New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg she won’t be rocked, she’s like a ferret trying to wriggle and escape from my arms 🤣
Same, baby L does what I call his angry cat impersonation if I try to rock him back to sleep in the night, I think he knows that it means I have to put him down (otherwise I'll drop him) so he can make a beeline for his toy box 😬😬 I would be impressed by his ingenuity but not at 2.45 am please

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The last week or so of getting TF to sleep at night have been hell. She used to have her bottle then snuggle down to sleep with a cuddle. Currently she’s throwing herself about into all sorts of yoga positions, she’s been bouncing like a mentalist and wagging her finger in my face. It’s like looking after someone who’s just had their first drink.

What does your bedtime routine look like, whether you cosleep or not? If you put baby in their cot I assume they’re awake? How do you get them to lie down? How old is your baby?

She’s currently headbutting my knee and I can’t take much more of this.
Baby burrito doesn’t like being rocked anymore either, about 30 mins before bedtime I lay him on my bed with white noise on and a projector (red light). I lie next to him and give him a muslin to hold and keep popping his dummy in. When he’s sleepy enough I transfer him into the next to me and he nods off. Not sure what we’re going to do when he’s in his cot in his own room 🙈

• Heart
Baby Rita is almost 2 and I still have to lie on the floor next to her cot until she falls asleep, my mum thinks I’m mad but I literally don’t know how to not do it 😂 if I leave the room she’s literally stood up screaming for me and then it takes twice as long to calm her down before sleep

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The last week or so of getting TF to sleep at night have been hell. She used to have her bottle then snuggle down to sleep with a cuddle. Currently she’s throwing herself about into all sorts of yoga positions, she’s been bouncing like a mentalist and wagging her finger in my face. It’s like looking after someone who’s just had their first drink.

What does your bedtime routine look like, whether you cosleep or not? If you put baby in their cot I assume they’re awake? How do you get them to lie down? How old is your baby?

She’s currently headbutting my knee and I can’t take much more of this.
We do the same every bedtime routine each night, but adjust timings based on when she woke up, what her naps have been like & how tired she is.
Bath, calming music whilst she gets her PJs on, bottle, cuddle to sleep (although she is normally asleep when she's taking her bottle), and put her down in her cot.
Although the past 2 nights she's been a nightmare & we have had to co-sleep to get any sleep but we think she's struggled with cows milk so have put her back on formula today to see if it makes a difference

Reactions: 1
Same, baby L does what I call his angry cat impersonation if I try to rock him back to sleep in the night, I think he knows that it means I have to put him down (otherwise I'll drop him) so he can make a beeline for his toy box 😬😬 I would be impressed by his ingenuity but not at 2.45 am please
Yes, she’s like “wtf are you doing?!”

I think she’s been hungry, I had to take her back downstairs to get more milk, I set her down while I did it and she ran off to go and bang the one cupboard without a child lock. I mean, what a little sh*t! I’ve been bailing on her bedtime for the last week because I don’t have the patience and my husband has been doing it but I couldn’t put it off for ever.

• Heart
Baby wotsit is still fed bottle to sleep… sometimes if he doesn’t fall asleep on bottle I’ll rock him to sleep. Know I need to change this because of teeth. He’s book, bath and teeth, bottle and bed. He’s currently still on formula before bed as we are slowly changing over to cows milk…. First time I went cold turkey he was very constipated.

Reactions: 1
Woke up so happy I could cry 🤦‍♀️
Little one slept from 6.30pm to 6.30am, in her own cot, without waking once!! 🎉🎉
After a week of horrid sleep thanks to screaming & ending up co-sleeping (HA!) I've woke up feeling like a new woman. Granted I have work tonight & I'm gonna be knackered coz it's been a 6.30am start, but woohoo for actual sleep!!! (Albeit only 6.5 hours of sleep thanks to a cough and checking she was ok because I'm used to waking up multiple times a night now 🤣🤦‍♀️)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
KW things.. our 15month old has slept in our bed every night for the last month and KW is blaming being late for work on the fact baby woke up late today 😂 did he not consider that maybe he’s just a knob for not just getting out of bed sooner instead 🙄😂

• Haha
  • Heart
KW things.. our 15month old has slept in our bed every night for the last month and KW is blaming being late for work on the fact baby woke up late today 😂 did he not consider that maybe he’s just a knob for not just getting out of bed sooner instead 🙄😂
Haha imagine telling your boss/colleagues sorry I'm late for work because my baby didn't wake me up 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What are you giving your little ones for lunches…. Finding it hard to think of easy lunch ideas! Seems to have cheesey beans, cheesey eggs or cheesey sandwich!

