Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’m another of many ex-employees and can tell you a few facts about working there. I’m not going to bad mouth I’m just going to present you with a few facts and you can create your own opinions.

The staff turnover is actually worse than you think. A lot of the staff that leave aren’t replaced straight away so it’s hidden well.

The shift patterns are compulsory and appear to be entirely to match Martin’s personal working hours which create a lack of social life for his employees. Martin will rarely emerge from his room upstairs before 12pm and is reluctant to engage in meetings before 3pm. The shifts are on a rota and consist of 9am-5.30pm, 10am-6.30pm and 11.30am-8pm shifts. You also have to work Saturdays, again for no given reason or justification.

During Covid a lot of staff stayed in the office despite the rules and Martin encouraged staying in the office despite how he made it look on his Instagram. Some people could work from home but were required to sit on zoom all day and the senior staff also made jokes about other staff members in private chats.

Meetings were never scheduled to a time or day and worked around when Martin could be bothered, usually when you should have been going home. And when he did go to one he would sit on his phone and ignore the room or record himself and make jokes to the camera so he could use it on Instagram.

The staff handbook includes requirements on how to prepare Martin a cup of tea and squash if you were first in the office and even how you have to park your car. At the end of every day you had to send a summary of exactly what you’d worked on and for how long to Martin so that he can make sure you’re filling your entire day with work.

The vast majority of his staff are young impressionable people who have never had a career job before as those further along their career know how other workplaces are and tend to leave their positions or just walk out of the role.

He also regularly talks poorly and makes up stories of the previous employees to make them look bad so that his current staff only hear his version and don’t realise the truth. He makes them out to be in the wrong and himself as a victim so that the staff members stay.

As I said this is all fact from what I saw and anyone looking to work here should be aware of this information to ensure you make an informed decision on any job offers! It could have changed since I left but I highly doubt it!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

Sour Pickle

Chatty Member
He’s definitely reading here. I think it must break him not being able to control the narrative.

Hi Martin,

Hope your actions catch up with you in 2021!

No Regards

Not Anne, just another woman disgusted by you

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Tigger20

Chatty Member
“If he is the monster you say he is it would have happened more than once...”

wow. Apparently you have to rape more than once to be considered a monster if this reader’s comments are true.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

Tigger20

Chatty Member
maybe it’s the fact that it’s all quite cloak and dagger. No one has said ‘Martin MacDonald raped me or Martin MacDonald sexually assaulted me’.
Most of the things on this thread are hearsay and assumptions. Talking about him putting his face into a child’s groin- to me is making things seem like what they’re not. In my opinion I feel like he’s being persecuted for more than he’s ‘possibly’ being accused of, somewhat lynch mob behaviour.

Of course If he has done what you’re all assuming then I will hold my hands up but as no one has any actual accusations I’ll stand by my opinion for now
Hi Martin.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Alexander

Going to be honest and upfront, I work for one of Mac's main competitors The BTN Academy by Ben Coomber, so take this for the biased post that it is.

We don't really involve ourself with actively fighting against him as we prioritise our time into helping our students. We see engaging as lose-lose because he has a big audience he likes to mobilise against people (He's engaged in personal attacks against us and Ben specifically for a very long time. It was a major part of his launch strategy for MNU), and besides that we like to promote ourselves as just doing the best for our students and the industry rather than petty squabbling over the internet.

One of the biggest problems with public behaviour like his is it creates an echo chamber of people that see vitriolic personal attacks as acceptable, even righteous behaviour. And we have been first hand on many occasions where this has risen to quite frankly disgusting behaviour.

