Martin Macdonald

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't know how anybody could work for such a creepy man. Seriously unprofessional. His "work trips" were a chance for him to be a creep and get away with it...he gives me the chills.

Reactions: 3
From what I’ve read and heard, his work trip is where he sexually harassed one of his staff members. She has come out and said he masterb**ted in front of her in his hotel room while she was working🥴

• Wow
Reactions: 1
From what I’ve read and heard, his work trip is where he sexually harassed one of his staff members. She has come out and said he masterb**ted in front of her in his hotel room while she was working🥴

I already knew this because I follow the woman in question, but every time I hear it, it makes me feel ill, I mean, how does scenario like that even play out? How disturbed is he? He's a sexual predator that's for sure! But I fear the truth is even worse. He needs locking up.

Reactions: 2
I wonder how much the professionals on his mentoring lab know about his antics, I'm surprised Rachel Hobbs is on their given how much of a creep Martin is, she seems like someone who wouldn't stand any nonsense

Reactions: 3
Whatever happened, it’s not right that he put her in that position. He has a daughter too, very disturbing! I guess it’s only a matter of time before everything else he has done is exposed to the public.
The problem is, he won’t be locked up. In fact, he is still on the IFS line up for this summer and I’m sure many other events.

• Sad
Looks like Tom has left MNU now 🤔
One of my PT friends is a lab member. Im not really sure how it works but he was searching for something on their facebook page and an old thread came up. Where there is normally a name on the post, it said MNU tutor. When he clicked on that, it took him to a Facebook page for Tom. He said it is the same on older posts that Charlotte posted or commented on too, her name shows as MNU tutor, but when you click through, it’s a page with her photo on. He said there’s a few on there but I can’t remember them. He’s sure they’re old employees. I don’t know Tom’s surname but he was in Martin’s holiday stories. I’m not sure if he’s on Instagram.

Going to be honest and upfront, I work for one of Mac's main competitors The BTN Academy by Ben Coomber, so take this for the biased post that it is.

We don't really involve ourself with actively fighting against him as we prioritise our time into helping our students. We see engaging as lose-lose because he has a big audience he likes to mobilise against people (He's engaged in personal attacks against us and Ben specifically for a very long time. It was a major part of his launch strategy for MNU), and besides that we like to promote ourselves as just doing the best for our students and the industry rather than petty squabbling over the internet.

One of the biggest problems with public behaviour like his is it creates an echo chamber of people that see vitriolic personal attacks as acceptable, even righteous behaviour. And we have been first hand on many occasions where this has risen to quite frankly disgusting behaviour.

For instance, it's not unusual to get comments like this on our ads.
image (1).png

And (post link - https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=361297788573207 )

No evidence at all that this was called for by MM of course, but given the language used it's not hard to see how those in his personality cult take his lead. Despite his stated claims it definitely feels like MM has made the industry worse, rather than better

Reactions: 20
I’m another of many ex-employees and can tell you a few facts about working there. I’m not going to bad mouth I’m just going to present you with a few facts and you can create your own opinions.

The staff turnover is actually worse than you think. A lot of the staff that leave aren’t replaced straight away so it’s hidden well.

The shift patterns are compulsory and appear to be entirely to match Martin’s personal working hours which create a lack of social life for his employees. Martin will rarely emerge from his room upstairs before 12pm and is reluctant to engage in meetings before 3pm. The shifts are on a rota and consist of 9am-5.30pm, 10am-6.30pm and 11.30am-8pm shifts. You also have to work Saturdays, again for no given reason or justification.

During Covid a lot of staff stayed in the office despite the rules and Martin encouraged staying in the office despite how he made it look on his Instagram. Some people could work from home but were required to sit on zoom all day and the senior staff also made jokes about other staff members in private chats.

Meetings were never scheduled to a time or day and worked around when Martin could be bothered, usually when you should have been going home. And when he did go to one he would sit on his phone and ignore the room or record himself and make jokes to the camera so he could use it on Instagram.

The staff handbook includes requirements on how to prepare Martin a cup of tea and squash if you were first in the office and even how you have to park your car. At the end of every day you had to send a summary of exactly what you’d worked on and for how long to Martin so that he can make sure you’re filling your entire day with work.

The vast majority of his staff are young impressionable people who have never had a career job before as those further along their career know how other workplaces are and tend to leave their positions or just walk out of the role.

