Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Hi! Sliding myself in on here. Baby Watermelon was born early hours this morning at 1:27am via emergency C section! I didn’t have a section with my first and I am in agony. My partner has to go home tonight and they want to keep me in for 48 hours. Any tips? My stomach is in agony atm and I can barely move 😭 Baby girl is amazing though

• Heart
Reactions: 25

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Thanks for all the BFing advice and links the other day. We seem to be back on track. I’d probably have given up after the interfering from the hospital if I hadn’t had such good support on here.

It’s now 6am and I’ve spent the past hour googling newborn poo. I guess this is life for me now 😅
[

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Nosysamsie

Chatty Member
Soooo you may remember me talking about having a petty party after my MIL arranged little one a birthday party without my knowledge.

Well it was today & it was the best! Weather was fantastic, little one has smiled from ear to ear all day, we have played, laughed, eaten like kings, and have enough buffet food left that I could open up a cafe 🤣

Thats the 1 birthday celebrations done now though. I'm knackered! And I resemble a blob now from all the cake.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Celebrating a win, breastfeeding has been hard for me, I have hit a lot of stumbling blocks. Two weeks ago we went to the osteopath as I thought he had tongue tie as a public health nurse told me and that was the reason I struggled with latching and used nipple shields.
Went to the osteopath and he told me nothing was wrong ,it was more a confidence thing on my side. So the past two weeks I've successfully got him to latch on one side but not the other as I have a milk cyst on the left... Last night I tried again and he did it and we were able to get a good feed without use of the nipple shield.

It has taken 11 weeks of pure determination and stubbornness. We got there and I'm very proud of me and baby 🤣 now I want to wean I have it mastered lol

• Heart
Reactions: 20

cat_follower

Hello 👋 just moved myself over here from the pregnancy thread as my daughter is a week old today! The postpartum hormones are hormoning for sure. I keep getting upset because she’ll never be as little as she is right now, just a smushy wee newborn.

All through my labour I was telling myself you never have to do this again to get though it and as soon as she came out I was like… well one more wouldn’t hurt 😭 hormones!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

WotsitG1

VIP Member
Not baby related but Iv given my husband a week to seek help for the way he’s acting. I can’t live with the tension, mood swings and treading on egg shells any more. I feel me and baby wotsit can build a happier life without him if he can’t change.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

fairylights2000

VIP Member
me with a 6 month old looking for second hand buggy accessories: why do all of these say they've been chewed/have bite marks

me with a 15 month old: I see

• Haha

Nosysamsie

Chatty Member
Oh my goodness. My baby is 1 😭😭
I've been so emotional all day.
She's had a great day, had cake and played loads and has enjoyed her birthday balloons.

Thank you @Ro98 and @Pontiac_Bandit for your birthday wishes. And thank you to this thread for getting me through my first year of being a mum!

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Baby Watermelon passed her jaundice test so she doesn’t have to go back to hospital, thank God! 🙏

My mum and sister came to visit today and my sister took my 4 year old to the park, my partner went to the shops and my Mum tidied up and watched the baby whilst I went and had an everything shower! Feel so refreshed

• Heart
Reactions: 17

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Thank you @WeepingCassandra !!

I’m just in the baby bubble atm 😆 We didn’t think she would be so small - she came at 36 weeks 4 days so she’s just classed as prem, she’s so tiny, 5lb 1oz!!! My sister came round this evening with loads of tiny clothes we were SO unprepared I felt awful. Her first outfit was swinging from her 😆 My partner went out on a mad dash on Monday for some tiny babygrows but God I forgot how fast the clothes get used. So we’ve got a few to get us through now 😆 My friend also bought us a Mcdonald’s as a birth gift and my sister bought us a pasta bake! Who needs gifts for the baby when you’ve got food!!!

Thanks for making me so welcome 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 16

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Just poking my head in to say hi. Baby Raspberry was born yesterday and he’s a little dream 🥰

Does anyone have any tips on getting baby to suck? We had it yesterday but with so many interfering hca’s and midwives overnight it’s like he’s forgotten how to do it. He can latch but he will suck once or twice and just sit there. Getting really frustrated now because we’ve had to syringe colostrum for him when yesterday he was feeding fine 🙁

• Heart

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
It was my first Mother’s Day today and it was sooo lush. Daycare made cute card and photo of my baby holding a happy Mother’s Day sign up and he has the biggest grin in it. I cried, it’s my favourite card ever.. 🥹🥹

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Thank you everyone, the foot, bum, back, head method and then hand on his belly seems to have worked because he’s currently having his first sleep in his Moses basket 🥰

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
So last night when I came on and said I had to stay in hospital - about an hour later they said I could go home! I’d only had my emergency section at 1:27am and we were told we can go home at 8pm and we were gone by 9:30. They did make us wait a while because they put on all the paperwork that she is a boy. She is definitely a she 😅 But anyway last night was quite tough, a part of me wishes we stayed in hospital cos I didn’t feel ready to be at home! We stayed downstairs and at about 4am I really struggled getting upstairs to go to the loo 😬 I’ve just been doing little and often, and keeping on top of my pain relief. Midwife came round and I had a little cry - just because the section was a shock and unexpected and very painful (ended up being put to sleep cos I could feel it) but I’m enjoying baby cuddles and my partner is being great. Hope I perk up soon!!

Thank you for all of your advice, I’ve took all of it on board!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
So last night when I came on and said I had to stay in hospital - about an hour later they said I could go home! I’d only had my emergency section at 1:27am and we were told we can go home at 8pm and we were gone by 9:30. They did make us wait a while because they put on all the paperwork that she is a boy. She is definitely a she 😅 But anyway last night was quite tough, a part of me wishes we stayed in hospital cos I didn’t feel ready to be at home! We stayed downstairs and at about 4am I really struggled getting upstairs to go to the loo 😬 I’ve just been doing little and often, and keeping on top of my pain relief. Midwife came round and I had a little cry - just because the section was a shock and unexpected and very painful (ended up being put to sleep cos I could feel it) but I’m enjoying baby cuddles and my partner is being great. Hope I perk up soon!!

Thank you for all of your advice, I’ve took all of it on board!
Congratulations! You've been through a lot so I'm glad you've got support, and although it's tough try to do as little as possible for a few days so your body can crack on with healing ❤
---
Baby bandit turned one yesterday! We had a little party at home and he was so excited by everything ❤ absolutely exhausted today so we're having a quiet day at home playing with his new toys! I can't believe my little baby is one 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Nosysamsie

Chatty Member
Woke up so happy I could cry 🤦‍♀️
Little one slept from 6.30pm to 6.30am, in her own cot, without waking once!! 🎉🎉
After a week of horrid sleep thanks to screaming & ending up co-sleeping (HA!) I've woke up feeling like a new woman. Granted I have work tonight & I'm gonna be knackered coz it's been a 6.30am start, but woohoo for actual sleep!!! (Albeit only 6.5 hours of sleep thanks to a cough and checking she was ok because I'm used to waking up multiple times a night now 🤣🤦‍♀️)

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Spencerskates

VIP Member
The back to work conversations just prove that there’s no right or wrong and you’ll find what works best for you and your family!

For me, I think I’d feel happier about working if I didn’t resent my job and the way I was treated through my pregnancy and maternity so much. But like another poster said, I have no real career aspirations and my goal in life has always been to be a Mum, and that feels stronger after a TTC struggle and difficult pregnancy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14