New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whoever recommended sunlight for getting rid of the most poopy of poopy stains (many threads back) - what a top tip ⭐ Two things which I thought I'd have to chuck out are looking poop-free once more!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Whoever recommended sunlight for getting rid of the most poopy of poopy stains (many threads back) - what a top tip ⭐ Two things which I thought I'd have to chuck out are looking poop-free once more!
I always tell everyone this trick (not sure if I’ve mentioned it on these threads though)
My mum told me it when I had my first baby, it works with many good stains too when you get to the weaning stage!

Reactions: 2
me with a 6 month old looking for second hand buggy accessories: why do all of these say they've been chewed/have bite marks

me with a 15 month old: I see

• Haha
Reactions: 18
me with a 6 month old looking for second hand buggy accessories: why do all of these say they've been chewed/have bite marks

me with a 15 month old: I see
it’s like how I once wondered how second hand books for toddlers end up so damaged… I understand the occasional flap getting torn off but my 15m old bites and licks his books 😂

Yesterday he was licking one of his books with a flap so much that the flap just came off 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Has anyone’s little one (13 months) gone through a frowning phase? Also a crying if a stranger talks to them phase?
Baby wotsit has started frowning and moving his eyebrows up and down sometimes almost blinking slowly. He’s also started crying if anyone speaks to him that he doesn’t know.
Baby WC is everyone's best friend but my friends twins went through a similar thing around that age, at that point we were both on maternity leave and I was seeing them weekly and they still cried every time I said hello to them :D

It was my first Mother’s Day today and it was sooo lush. Daycare made cute card and photo of my baby holding a happy Mother’s Day sign up and he has the biggest grin in it. I cried, it’s my favourite card ever.. 🥹🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Baby WC is everyone's best friend but my friends twins went through a similar thing around that age, at that point we were both on maternity leave and I was seeing them weekly and they still cried every time I said hello to them :D
He used to love people, then he went through a phase of just watching and staring at them…. Now he just bursts into tears. Hopefully just abit of a phase then!

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know what day it is after birth that the HV comes out to visit? My midwife did tell me but I’ve forgot lol. Had MW out three times so far

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Bedtimes are becoming the devil!
An hour to get little one to sleep tonight thanks to a 5 minute car nap 😫
And I'm betting it's a false start and I'll be cuddling her again within the hour 😫😫😫

I miss having an evening!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just a heads up...
Lidl have some lovely garden bits for kids at a reasonable price in. The sand and water table has come home with me

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Does anyone have any tips on getting baby to sleep in his Moses basket or next to me? Hes not even a week old yet so trying not to stress too much but as soon as he’s anywhere other than our arms he’s wide awake and just won’t go back to sleep. And as lovely as the cuddles are, at some point soon Mr R is going to be going back to work and I can’t hold him to sleep all night, I’ll need sleep myself. At the moment we just take it in turns to sit up with him because that’s the only way he will get sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone have any tips on getting baby to sleep in his Moses basket or next to me? Hes not even a week old yet so trying not to stress too much but as soon as he’s anywhere other than our arms he’s wide awake and just won’t go back to sleep. And as lovely as the cuddles are, at some point soon Mr R is going to be going back to work and I can’t hold him to sleep all night, I’ll need sleep myself. At the moment we just take it in turns to sit up with him because that’s the only way he will get sleep.
I used to transfer very slowly into the moses basket (think they say feet, bum, back, head) and then hold her for a little bit as she lay in the basket, maybe one free hand on her tummy for a bit then carefully lift my hand away. Are you swaddling?

• Heart
I’ll try that. We have the love to dream swaddles but when I’ve put him down in one it felt like he was leaning too far over as if he was on the side of his arms so I got paranoid that he wasn’t flat on his back and took him out of it 🙈

I’ll try that. We have the love to dream swaddles but when I’ve put him down in one it felt like he was leaning too far over as if he was on the side of his arms so I got paranoid that he wasn’t flat on his back and took him out of it 🙈
Like @WeHadFunRight said, gently lowering from bottom to top and then leaving my hand under his head and patting his side/tummy/chest for a bit before slowly removing worked for us. If the swaddle won't work or you're worried he's too hot, using a blanket like a swaddle but leaving his arms out (i.e. tucking it under his armpits) was a big hit here - baby bandit hated having his arms tucked in but needed the comfort of feeling like he was still being cuddled so it worked well.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Baby Tuesday was the exact same. He didn't really end up going in his basket consistently at nights until he was about 2 months I think. Up until then, we used to take the night in shifts like a military operation, so that we were both getting some guaranteed sleep.

We had more success with the basket than the crib, so started introducing it to him even if he woke up. Eventually we managed to get him in it asleep (good tips above) and he naturally started doing longer stretches - 5 mins, 15 mins, 40 mins and then a couple of hours etc.

• Heart
Our public health nurse told us to put a hot water bottle into the crib and 2 or 3 mins before we put baby in to take it out, you are putting them into a warm crib then it makes it easier for them instead of going from a warm snuggle to a cold sheet

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.