For instance, it's not unusual to get comments like this on our ads.
image (1).png

And (post link - https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=361297788573207 )

No evidence at all that this was called for by MM of course, but given the language used it's not hard to see how those in his personality cult take his lead. Despite his stated claims it definitely feels like MM has made the industry worse, rather than better

Reactions: 20
Funny how he is saying about people sliding into his DMs, invading his personal space etc when he got all aggressive in my DMs at 1.21am when all I did was like someone else’s comment on one of his Dubai pictures when they asked if Covid wasn’t a thing in Dubai. I unfollowed him before he sent his follow up angry little messages announcing his departure e.g blocking me 😂. I bet if I was male he wouldn’t of had that reaction. What a wankpuffin.
E7F77722-99B9-4C69-9BC0-3D10DA879944.jpeg
5341A445-5C82-4609-A93F-8DCF2A292B97.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 20

stopthescams

Chatty Member
Just seen a MNU job in indeed for a ' Assistant Nutrition Tutor & Content Creator' looking for a postgrad with masters qualification, no home working allowed, 40hours/week Flexibility & availability outside normal office hours is essential (probs to babysit his kids), pay is £23,500

'This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant and world-renowned company in the field of nutrition. Be part of a unique and developing core team in a fast moving and ever adapting environment, where your opinions and thoughts are valued.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Mac-Nutrition Collective team assisting with both external work and in-house projects. There will be a strong focus on assisting with the creation of clear, simple nutrition information in a variety of different mediums with further opportunities to develop personal knowledge and experience.
The role is designed to give a nutrition postgraduate or MNU Certified Nutritionist the opportunity to establish themselves as an integral member of the Mac-Nutrition Collective team.'
He wants a masters qualification, and all the rest, and pay just £23,000 a year??? Absolute wanker

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Sour Pickle

Chatty Member
I discovered martin 2 or 3 years ago when everyone was recommending him and he gained a lot of followers. he kept giving me a weird vibe so I unfollowed him several times, and followed again afterwards because everyone was raving about his amazing nutrition knowledge and I was eager to learn.

i don't recall the details but I remember that someone accused him of misogyny, maybe in regards to a lack of female employees (which, to be fair, may not really apply to him)? he MOCKED that person and this accusation for days, of course not without using the word "femnazi" in what felt like every second story. at one point, he mentioned that he just came back from a supermarket where the cashiers were only women. he jokingly asked how it is possible that we live in a misogynistic world with a lack of female employees when he has been just served by one at the store...

again, I may be missing or twisting some details but remember raging sooo much about his stories because it was CLEAR that he did not understand a single thing about sexism & gendered labor. who runs the businesses which employ the women who serve you? maybe think about who actually profits. this made me unfollow him for real. not much new stuff to learn on his account. very sad to see that absolutely nothing has changed about his content... and that it has gotten even worse with the rape/sexual assault/sexual harassment allegations.

and regarding shona: I too was confused as to why she was still following him when this happened. but shona is a grown woman who I really respect and appreciate, and I think she must have her reasons for not unfollowing. not suggesting anything severe, it may be that she simply has him muted since 2017 lol

Agree that I was wrong to say I was disappointed with Shona. Her decision. Defo not muted as she likes a lot of his posts. I mean she’s had sex with James Smith, so following Martin on insta is clearly not her worst decision to date.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This is my issue. No one has said ‘Martin MacDonald raped me’ or ‘Martin MacDonald sexually assaulted me. If he’s the monster you say he is then it would have happened more than once? So we wouldn’t need one persons court testimony to make it
‘True’

There would be multiple people shouting, look at the me too movement, there would be names and actual things that have happened
And it’s got nothing to do with me trusting the bloke it’s about being innocent until proven guilty. Im
Yet to see an actual testimony or peice of evidence that says otherwise
Im not for one minute saying I don’t believe girls when they they say they’ve been assaulted or raped - but no one has actually said the words yet. That is my whole point.
Maybe they just haven’t said “Martin raped me” in PUBLIC yet because there might be ramifications for them, whether that’s personal, professional or legal.

It’s also not up to us to dictate the ‘socially acceptable’ way for victims to speak out. They can do that how and when they’re ready. They have my full support now and they’ll have my full support if and when they decide to make their experiences public knowledge.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Crumpet41

VIP Member
I hope he has problems getting back to the UK now we are in lockdown again. Or he is forced to stay in Dubai for several weeks. Would serve him right ( am v annoyed about all these influencers just jetting off for “ work” aka a jolly holly and the rest of us have to suffer.

