New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely traumatic parenting moment yesterday! Don’t read ahead if you’re eating…

Baby Skates was just in a nappy and tshirt, chilling in his walker while I washed the bottles. I’d heard him do a poo but finished rinsing the bottles then went to go change him. Imagine the horror on my face when I realised that it had not only completely leaked out of the nappy and all down his legs and the floor, but that he’d then been standing in it and spreading it around the carpet🫠🫠

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Absolutely traumatic parenting moment yesterday! Don’t read ahead if you’re eating…

Baby Skates was just in a nappy and tshirt, chilling in his walker while I washed the bottles. I’d heard him do a poo but finished rinsing the bottles then went to go change him. Imagine the horror on my face when I realised that it had not only completely leaked out of the nappy and all down his legs and the floor, but that he’d then been standing in it and spreading it around the carpet🫠🫠
Arghhh!!! Any joy cleaning the carpet?!

Oh no! I have the I Love Lucy grape stomping scene in my head (from Pretty Woman) 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Literally my worst nightmare 😭😭 thoughts and prayers

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Praying for your carpet @Spencerskates - at least it'll be a fun story to tell at his 18th XD

Nursery have phoned to say LittleWC hasn't napped at all today because of his teeth 'but seems happy enough'. Ok? Do I go get him early or just let them manage it? I'm leaning towards just letting them keep him until his normal home time of 5pm, and bringing bed time forward a little.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@fairylights2000 Amazing!! Go baby lights!!

Anyone got any top tips for a baby who suddenly refuses to have a tooth brush anywhere near them?
Thank you @WotsitG1 @Pontiac_Bandit I'm so proud 🥹

The only thing that reliably works for teeth, about 75% of the time, is one of us holding the baby upside down (he loves it and laughs his head off) and and the other going in with the brush. It's risky though because we do it after he's had a bottle 😬 He just adapts to everything else we try.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
14 month old keeps randomly waking up at 3am on a Thursday night / Friday morning I don’t know why this is the 6th week. Hubby works in the office on a Friday so of course she’s completely messing up our routines he’s currently downstairs on the sofa

• Heart
Reactions: 2
14 month old keeps randomly waking up at 3am on a Thursday night / Friday morning I don’t know why this is the 6th week. Hubby works in the office on a Friday so of course she’s completely messing up our routines he’s currently downstairs on the sofa
I have no suggestions but we’re the same every night 🥲🥲🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Same here too 🙃 we turned 15 months yesterday (how?!😢) and the last 2 nights he hasnt woke overnight in the first time in weeks 😫 no advice but you are not alone!

• Heart
@fairylights2000 Amazing!! Go baby lights!!

Anyone got any top tips for a baby who suddenly refuses to have a tooth brush anywhere near them?
We have to use two brushes - one for him to hold and chew, one for me to brush with. Making him laugh helps but some attempts are more successful than others lol

@fairylights2000 That is brilliant how you brush his teeth! The things we do right!

@Tifastrife Two is a good idea he looks chomping on his tooth brush so I might be able to sneak in there. Some nights he’s alright with it and happily opens his mouth up… lately it’s a nope. Wonder if there’s teeth on the move in there

• Haha
Same here too 🙃 we turned 15 months yesterday (how?!😢) and the last 2 nights he hasnt woke overnight in the first time in weeks 😫 no advice but you are not alone!
I just don’t get it how does she know it’s Thursday night and let’s kick off 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Those with walkers…. Were they able to stand up unaided for an amount of time still before they walked…. Or did it happen after furniture cruising. Baby wotsit has been happily furniture cruising and using walker for months…. But will only stand completely unaided for a few seconds. Feel like he’s no where near walking

• Heart
Those with walkers…. Were they able to stand up unaided for an amount of time still before they walked…. Or did it happen after furniture cruising. Baby wotsit has been happily furniture cruising and using walker for months…. But will only stand completely unaided for a few seconds. Feel like he’s no where near walking
He sounds exactly like baby L! If nursery hadn't said he did some steps yesterday we'd be in the same position. Happily cruising or driving his walker round the living room but only standing for a few seconds. I'm trying to encourage walking instead of crawling if we are moving round the house by holding his hands, it is ruining my back.

I got overexcited and bought him some shoes when he started sofa surfing back in January, he's never worn them and I bet they are too small now 😂

Yes, both of mine practiced standing up by themselves from the middle of the floor first before they took steps. Literally the only textbook thing TF has done tbf. TF cruised for at least 2 months before she attempted any independent steps - did a couple of steps at 11 months then nothing again until her 1st birthday which is common as I think they test if they feel they can do it yet or not.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.