Martin Macdonald

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
christ that’s awful. Interesting about the women coming forward getting abuse from fans who tried to minimise the behaviour,I feel like something similar happened to Sohee when she came out about bret
It def had similarities to how Sohee was treated re BC. It’s pretty shocking. He tried to play the addiction card afterwards also, to minimise the impact and generate sympathy.

Reactions: 2
MM would speak badly of his staff, even those still working there now.
In particular the female staff - go figure
Calling them idiots and saying they’re so dumb.

Treating staff like slaves.
Treating students like meat on the market.
Treating the mother of his children like tit.

Yet here he is a selfless, caring influencer who just wants to ‘help people’

He’s kicked students off his course because they rejected his advances.
He’s had affair on top of affair with students when he was still married.
Spreading STIs around with his below average penis.
There are past students and staff that are now on anxiety meds and therapy due to the psychological abuse imposed him.

Im disgusted and embarrassed that I used to be a fan girl and believed what he said was gospel.

The sad thing is the Fitness industry is so fickle that even as MM is exposed, he will continue to be accepted.
Look at Alan Aragon.

Especially when there’s creatures like James Smith still active!

He's absolutely vile, how is he getting away with all this?

And why is it always the most toxic people who like to say they're 'helping people' while making money from them?

I’ve never understood people’s fascination with people like MM and JS. Both have limited nutritional qualifications. MM undergraduate and postgraduate were in sports and exercise science not nutrition and he has a postgraduate diploma in clinical nutrition. A postgraduate diploma is 9 months only with no exam component. So his nutrition qualifications at best are limited, why all the hype. I think it is because he speaks out against people that are industry leaders creating controversial environments. People love that. The fact is that most of his staff have better qualifications than him, certainly Charlotte. As for JS he has no nutrition background at all. What is the big deal with these narcissists?

Reactions: 12
I’ve never understood people’s fascination with people like MM and JS. Both have limited nutritional qualifications. MM undergraduate and postgraduate were in sports and exercise science not nutrition and he has a postgraduate diploma in clinical nutrition. A postgraduate diploma is 9 months only with no exam component. So his nutrition qualifications at best are limited, why all the hype. I think it is because he speaks out against people that are industry leaders creating controversial environments. People love that. The fact is that most of his staff have better qualifications than him, certainly Charlotte. As for JS he has no nutrition background at all. What is the big deal with these narcissists?
I agree to an extent but having a qualification doesn’t make a person good at their job either .. experience , passion and empathy are what I would be looking for. I knwo everyone has to start out but you don’t pay less to be lectured by a newly qualified person for example at MNU - compare to say teaching, hairdressing or consulting where you are paid less until you earn your stripes and that is made known to the customer / education board etc.

Reactions: 3
MM would speak badly of his staff, even those still working there now.
In particular the female staff - go figure
Calling them idiots and saying they’re so dumb.

Treating staff like slaves.
Treating students like meat on the market.
Treating the mother of his children like tit.

Yet here he is a selfless, caring influencer who just wants to ‘help people’

He’s kicked students off his course because they rejected his advances.
He’s had affair on top of affair with students when he was still married.
Spreading STIs around with his below average penis.
There are past students and staff that are now on anxiety meds and therapy due to the psychological abuse imposed him.

Im disgusted and embarrassed that I used to be a fan girl and believed what he said was gospel.

The sad thing is the Fitness industry is so fickle that even as MM is exposed, he will continue to be accepted.
Look at Alan Aragon.

Especially when there’s creatures like James Smith still active!
What's the tea on James Smith? I know he's a knob, but has he done anything wrong other than being an arrogant twit?

I can’t believe this horrid, perverted man is still on the IFS line up!

Every time I get a notification for this thread I just pray that it’s someone saying he’s been outed or arrested or something!!

Reactions: 16
His stories have totally changed. It’s obvs he’s running scared. He’ll be able to get away with his behaviour at IFS as hell just get all his mates to back him up he’s a disgrace and IFS are just his enabler

Reactions: 5
His stories have totally changed. It’s obvs he’s running scared. He’ll be able to get away with his behaviour at IFS as hell just get all his mates to back him up he’s a disgrace and IFS are just his enabler
This is such a sad thought, I guess since it’s only officially an accusation at this stage there isn’t much which can be done other than people letting the IFS organisers know their wishes and hopefully preventing another person being taken victim.

Reactions: 1
This is such a sad thought, I guess since it’s only officially an accusation at this stage there isn’t much which can be done other than people letting the IFS organisers know their wishes and hopefully preventing another person being taken victim.
Even so, there has been several accusations against Martin. What if he isn’t found guilty because there isn’t enough evidence to prove it? Should he be allowed to go to IFS where this could potentially happen again, especially with alcohol involved.
If something was to happen at an IFS event, would that affect the reputation of that companh also?
Better safe than sorry IMO.
Never mind the sexual harassment/assault he has been accused of, his attitude and behaviour should not be accepted at these events.

Reactions: 6
Even so, there has been several accusations against Martin. What if he isn’t found guilty because there isn’t enough evidence to prove it? Should he be allowed to go to IFS where this could potentially happen again, especially with alcohol involved.
If something was to happen at an IFS event, would that affect the reputation of that companh also?
Never mind the sexual harassment/assault he has been accused of, his attitude and behaviour should not be accepted at these events.
Events like this are like a playground for M.
I’ve seen it personally at past events and the offering of free drinks like shots etc, to make the victim of choice easier and more willing.
Just disgusting.

• Sick
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Totally agree. I just meant that maybe the only way the IFS organisers would know is if there are charges made against him, otherwise I’m not sure how they’d be aware.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.