New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
my son has started self soothing at 4 months, it’s so bittersweet though as much as i am happy im not living with my back on fire from rocking him constantly in my arms it’s like the first step of him not needing me so much 😩😩

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh my goodness doesn't a full night sleep do wonders! Baby flower had conjunctivitis last month, started this month with tonsillitis, and she's finally finally got over both and has slept through 2 nights now! So happy I could cry 😂 she is however now 11 months old and her NINTH tooth is coming through which I think is ridiculous to be honest, give me a break kid 😅

In other news, I've been exclusively pumping for almost the year now and I am so ready to finish, but how do you go about weaning off pumping? I'd ideally like to finish by the time she's one so we can switch to cows milk and she doesn't seem to have any allergies so hoping there's no issues but have a bit of freezer stock in case!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh my goodness doesn't a full night sleep do wonders! Baby flower had conjunctivitis last month, started this month with tonsillitis, and she's finally finally got over both and has slept through 2 nights now! So happy I could cry 😂 she is however now 11 months old and her NINTH tooth is coming through which I think is ridiculous to be honest, give me a break kid 😅

In other news, I've been exclusively pumping for almost the year now and I am so ready to finish, but how do you go about weaning off pumping? I'd ideally like to finish by the time she's one so we can switch to cows milk and she doesn't seem to have any allergies so hoping there's no issues but have a bit of freezer stock in case!
I limited pumping sessions to 10 mins and started cutting down 1 session per week. I did it very gradually as I didn’t want a massive hormone drop! I eventually stopped getting anything from one side and less than an ounce from the other.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Firstly that is amazing that you've pumped for so long! I was so over it by 4 months 🤣
Definitely do it gradually because I found the engorgement real at times and was so tempted to pump for relief. I agree with cutting down time first and then sessions

• Heart
Reactions: 4
my son has started self soothing at 4 months, it’s so bittersweet though as much as i am happy im not living with my back on fire from rocking him constantly in my arms it’s like the first step of him not needing me so much 😩😩
He will always need you 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does he want to have a chat to my 5 month old because I'd also like to not have back pain 24/7 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Baby Lava can’t stand being rocked since about 6 weeks. He’s now 10 weeks. He also hates cradle hold and only likes being held so he can see over my shoulder lol. His main comfort is the boob (doing laid back feed or cross cradles if im out and about) but honestly know I need to break this association as it makes me the only person who can do anything. He has started trying to suck his thumb but the silly moo can’t always coordinate his thumb into his mouth so gets even more hysterical. Hoping this helps once he can otherwise I’m thinking trying to rock him while feeding (if possible lol) to build in another layer of comfort?

• Heart
Bit of a silly question but when you're putting sun cream on babies to go to nursery, do you also put it on their face? I worry it would get rubbed off with wiping his nose etc. We pretty much kept baby L out of the sun last summer and I haven't had to think about it yet 😬😬😂

He will always need you 🥰
About once a week I wail to my husband "the baby doesn't need me any more" 😭😭 because he has learned to sit up/hold a toy/feed himself and he says "well I am 40 and I still need my Mum" 😂

• Heart
So last night when I came on and said I had to stay in hospital - about an hour later they said I could go home! I’d only had my emergency section at 1:27am and we were told we can go home at 8pm and we were gone by 9:30. They did make us wait a while because they put on all the paperwork that she is a boy. She is definitely a she 😅 But anyway last night was quite tough, a part of me wishes we stayed in hospital cos I didn’t feel ready to be at home! We stayed downstairs and at about 4am I really struggled getting upstairs to go to the loo 😬 I’ve just been doing little and often, and keeping on top of my pain relief. Midwife came round and I had a little cry - just because the section was a shock and unexpected and very painful (ended up being put to sleep cos I could feel it) but I’m enjoying baby cuddles and my partner is being great. Hope I perk up soon!!

Thank you for all of your advice, I’ve took all of it on board!
Congratulations! You've been through a lot so I'm glad you've got support, and although it's tough try to do as little as possible for a few days so your body can crack on with healing ❤
---
Baby bandit turned one yesterday! We had a little party at home and he was so excited by everything ❤ absolutely exhausted today so we're having a quiet day at home playing with his new toys! I can't believe my little baby is one 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Congratulations! You've been through a lot so I'm glad you've got support, and although it's tough try to do as little as possible for a few days so your body can crack on with healing ❤
---
Baby bandit turned one yesterday! We had a little party at home and he was so excited by everything ❤ absolutely exhausted today so we're having a quiet day at home playing with his new toys! I can't believe my little baby is one 😭
Happy birthday for yesterday baby bandit! 🎉🎉🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Bit of a silly question but when you're putting sun cream on babies to go to nursery, do you also put it on their face? I worry it would get rubbed off with wiping his nose etc. We pretty much kept baby L out of the sun last summer and I haven't had to think about it yet 😬😬😂

About once a week I wail to my husband "the baby doesn't need me any more" 😭😭 because he has learned to sit up/hold a toy/feed himself and he says "well I am 40 and I still need my Mum" 😂
I do, she ends up looking like a glazed donut

And awwwww Mr L!!!!!! That’s so sweet!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Finally got baby L's 1 year review done ... HV rang at 5.30 last night asking if we could come in today at 2pm!! I guess someone suddenly realised 15.5 months was a bit late for a 12 month review 😂 he's 13.2kg which explains why my back hurts

Thank you! ❤

Just booked his one year jabs and the only time they can do is the Friday before he starts his settling in week at nursery - that could be interesting 🥴😖
Lol we had similar, baby L's jabs were part way through his settling in week, which was also the same week as his birthday 😂 there's a lot happening around the 1 year mark!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Finally got baby L's 1 year review done ... HV rang at 5.30 last night asking if we could come in today at 2pm!! I guess someone suddenly realised 15.5 months was a bit late for a 12 month review 😂 he's 13.2kg which explains why my back hurts

Lol we had similar, baby L's jabs were part way through his settling in week, which was also the same week as his birthday 😂 there's a lot happening around the 1 year mark!
How did he get on with the jabs, and with going into nursery while recovering?!

Glad you got the review but bloody hell that's lax of them haha!

Thank you @WeepingCassandra !!

I’m just in the baby bubble atm 😆 We didn’t think she would be so small - she came at 36 weeks 4 days so she’s just classed as prem, she’s so tiny, 5lb 1oz!!! My sister came round this evening with loads of tiny clothes we were SO unprepared I felt awful. Her first outfit was swinging from her 😆 My partner went out on a mad dash on Monday for some tiny babygrows but God I forgot how fast the clothes get used. So we’ve got a few to get us through now 😆 My friend also bought us a Mcdonald’s as a birth gift and my sister bought us a pasta bake! Who needs gifts for the baby when you’ve got food!!!

Thanks for making me so welcome 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.