Northern Ireland #4 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm trying to listen to the radio in working struggling to listen to all these power ballads and sad songs. Bring back usual programming pls!
Charlieā€™s has put the country in mourning till a week after the funeral

Reactions: 3
See the billboards in my town have the Queens picture up, not sure if flags are going up or down but I see boys on ladders.

Reactions: 2
Refreshing to read here where its respectful but not people acting like they've lost their actual relative. Im struggling with the grief thieves on social media. Theres being understandably sad and then theres putting on the dramatics

Reactions: 8
Refreshing to read here where its respectful but not people acting like they've lost their actual relative. Im struggling with the grief thieves on social media. Theres being understandably sad and then theres putting on the dramatics
A woman on my Facebook said sheā€™s not slept or stopped crying all night and posted a picture of herself wearing black with the caption ā€œrespect maā€™am šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ā€œ Iā€™m sorry but would you get a dose of cop on.
Maybe Iā€™m bitter because my partner gets a few days off work fully paid and I work for an Irish company so itā€™s BAU.

i havenā€™t actually switched on the TV today Iā€™d say itā€™s pretty much the same tributes as yesterday

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Truss as PM and Charles as kingā€¦I feel weā€™re reliving the Booby Ewing scene in Dallas šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
There was a woman crying on the news earlier saying ā€œshe did so much for usā€. Did she really though? šŸ˜¬

MON will probably get an invite to the funeral, I'm hoping she goes and Arlene has to watch on the telly box like the rest of us. Although I don't know how it works but that would be sweet. Her and Jim Mcdonald could give commentary on that šŸ¤”

Tbh I am genuinely quite sad about it. I know it was always inevitable especially at 96 but I think for me the Queen & Prince Philip were just of that generation and they reminded me of my grandparents. Iā€™m not really a royalist but just always had a soft spot for those 2. Iā€™ve left some flowers at hillsborough castle this morning as I live quite close.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
MON will probably get an invite to the funeral, I'm hoping she goes and Arlene has to watch on the telly box like the rest of us. Although I don't know how it works but that would be sweet. Her and Jim Mcdonald could give commentary on that šŸ¤”
Would be nostalgic to hear Jim say ā€œElizabethā€ā€™again šŸ˜‚

• Haha
You do have to have a laugh otherwise we're literally plunged into mourning. Legal mourning if you will.
I don't want to be sad for weeks.

Did you see the King walking around? Thoughts?
I found the ā€œhurrahsā€ weird, he looked sad as youā€™d expect I suppose. Thought it would be more regal and ceremonial, like heā€™d emerge from the palace and wave at the crowds or something.

Reactions: 1
I found the ā€œhurrahsā€ weird, he looked sad as youā€™d expect I suppose. Thought it would be more regal and ceremonial, like heā€™d emerge from the palace and wave at the crowds or something.
Nora people were grabbing him, kissing him and then someone in the crowd shouted security.
Quite odd.

• Wow
Nora people were grabbing him, kissing him and then someone in the crowd shouted security.
Quite odd.
Oh I know, far too much. What would possess her to kiss him? šŸ™ˆ a bit disrespectful I thought but people are nuts šŸ˜‚ Imagine a man planting a kiss on Queen Camilla or the Duchess. Surprised he was allowed that close for security reasons.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.