Northern Ireland #4 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know but its sort of funny.

Have you ever seen Africa by Toto performed by TG Lurgan? It's incredible ๐Ÿ˜

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Who are these lot?

I look at this and see tongue in cheek but I'm guessing jamie would see this as a threat?!? ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I don't know but its sort of funny.

Have you ever seen Africa by Toto performed by TG Lurgan? It's incredible ๐Ÿ˜
Just had to go watch mavis.....amazing!!! The rain and thunder at the start was genuis.
I havent seen them in years, loved their version of "wake me up" that they did years ago

Reactions: 4
The absolute outrage in the Facebook comments re kneecap ๐Ÿ˜‚ have these people never heard of punk? And the mural? Well that's art.
The Feile is great, I'd much rather people attend that programme of events over building the worlds tallest and most pointless bonfire. If people don't feel comfortable attending maybe they could put some of the funding for cultural sites into similar. It's a no brainer.
Back to the comments, the feile is why there is no assembly. Can hardly expect the DUP to sit with SF when some band that doesn't even have a record label is being all anarchist. It's about time unionism wised up, it's just petulance now. You know that quote when you're accustomed to privilege equality feels like oppression. Yeah.

Reactions: 7
The absolute outrage in the Facebook comments re kneecap ๐Ÿ˜‚ have these people never heard of punk? And the mural? Well that's art.
The Feile is great, I'd much rather people attend that programme of events over building the worlds tallest and most pointless bonfire. If people don't feel comfortable attending maybe they could put some of the funding for cultural sites into similar. It's a no brainer.
Back to the comments, the feile is why there is no assembly. Can hardly expect the DUP to sit with SF when some band that doesn't even have a record label is being all anarchist. It's about time unionism wised up, it's just petulance now. You know that quote when you're accustomed to privilege equality feels like oppression. Yeah.
That last line. 100000000% ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Reactions: 3
I don't really see the difference in kneecap and young spencer. I also don't see the difference in the auld orange flute, the sash my father wore etc and come out ye black and tans.
Am I missing something. All are great tunes, poetry and I know every word.

Reactions: 5
I don't really see the difference in kneecap and young spencer. I also don't see the difference in the auld orange flute, the sash my father wore etc and come out ye black and tans.
Am I missing something. All are great tunes, poetry and I know every word.
Do they not realise that kneecap are a piss take? Theyโ€™re satirists and they take the piss out of themselves more than anyone else. They even have a song called โ€œFenian C*ntsโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚ Not to mention the fact most of their lyrics are in Irish so unless the people complaining speak Irish they donโ€™t even know what theyโ€™re complaining about ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha
Do they not realise that kneecap are a piss take? Theyโ€™re satirists and they take the piss out of themselves more than anyone else. They even have a song called โ€œFenian C*ntsโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚ Not to mention the fact most of their lyrics are in Irish so unless the people complaining speak Irish they donโ€™t even know what theyโ€™re complaining about ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Yip. Read the tele comments to you see.
I think kneecap are pure shite but yes funny. Bicep are ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜˜

Reactions: 2
Yip. Read the tele comments to you see.
I think kneecap are pure shite but yes funny. Bicep are ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜˜
Complete bile. One woman is going on about the โ€œbeautiful poppy tattooโ€ she has on her arm, not sure why thatโ€™s relevant ๐Ÿ˜‚
Selective outrage, wasnโ€™t too long ago Loyalists were throwing petrol bombs at the PSNI.

Who are these lot?

My nephews partner is from a staunch loyalist background and she loves them - they were both at the gig on Friday night

I would have liked to go see Imelda May, her and Damian Dempsey was on the same night as this lot. But thought it would be too much of a melting pot. Donโ€™t know why they put them all on the same night.

Kneecap are a Belfast, Northern Ireland-based hip hop trio with the stage-names Mo Chara, Mรณglaรญ Bap and DJ Prรณvaรญ.[1]They sing in Irish and often reference their support for republicanism. They first began releasing music in 2017 with their single "C.E.A.R.T.A." (Irish for "RIGHTS" as in human rights). They released their first album 3CAG in 2018,[2] and continued to release various singles such as "Get Your Brits Out".

A choir from Lurgan. So good.
They are an Irish language college from inverin in County Galway. I was obsessed by their version of Avicii Wake me Up

Used to have it as the ringtone on my mobile

Last edited:
Lurgan gets a bad rep, I'm rooting for it. The best thing they have now is Friar Tucks.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.