New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so random so scroll on if it’s too weird.

TF is CMPA which we found out in Jan/Feb when I’d been back to work a few months. I had been trying to pump but gave up quite quickly as was so busy I couldn’t work it in to my schedule and people at work were being dickheads about the wellbeing rooms where I needed to pump. Anyway, she was always combifed pretty much during my mat leave so we just switched her to 100% bottles fairly quickly and I didn’t really look back re BFing - she was never bothered about BFing and used to push it away, but now I’m wondering if she was doing that because she didn’t like my milk because she knew it made her ill.

on reflection I feel bad I didn’t spot the signs and didn’t adjust my diet for her allergy… and I am wondering if it would be strange to try out a dairy free diet and pump for her now? Turns out I haven’t fully dried up so pumping might be something I can do. For full transparency I BFed my eldest till she was 5.5 so I guess I feel like my BFing journey with TF got cut very short. Also I didn’t enjoy it so thinking maybe pumping would be better over all anyway.

WWYD?
As another mum of a cmpa baby who stopped pumping as I always thought my milk made his reflux worse but he has multiple allergies so of course was sick more on mine than just 1 allergy (milk formula) I sooo wish I could go back even to pumping for him but definitely to breastfeeding once his tie got sorted.
It’s such a horrible feeling not knowing what we know now so I completely sympathise. Personally I would start pumping again but dairy free.
if we are lucky enough to have another baby I will 100% cut each allergen out if our next has any signs.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks for all the BFing advice and links the other day. We seem to be back on track. I’d probably have given up after the interfering from the hospital if I hadn’t had such good support on here.

It’s now 6am and I’ve spent the past hour googling newborn poo. I guess this is life for me now 😅
[

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
@raspberryjuice so pleased that it’s working out for you!
I’m not looking forward to the meconium stage again 🙈
I was completely out of it and couldn’t move or bend over when baby watermelon did her 2 meconium poops so my partner did it. He’d completely forgot from the first time (probably cos i done that one) he was like ‘is it meant to look like this??!!’ Think he’s traumatised and whenever she poos he expects it to be like that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Mr Raspberry did the meconium poos because I was stuck in bed and couldn’t move. It was an absolute disaster. Hes never changed a nappy so as well as being horrified to open the nappy and see all the black tarry gunk he also needed talking through every step including which way round the nappy goes and how to open wipes 😂 the first attempt he did on the hospital bed and the sheet was covered. The second attempt he did in the crib and Baby R kept sticking his feet in it, it would go on the sheet, Mr R would clean him off and then let him put his foot in it again. It really looked like we’d just left the baby butt naked in the crib to poo everywhere by the time he finished. It was all over the sheet, the side of the crib, the blanket, Mr R’s arm, his watch, his top and he got through nearly a whole pack of wipes 😂 luckily his Mum was there for nappy 3 and could show him how to do it rather than me trying to talk him through it. Im already looking forward to watching him do the first poo explosion 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ahh I remember the first nappy and outfit change at the hospital 😆 for some reason in a mad dash my mum grabbed all of the little outfits for the hospital bag and not the easy onesies so me and mr fudge were trying to put on these little trousers on baby fudge and could not do it for ages🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What's the rule of thumb when deciding to move baby into their own room? Is it rolling, spinning in circles or pulling themselves up? I want to keep her in with me (in the next to me crib) for as long as I can but shes started rolling and spinning around but she can't pull herself up or sit unaided yet.

Reactions: 2
Ahh I remember the first nappy and outfit change at the hospital 😆 for some reason in a mad dash my mum grabbed all of the little outfits for the hospital bag and not the easy onesies so me and mr fudge were trying to put on these little trousers on baby fudge and could not do it for ages🤣
trousers at a day old? 🤣 That’s like chilling at home with your jeans on!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
trousers at a day old? 🤣 That’s like chilling at home with your jeans on!
I know poor bugger his first outfit was trousers aswell 😆 all drowning him aswell as he was so small!