Reactions: 17

Nosylurker

It’s a tough one this. I can’t stand martin and it wouldn’t surprise me if this was true. He’s grotesque and 100% abuses his power. But I know other PT’s have had bad experiences with Charlotte as well and she’s made threats to them after they’ve broke it off with them. She’s 100% unstable.
Threats about what exactly? And even if true that she’s “100% unstable” does that in any way diminish her experience of sexual assault/abuse. Regardless of who the perpetrator is, I’m sure she has the evidence to have gone to the police with.
Is the other person who has alleged inappropriate behaviour unstable as well.
It’s sad that people still have to counter allegations of sexual misconduct/abuse/assault with defamatory statements about the victim, as if it their fault 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 16
MM would speak badly of his staff, even those still working there now.
In particular the female staff - go figure
Calling them idiots and saying they’re so dumb.

Treating staff like slaves.
Treating students like meat on the market.
Treating the mother of his children like shit.

Yet here he is a selfless, caring influencer who just wants to ‘help people’

He’s kicked students off his course because they rejected his advances.
He’s had affair on top of affair with students when he was still married.
Spreading STIs around with his below average penis.
There are past students and staff that are now on anxiety meds and therapy due to the psychological abuse imposed him.

Im disgusted and embarrassed that I used to be a fan girl and believed what he said was gospel.

The sad thing is the Fitness industry is so fickle that even as MM is exposed, he will continue to be accepted.
Look at Alan Aragon.

Especially when there’s creatures like James Smith still active!

• Wow
  • Sad

embee1106

So, for argument’s sake let’s say that the poster “nohairdontcare” isn’t Martin (username is slightly suspect 😂)...
but it is notoriously difficult for rape and assault victims to press charges against those they are accusing, for a wide range of reasons and I suspect that’s partly what’s going on here. If these previous employees have indeed been victims of this (and they definitely have alluded/outright stated that it happened on their Instagram) then it could be that it’s currently under investigation or they don’t have enough proof to have him properly charged and understandably don’t want to go through the trauma of it playing out in court and dealing with more of his aggression and threats. This happens across the globe on a daily basis, we’ve seen for a long time what men in power can get away with.

Also, regardless of what has actually occurred, the fact that he continues to post stories where he jokes about masturbating, fingering, getting his child to call a woman “see you next Tuesday”, threaten accusers with what he has against them on WhatsApp, the list goes on, shows a level of arrogance and lack of self awareness that is honestly mind-boggling. He thinks he can control the narrative and make this go away but we can see that it’s actually gaining momentum and it’s rattling him.

Looboo

Chatty Member
Every time I get a notification for this thread I just pray that it’s someone saying he’s been outed or arrested or something!!

This is my point.

there is no evidence to say either way, and before I judge someone for being guilty of a crime I like to make sure there is evidence.

no one has said out right what your saying has happened, it’s all my cousins aunts dog said she heard from the shop keeper. Yet the person you’re saying it has happened to hasn’t confirmed it, in fact either one of them

you were all convinced she was at court for it yet she wasn’t

These sorts of accusations can ruin someone’s life, and I’m not saying anyone is lying at all.

As I said it’s my opinion I get not everyone will think the same way as me
Does this satisfy you?

32262E34-D1B0-49C0-BDF7-9E2CB4FEE33B.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I had noticed his content in IG has changed hugely over the past while.

But let’s not forget there’s 2 kids here that will probably never see their dad again and that’s not right
Rape, sexual harassment, narcissistic behaviour etc is what is not right here.
If his kids don’t get to see him again HE is the only 1 to blame, let’s not forget that please

• Heart

Kilingtime

VIP Member
At one of his own conferences he was pretty much shown up by one of his guest speakers - who was a woman - and because her talk was so much better than his he made a point of having little digs at her during his and it was just embarrassing.
People could see what he was trying to do and I know a lot of attendees thought he was awful, who were previous ‘fans’
A friend and I left his last Belfast conference (we'd planned to stay the whole day session) as neither of us could stand the sexist 'banter' that he was spouting. EVERYTHING that was discussed lead to digs about 'silly women' and 'blaming everything on hormones' etc etc. It was dismissive and pretty unprofessional I found. I had high hopes for the conference but really came away with my eyes open about him.

• Angry
  • Wow