What are you giving your little ones for lunches…. Finding it hard to think of easy lunch ideas! Seems to have cheesey beans, cheesey eggs or cheesey sandwich!
I tend to do sandwiches, quiches, egg muffins, omelette, recently it's been porridge because that's all she would eat. Baked potatoes, potato skins are a hit too. But tbh my little one would eat beans on toast every meal if we gave it her too

I tend to do sandwiches, quiches, egg muffins, omelette, recently it's been porridge because that's all she would eat. Baked potatoes, potato skins are a hit too. But tbh my little one would eat beans on toast every meal if we gave it her too
Thanks. Sounds similar to our lunches. He seems to have the same few breakfasts, porridge or weetabix purely because I know he will eat it. Everytime Iv put in effort he’s refused it

Really struggling with lunch and dinner atm. LO has decided he doesn’t like spag bol now which is usually his fave and could guarantee he’d eat it 😅 now he’ll have half a portion if that and refuse anymore. We are never organised enough for dinner for him to be able to eat with us as well, we usually eat quite late and he eats at about 5-5:30. Feel like we are relying on pouches more than we should be at this age because we can’t think of what to give him 🙃 he won’t really eat sandwiches and when he’s had toast before he doesn’t eat much of it. Tried giving ham sandwiches last week and he ate about a quarter of a slice of bread if that 🤣
---
Also any recommendations for cutlery for 1 year olds, we use the bibado dipit spoons but he doesn’t really feed himself. He prefers me to do it 🙃 I’m not sure what happens at nursery if he is feeding himself. We’ve always tried to give finger food at each meal so he can feed himself which he is good at but when we give stuff like spag bol he won’t feed himself.

Thanks. Sounds similar to our lunches. He seems to have the same few breakfasts, porridge or weetabix purely because I know he will eat it. Everytime Iv put in effort he’s refused it
We stick to the same few breakfasts. Either porridge, weetabix, pancakes or eggs or toast with a topper (avocado, cream cheese, peanut butter).

Really struggling with lunch and dinner atm. LO has decided he doesn’t like spag bol now which is usually his fave and could guarantee he’d eat it 😅 now he’ll have half a portion if that and refuse anymore. We are never organised enough for dinner for him to be able to eat with us as well, we usually eat quite late and he eats at about 5-5:30. Feel like we are relying on pouches more than we should be at this age because we can’t think of what to give him 🙃 he won’t really eat sandwiches and when he’s had toast before he doesn’t eat much of it. Tried giving ham sandwiches last week and he ate about a quarter of a slice of bread if that 🤣
---
Also any recommendations for cutlery for 1 year olds, we use the bibado dipit spoons but he doesn’t really feed himself. He prefers me to do it 🙃 I’m not sure what happens at nursery if he is feeding himself. We’ve always tried to give finger food at each meal so he can feed himself which he is good at but when we give stuff like spag bol he won’t feed himself.
Don't beat yourself up about using pouches. We use them here for convenience some days. Tbh as long as she has some fresh with it I try not to stress. So I'll give her a pouch and follow it with some fruit.
We have just started introducing her holding her own fork. She doesn't really feed herself as such yet but she'll dip it into food and put the fork in her mouth. Any food tends to go into her lap. I just picked up some in Asda, my sister suggested ikea for cutlery too.

• Heart
---

Baby Biscuit does best with these Nuby spoons. I'd say we're probably about 60/40 hands/spoon at this point.

In terms of what to feed him, if your tea isn't ready in time for the same day, can you keep some back to reheat for him the following day instead?

Lunch-wise we usually do a picky plate type of Lunch. I'll always make sure there's things she loves, then slip in things she's been less sure about and things she hasn't tried yet. She also enjoys soup, which gives her a good chance to practice with a spoon, and she likes to dip her bread in it. Some tinned soups can be really high in salt though, so worth checking the labels.

Attachments

• Heart
Hi! Sliding myself in on here. Baby Watermelon was born early hours this morning at 1:27am via emergency C section! I didn’t have a section with my first and I am in agony. My partner has to go home tonight and they want to keep me in for 48 hours. Any tips? My stomach is in agony atm and I can barely move 😭 Baby girl is amazing though

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Thankyou both! Going to try the Nuby spoons and will take a look at Asda when I’m next near there. We could try that with dinner yeah I think it’s just getting used to cooking extra for him as we’ve spent the last 6 months making his separate so it doesn’t have any salt in 😅 i had been batch cooking separately for him but the 3 meals we have he’s decided he likes none of them now 🙂

Hi! Sliding myself in on here. Baby Watermelon was born early hours this morning at 1:27am via emergency C section! I didn’t have a section with my first and I am in agony. My partner has to go home tonight and they want to keep me in for 48 hours. Any tips? My stomach is in agony atm and I can barely move 😭 Baby girl is amazing though
Keep on top of the pain relief, don't wait for it to hurt more before you take anything. While you're still in hospital they should keep on top of it, but don't be afraid to ask about something a little stronger.
Keep a pillow handy to hold against your incision if you cough or sneeze.
And once they've got you out of bed, try and move a little every so often, because you'll stiffen up and get more sore if you don't. Nothing extreme, just a little walk around the bed to start with.

• Heart
Keep on top of the pain relief, don't wait for it to hurt more before you take anything. While you're still in hospital they should keep on top of it, but don't be afraid to ask about something a little stronger.
Keep a pillow handy to hold against your incision if you cough or sneeze.
And once they've got you out of bed, try and move a little every so often, because you'll stiffen up and get more sore if you don't. Nothing extreme, just a little walk around the bed to start with.
Thanks so much! They’ve just got me out of bed and into the chair for the first time and standing up was so painful 😭 I’ll keep moving about as much as I can. I’m dying for a shower!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone had experience of cradle cap on the face, specifically between eyebrows? I can see scales appearing on my little ones face. How can keep it moisturised, clean, whilst removing the scales so close to his eyes?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.