New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do people think about the Chickenpox vaccine? A few people in my NCT group have gone for it and looking at the research it looks like it's not offered in the UK because it's not cost effective for the NHS. However if it saves him a week - 10 days off of nursery and suffering with it, it seems worth paying for?
I would have gone for it with my last child but he got it the week after I made my decision.
Typical 🙈 neither have mine have been particularly poorly with it but you never know how they’ll react and so I think if it helps them in anyway it’s worth it x

Reactions: 2
What do people think about the Chickenpox vaccine? A few people in my NCT group have gone for it and looking at the research it looks like it's not offered in the UK because it's not cost effective for the NHS. However if it saves him a week - 10 days off of nursery and suffering with it, it seems worth paying for?
MM just had her one year jabs and will be getting her chicken pox jab in a month or so. I didn’t appreciate until I looked into it just how much underlying stuff chicken pox can cause, from shingles to that thing Justin Bieber has that causes facial paralysis. Also if she gets it young (as in now) she won’t understand to not scratch and could cause damage. Ultimately I just don’t want her to suffer, it annoys me it’s not offered (even though last year government recommended all one year olds should receive it) because the cost of dealing with shingles etc is more than the £150 cost of the vaccine.

Reactions: 4
Just got 5 to agree to have it so yes. Potentially £300 well spent.

Reactions: 3
My 3y10mo had it when they turned 1. I did lots of research and decided I wanted them to have it due to how poorly I was with Chickenpox (I didn’t catch it until I was 16 and it was horrific!!)

If it helps, they had little to no side effects after both doses and it is given as standard in many countries. The JCVI recommended at the end of the last year that the NHS add it to the childhood vaccination programme so it could be standard here eventually, I think funding is the biggest issue!

Any tips on helping with front to back rolling? She's mastered back to front, but ends up very cross when she can't get herself back where she started. She's managed front to back maybe 3 times in the last two weeks.

Honestly, I end up laughing when she's cross because she's marooned. Mainly because when I right her, she just rolls over again. And so on so forth. I do leave her on her tummy for a few mins each time she does it.

• Heart
Not baby related but Iv given my husband a week to seek help for the way he’s acting. I can’t live with the tension, mood swings and treading on egg shells any more. I feel me and baby wotsit can build a happier life without him if he can’t change.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Not baby related but Iv given my husband a week to seek help for the way he’s acting. I can’t live with the tension, mood swings and treading on egg shells any more. I feel me and baby wotsit can build a happier life without him if he can’t change.
Good for you!!❤

Reactions: 1
Any tips on helping with front to back rolling? She's mastered back to front, but ends up very cross when she can't get herself back where she started. She's managed front to back maybe 3 times in the last two weeks.

Honestly, I end up laughing when she's cross because she's marooned. Mainly because when I right her, she just rolls over again. And so on so forth. I do leave her on her tummy for a few mins each time she does it.
Not really sure, I think there are videos of people helping their kids do it, but mine has taken bloody ages to do any of it.

At 13.5 months TF finally has it in her to roll over during a nappy change - we are making a lot of fuss of her every time bless her. This afternoon I caught her crawling? Shes been walking a month, it’s like she did it just to check it off the list.

Well done you - encouraging him to get help is a good way forward. I hope you’re doing ok xxx

I'm currently on maternity leave, any help how I can earn money while on maternity please
Might not be a stable sort of income but if you’re in the uk look at selling some outgrown baby clothes on vinted? That’s what I’ve been doing but heading back to work early as we just can’t afford it.

Well done, that's a huge step - and well done for putting a deadline on it so he can't keep delaying it! I hope he gets help but if not it's amazing that you know your worth and that you and baby wotsit will be fine without him ❤

Baby Ro has been awake for 3hrs. I am so so so jealous of people who have babies that sleep. And sleep well.

• Heart
What a day yesterday was.
Fevers, crying, so much distress. Got her checked out because she was just so different from her norm & they said that she had an ear infection & think the rash is a viral rash (I'm sick of the pox being a worry now so I'm looking into the jab for it). She has a dose of amoxicillin & then develops a wheeze and hives, so she gets seen again. They decide she doesn't have an ear infection and they think it's all immunisation related.
She then struggles to get to sleep, it's 10pm at this point, I'm ready to cry, hubby is ready to cry, baby is crying & we are all exhausted.
Up and down all night checking on little one making sure she didn't get a fever again and that she wasn't sick again.
Thankfully she finally fell asleep & stayed asleep, she's still sleeping now (which is unheard of). I'm waiting for the GP to open so she can get seen again, because within an hour she went from having an ear infection to not, and to see whether they recommend any antibiotics or not.

Health anxiety is through the roof 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Every time I try to put baby down he cries, even if he was sound asleep and snoring in my arms. Currently sat in my bra and pj bottoms, I've not eaten breakfast, there is a pile of laundry bigger than me that needs sorting and I feel a migraine coming on. He's been fed and winded, has a clean nappy, had his tummy medicine, why's he being such a head?! :cry:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Every time I try to put baby down he cries, even if he was sound asleep and snoring in my arms. Currently sat in my bra and pj bottoms, I've not eaten breakfast, there is a pile of laundry bigger than me that needs sorting and I feel a migraine coming on. He's been fed and winded, has a clean nappy, had his tummy medicine, why's he being such a head?! :cry:
Have you got a baby carrier you can use? Some days the only way I can get things done is if baby fudge is in the carrier!

Trust me, the laundry will wait. You can paw through it to find what you need when you need it! There will come a day where you can put him down and walk away whilst he carries on sleeping. He's about 5/6 weeks right? He still thinks he's part of you and needs the comfort of being near you. This too shall pass x

Have you got a baby carrier you can use? Some days the only way I can get things done is if baby fudge is in the carrier!
I have but he hates it. Which is weird considering he's currently asleep on my chest so it's not like he'd be in a different position. Swear he's just trolling me now.
---
Trust me, the laundry will wait. You can paw through it to find what you need when you need it! There will come a day where you can put him down and walk away whilst he carries on sleeping. He's about 5/6 weeks right? He still thinks he's part of you and needs the comfort of being near you. This too shall pass x
Yeah, 6 weeks now. Would be good to be able to at least get one wash on, I've run out of clean pants 🤣 Normally I'm quite happy to have all the cuddles but I'm getting hangry 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi all I haven't been on here in forever. Baby geegee is 11 months and fully crawling now but how do I stop her banging her head or is this just part of it? We have a large foam mat bur she doesn't stay on it and is trying to pull to stand? Her head is covered in bruises and marks and I'm a bit concerned she's going to hurt herself badly.

• Heart
Hi all I haven't been on here in forever. Baby geegee is 11 months and fully crawling now but how do I stop her banging her head or is this just part of it? We have a large foam mat bur she doesn't stay on it and is trying to pull to stand? Her head is covered in bruises and marks and I'm a bit concerned she's going to hurt herself badly.
we’ve had a few bumps and bruises along the way but they do get more stable ! What is it she’s banging her head on? can you try baby proof the area a little bit ?

I think our mat was long gone by 11months because as you say they wont stay on it! As soon as they can crawl they just want to explore!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.