What's the rule of thumb when deciding to move baby into their own room? Is it rolling, spinning in circles or pulling themselves up? I want to keep her in with me (in the next to me crib) for as long as I can but shes started rolling and spinning around but she can't pull herself up or sit unaided yet.
Im thinking the same, I think baby fudge is ready but im not ready to not have him in with us😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just had my c section dressing off 😩 It was so painful but maybe I’m just a wimp 🤣 Poor baby had to get her foot pricked 3 times bless her she was so quiet and happy before the midwife came. And she’s had a test for her jaundice so I’ll be on edge all morning until we hear back from the midwife on whether she has to go back to hospital or not

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I moved baby boy from next to me to travel cot when he started getting onto his knees and sitting himself up unaided. I left him ro roll over and spin about cos he started doing that at 4 months. I've still got him in with us at 9 months 🤣

Reactions: 4
I've been wondering this too. Baby tuesday is only 5 months so he's not going anywhere yet but he can roll in his crib and gets himself smooshed up in the corner then wakes up and cries. I was thinking maybe he's ok in there til he can sit though? Or he outgrows it which is entirely possible 😂

Reactions: 1
This is so random so scroll on if it’s too weird.

TF is CMPA which we found out in Jan/Feb when I’d been back to work a few months. I had been trying to pump but gave up quite quickly as was so busy I couldn’t work it in to my schedule and people at work were being dickheads about the wellbeing rooms where I needed to pump. Anyway, she was always combifed pretty much during my mat leave so we just switched her to 100% bottles fairly quickly and I didn’t really look back re BFing - she was never bothered about BFing and used to push it away, but now I’m wondering if she was doing that because she didn’t like my milk because she knew it made her ill.

on reflection I feel bad I didn’t spot the signs and didn’t adjust my diet for her allergy… and I am wondering if it would be strange to try out a dairy free diet and pump for her now? Turns out I haven’t fully dried up so pumping might be something I can do. For full transparency I BFed my eldest till she was 5.5 so I guess I feel like my BFing journey with TF got cut very short. Also I didn’t enjoy it so thinking maybe pumping would be better over all anyway.

WWYD?
Honestly, if you are keen to try and don't mind the rigamarole of BFing/pumping then why not?

• Heart
No I lathered on coconut oil and used the buffer to loosen it up and combed very gently. I left any flakes that gave a bit of resistance and used coconut oil and the buffer for a few days and then tried with the comb again. There weren’t many though.
I used this today on his face, with coconut oil first to loosen and it took all the scales away. Thank you!

• Heart
Has anyone’s little one (13 months) gone through a frowning phase? Also a crying if a stranger talks to them phase?
Baby wotsit has started frowning and moving his eyebrows up and down sometimes almost blinking slowly. He’s also started crying if anyone speaks to him that he doesn’t know.

We moved our first into his own room at 5 months because he outgrew his SnuzPod 😂 It was just as well because he had a habit of kicking his legs about in his sleep and it would wake us up 🙄 May have to move baby no.2 sooner as he's almost too big for the SnuzPod. He's 8 weeks tomorrow 😂😂

Reactions: 4
Baby Watermelon passed her jaundice test so she doesn’t have to go back to hospital, thank God! 🙏

My mum and sister came to visit today and my sister took my 4 year old to the park, my partner went to the shops and my Mum tidied up and watched the baby whilst I went and had an everything shower! Feel so refreshed

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Baby Watermelon passed her jaundice test so she doesn’t have to go back to hospital, thank God! 🙏

My mum and sister came to visit today and my sister took my 4 year old to the park, my partner went to the shops and my Mum tidied up and watched the baby whilst I went and had an everything shower! Feel so refreshed
These are exactly the type of visitors you need! 🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is anyone else's baby sleeping a lot more during the heat? She's had floor time/tummy time and sat in her high chair too but she's only had 12oz all day today and I'm just worried she's not eating enough. She's sleeping for longer stretches so her feeds have been very few and far between outside of her normal routine.

• Heart
Is anyone else's baby sleeping a lot more during the heat? She's had floor time/tummy time and sat in her high chair too but she's only had 12oz all day today and I'm just worried she's not eating enough. She's sleeping for longer stretches so her feeds have been very few and far between outside of her normal routine.
Completely normal to sleep more in the heat, we often feel more tired when we are warm :) I would just try and keep her as cool as possible and offer fluids at all times which I’m sure you’re doing ! X

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.