New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby L is picking some stuff up fairly quickly but I wouldn't trust him with any fruit chopping at the moment 😂 although god I am influenced by those little knife cutters

He does occasionally start putting the mega blocks back in the bag but only when he's in the mood. Once he sat quietly while I passed them to him and one by one he put the whole lot into the bag. Mr L saw this and tipped them back out again thinking he'd solved the rest of the evenings entertainment, and the baby promptly crawled off 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Actually Mr L also spent longer feeding baby L than I did as well, because it's faster and less messy 😬 but he is on team self feeding now and we try to only help right at the end.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions but just to say we are in a similar boat!
---

6 weeks is the absolute trenches honestly. I think things started to feel better for us after around 8 week,s as the shock of coming home from hospital wore off and we got more used to life with a newborn. It is so hard, just do what you need to get through the day ♥

Hahhahahaha yes, we get babbling, screeching, all sorts. And lots of emphatic "AH".
Thanks! We had yet another 'discussion' yesterday as OH was getting some food on the spoon, offering it to LO and then pulling it away or moving the plate away as soon as he moved his hands towards it (his current thing is to take the food off the spoon with his hands).

Had our first proper early morning today in a very long time. Not sure if it's teething, vaccines, a regression or learning a new skill (he's so close to walking) but he was up and babbling at about 4:30am which escalated to crying by 5:30am. OH stomped around trying to rock him back to sleep and eventually I got up and pointed out he probably either needed some calpol or a nappy change. Did both of those and he kept crying. Tried feeding him and he was still upset. In the end about quarter past 6 OH gave up and put him in our bed next to me to get ready for work and he fell asleep after a couple of rounds of peekaboo with the covers. I am knackered and I got to go back to sleep at 7:45 when he took him to nursery/went to work. God knows what I'll do when I have to get up at half 6 and go to work myself. I am beyond awful on low sleep, I've been sleeping really poorly recently anyway and I absolutely hate the feeling of being sleep deprived. I'd rather be in pain or feel sick than tired 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 4
100%! One of the reasons I loved working with kids is because of the routine to the day, however night time is another ball game 🤣
Ahh both of ours are 1 next week!! And same to the 3am feed club. That’s a good shout, I think I’ll top him up with a snack 20mins before bath in the hope it helps. May it be over with soon 🙏🙏 glad to know I’m not alone but also sorry you’re dealing with that side of things too!
Fingers crossed the supper works!
She has her evening meal so early at nursery I'm not surprised at 3am she wants something to eat.

Same! I hate that she doesn’t just want to sleep when I need her too and I have to be flexible with what I do. That makes me sound awful as a mother but my controlling brain wants to get through my to do list 🙈
The lack of night sleep is screwing over my to do list. Today I had a very productive day planned. All I managed was the shop, lunch & a nap 🤣

Reactions: 3
Went to a baby class today…. Another mum there lecturing others about organic food and how they and their baby will only eat organic…. Mean while baby wotsit has canned macaroni and cheese tonight because I’m done today, my husband seems to be having some kinda breakdown and well I just cba! Now im feeling kinda guilty as he scoffs into it!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Went to a baby class today…. Another mum there lecturing others about organic food and how they and their baby will only eat organic…. Mean while baby wotsit has canned macaroni and cheese tonight because I’m done today, my husband seems to be having some kinda breakdown and well I just cba! Now im feeling kinda guilty as he scoffs into it!
Wow she must feel soooooo superior to the rest of us 😂 organic is great, but not always feasible is it. Her kid will be eating McDonalds in a few years anyways 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wow she must feel soooooo superior to the rest of us 😂 organic is great, but not always feasible is it. Her kid will be eating McDonalds in a few years anyways 😂
I’m telling myself I’m sure Heinz macaroni is defiantly 100% organic!

A fed baby is all that matters. Ignore twatish people like that. Their kid will still be chowing down on mcdonalds like every other at any given opportunity

Reactions: 6
My kid was chewing on a bit of toast crust earlier. She had breakfast at my parents this morning, so I'm assuming (hoping) it's from yesterday. God knows where she found it because I thought I'd swept up last night.

My 2 love tinned macaroni cheese. I mix peas and sweetcorn in sometimes, or some ham when I'm really pushing the boat out.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
All kids go through phases, but they’re the children that will definitely go through a beige phase IMO…. It’s all about balance!
Wednesday is my most manic eve - pasta and a stir in sauce here with cheese. Ate it all - he’s happy, I’m happy!