He also regularly talks poorly and makes up stories of the previous employees to make them look bad so that his current staff only hear his version and don’t realise the truth. He makes them out to be in the wrong and himself as a victim so that the staff members stay.

As I said this is all fact from what I saw and anyone looking to work here should be aware of this information to ensure you make an informed decision on any job offers! It could have changed since I left but I highly doubt it!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
The last two posts on here are very enlightening and I wish more people could read them and find out how much of a crappy person he is.

Thank you both for being brave enough to speak out against him. Sounds like he’s pretty good at making life miserable for anyone who doesn’t pander to his ego.

Reactions: 10
I’m another of many ex-employees and can tell you a few facts about working there. I’m not going to bad mouth I’m just going to present you with a few facts and you can create your own opinions.

The staff turnover is actually worse than you think. A lot of the staff that leave aren’t replaced straight away so it’s hidden well.

The shift patterns are compulsory and appear to be entirely to match Martin’s personal working hours which create a lack of social life for his employees. Martin will rarely emerge from his room upstairs before 12pm and is reluctant to engage in meetings before 3pm. The shifts are on a rota and consist of 9am-5.30pm, 10am-6.30pm and 11.30am-8pm shifts. You also have to work Saturdays, again for no given reason or justification.

During Covid a lot of staff stayed in the office despite the rules and Martin encouraged staying in the office despite how he made it look on his Instagram. Some people could work from home but were required to sit on zoom all day and the senior staff also made jokes about other staff members in private chats.

Meetings were never scheduled to a time or day and worked around when Martin could be bothered, usually when you should have been going home. And when he did go to one he would sit on his phone and ignore the room or record himself and make jokes to the camera so he could use it on Instagram.

The staff handbook includes requirements on how to prepare Martin a cup of tea and squash if you were first in the office and even how you have to park your car. At the end of every day you had to send a summary of exactly what you’d worked on and for how long to Martin so that he can make sure you’re filling your entire day with work.

The vast majority of his staff are young impressionable people who have never had a career job before as those further along their career know how other workplaces are and tend to leave their positions or just walk out of the role.

He also regularly talks poorly and makes up stories of the previous employees to make them look bad so that his current staff only hear his version and don’t realise the truth. He makes them out to be in the wrong and himself as a victim so that the staff members stay.

As I said this is all fact from what I saw and anyone looking to work here should be aware of this information to ensure you make an informed decision on any job offers! It could have changed since I left but I highly doubt it!
I tried to get my fella a job there... And emailed about some information.. the job closed and they chased me several times about applying. I'm so glad he didn't apply now!

MM would speak badly of his staff, even those still working there now.
In particular the female staff - go figure
Calling them idiots and saying they’re so dumb.

Treating staff like slaves.
Treating students like meat on the market.
Treating the mother of his children like tit.

Yet here he is a selfless, caring influencer who just wants to ‘help people’

He’s kicked students off his course because they rejected his advances.
He’s had affair on top of affair with students when he was still married.
Spreading STIs around with his below average penis.
There are past students and staff that are now on anxiety meds and therapy due to the psychological abuse imposed him.

Im disgusted and embarrassed that I used to be a fan girl and believed what he said was gospel.

The sad thing is the Fitness industry is so fickle that even as MM is exposed, he will continue to be accepted.
Look at Alan Aragon.

Especially when there’s creatures like James Smith still active!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
MM would speak badly of his staff, even those still working there now.
In particular the female staff - go figure
Calling them idiots and saying they’re so dumb.

Treating staff like slaves.
Treating students like meat on the market.
Treating the mother of his children like tit.

Yet here he is a selfless, caring influencer who just wants to ‘help people’

He’s kicked students off his course because they rejected his advances.
He’s had affair on top of affair with students when he was still married.
Spreading STIs around with his below average penis.
There are past students and staff that are now on anxiety meds and therapy due to the psychological abuse imposed him.

Im disgusted and embarrassed that I used to be a fan girl and believed what he said was gospel.

The sad thing is the Fitness industry is so fickle that even as MM is exposed, he will continue to be accepted.
Look at Alan Aragon.

Especially when there’s creatures like James Smith still active!
I see Alan Aragon pop up on my insta-who is he and what did he do?

This will explain who he is and what he did. There are threads on Reddit also. Interesting read.

christ that’s awful. Interesting about the women coming forward getting abuse from fans who tried to minimise the behaviour,I feel like something similar happened to Sohee when she came out about bret

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.