatantly lying about his credentials.
He would hate me. My parents went to uni and marched for civil rights, because they needed to. They ensured that we got our education because we needed to. It was difficult to be a nationalist it probably wasn't that difficult to be a unionist.
But there's Jamie complaining about the "uppity" people because they refused to stay under the boot.

I’d say the majority of Unionists feel like Jamie, history confirms it. Unless I’m living in a parallel universe I don’t see a massive shift in attitude at all … Jamie inherited his hate from somewhere …for a young man he’s got very old fashioned views, you can’t catch homosexuality and if people want sodomised that’s their business .

Last edited:
24 years today since omagh. Right about now. I was only a teenager and I thought my whole family were dead. Took hours to find out otherwise. Strange times

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah, ten past three. A lot has changed but recently it feels like we're taking a massive step back.
I don't think any of us want to live in those times again.

Reactions: 6
This is the B-Men in action for those that think I’m going on a hunch 🙄

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.