Reactions: 5
Definitely don't feel guilty, and what a preachy wanker that mum is!! Are you doing ok in general? I hope you're safe ❤

Reactions: 3
Definitely don't feel guilty, and what a preachy wanker that mum is!! Are you doing ok in general? I hope you're safe ❤
I’m ok thanks. Just full of cold, tired. Baby wotsits sleep has gone to poop.

My husband I believe is going through some depression/mental health struggles. He’s full of anger. Is getting worked up constantly about the smallest of things. The second I don’t feel safe, I will be outta here with baby wotsit…. I’m really trying to get him to see he needs to accept some help, but it’s kinda balls in his court now.

Baby wotsit did have a side of vegetables and had a quite healthy breakfast and lunch so I’m letting myself off.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m ok thanks. Just full of cold, tired. Baby wotsits sleep has gone to poop.

My husband I believe is going through some depression/mental health struggles. He’s full of anger. Is getting worked up constantly about the smallest of things. The second I don’t feel safe, I will be outta here with baby wotsit…. I’m really trying to get him to see he needs to accept some help, but it’s kinda balls in his court now.

Baby wotsit did have a side of vegetables and had a quite healthy breakfast and lunch so I’m letting myself off.
You've got so much going on right now, I'm so sorry 😔 you should absolutely let yourself off - babies need variety, and it's ok to give them slightly less healthy things as long as they're safe for them! Mac & cheese is carbs and dairy which are great for them 💪🏻

Well done for trying to nudge your husband to get help whilst also keeping yourself safe - I know your family aren't local but if you can get there if things get too difficult or you worry you or baby might be at risk then please do, they'll look after you and give you space to breathe and make plans ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@WotsitG1 I've never thought of giving LittleWC canned mac and cheese, I'm sure he'd love it! His favourite thing is cheese and tomato pinwheels, which I am telling myself is healthy because it's homemade and puff pastry. Definitely not pizza in another format. Nope.

• Haha
@DiscoBiscuit love that idea of adding peas ect into the mac and cheese! Maybe pinching this idea. It’s just a great back up dinner for them Iv had enough kinda days!

@Pontiac_Bandit Thankyou. I opened up to a friend who’s been a friend of my family for years so very trusted…. About how husband has been acting and she’s said me and baby wotsit can go to her anytime, and she’s 10 mins down the road. So I feel good for having done that, and having somewhere to go if it all gets too much. I really hope he can seek some help. It doesn’t excuse the way he’s acted of late but I think just a run of situations have got on top of him and it’s boiling over.

@WeepingCassandra we love a cheese and tomato pinwheel too! Current fav is cream cheese and broccoli with a tiny bit of mozerella. So handy to have in the freezer…. And yessss totally healthy as it’s home made!

• Heart
Hate people like this! Our weekly shop costs £150 as it is let alone if we tried organic too!! hole 😂 baby Ro loves a dinner of beans on toast, in fact* it’s his favourite food 😂

I just hit my head with our car boot and omg the egg I have on my forehead right now…. child birth wasn’t as bad as this (it deffo was but I’m being dramatic’

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@DiscoBiscuit love that idea of adding peas ect into the mac and cheese! Maybe pinching this idea. It’s just a great back up dinner for them Iv had enough kinda days!

@Pontiac_Bandit Thankyou. I opened up to a friend who’s been a friend of my family for years so very trusted…. About how husband has been acting and she’s said me and baby wotsit can go to her anytime, and she’s 10 mins down the road. So I feel good for having done that, and having somewhere to go if it all gets too much. I really hope he can seek some help. It doesn’t excuse the way he’s acted of late but I think just a run of situations have got on top of him and it’s boiling over.

@WeepingCassandra we love a cheese and tomato pinwheel too! Current fav is cream cheese and broccoli with a tiny bit of mozerella. So handy to have in the freezer…. And yessss totally healthy as it’s home made!
That's amazing, well done for taking the difficult step of opening up ❤ and I'm so glad she's supportive and can be a safe place for you. Poor mental health can make people act out of character but like you say it doesn't excuse any abusive behaviour (emotional or physical). I hope he gets help for yours and baby Wotsit's sake, but if not you now know you have options and hope ❤

Reactions: 2
Hate people like this! Our weekly shop costs £150 as it is let alone if we tried organic too!! hole 😂 baby Ro loves a dinner of beans on toast, in fact* it’s his favourite food 😂
I swear we have the same child! My little ones fave is beans on toast with a side of scrambled egg.

@WotsitG1 you've inspired me to add canned mac & cheese to my food order! Little one will love it I reckon. And @WeepingCassandra I've also added pinwheel ingredients too. Cheers guys!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.