Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LinaLamont

I actually thought it was really classy to thank Jesy. Rising above her recent fuckery and refusing to be goaded into a Jesy v LM situation is the right way to go about things.

Reactions: 54

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Yeah you can but your child comes first. If you want to put your job first don’t have children. The band will split after the tour and they will go and enjoy that time with their babies. Im not sure why you are so bitter about women being good mothers and doing the right thing. Do you have a guilty conscience?
What on earth are you talking about? Are you living in the 50s? Our lives have all moved so far on from that now and a mother doesn’t need to be strapped to their child’s side 24/7 till their 18 in order to be a good mother. As it happened when my son came home, I went back to work after 5 weeks and my husband took 8 months off work to care for him. Does that make a bad mother?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52

oreococo

Then factor in Jesy leaving, adds to the speculation, if you are old enough to remember, The Spice Girls went tits up not long after Geri left, could happen again.
except Little Mix actually feels really balanced without Jesy? Their dynamic seems great, the new version of Confetti was gorgeous, and genuinely they didn’t lose much in terms of talent or ability... like Jesy was alright but losing Perrie or Jade’s vocals or Leigh Anne’s stage presence would’ve been a MUCH bigger blow

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Queen Bey

There’s rumours going around that Little Mix are going to release something special music wise on the 20th August to celebrate their 10th anniversary, however, Jesy is planning to release some solo music on the same day. If that is true, then Jesy should prepare herself for a lot of backlash.

New thread title idea: “LM3 on their 10 year home run, but Jesy’s on her way to spoil the fun”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

elliexmae

Chatty Member
People on twitter criticising their speech for being political 🙄 How are three women talking about the struggles they face in a industry that is extremely male dominated, especially behind the scenes, "political"?

• Heart
Reactions: 40

elliexmae

Chatty Member
if someone spent time and money to look more like me, I’d be flattered not offended.. just sayin
Not when that person that paid to look like you is getting hyped up while you're getting discriminated. That's the point you people are failing to understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

boopboopdingding

I can imagine it was hard for her. She was in a band with naturally boyish shaped girls, and she has curves, so was always going to look big. But she will always be compared to someone, by herself or by others.
Not to take away from the much needed discussion on Jesy’s behaviour, but I’d certainly refrain from labelling the other girls - or ANY woman - as being “boyish shaped”. Having smaller hips or broader shoulders doesn’t make you any less feminine, just because those features are more exclusive to women than men doesn’t mean they define the female figure. Women come in many shapes and sizes. And besides, Perrie and Leigh are both curvy, they’re just skinnier than Jesy. The only girl I’d say who’s “less defined” is Jade and, she’s come out in the past saying it’s made her feel like less of a woman than the other girls at times, so coupling that with her history of ED and I’d definitely say this is a highly inappropriate comment to be making.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

zmglx

You can see it clearer here :)

View attachment 569177
Not Perrie getting a full cover and Leigh just getting her name mixed up. No excuses guys - last week it was just Leigh who announced her pregnancy and she didn’t get a front cover like this.

Not complaining, just pointing out the facts. Now you can see why she feels as though she’s not as favoured.

elliexmae

Chatty Member
So people can't dye their hair or tan or wear make up anymore? Are non-redheads allowed to dye their hair ginger/red? Because surely that would be insensitive to natural redheads that have suffered absue for an aspect of their appearance that they can't control?
Are you seriously comparing the discrimination people of colour face everyday with freaking gingers? I feel like some of you people are just willingly ignorant and obtuse, Jesus Christ...
It's not normal that the same features and skin tones on poc are seen as unattractive and used to discriminate against them but in white people is seen as cool and trendy.

• Heart

peachesncreammm

Chatty Member
I know there’s been a few comments about how they seemed a bit “off” tonight but am I the only one who thinks they are absolutely radiating good vibes atm? Like they’ve just released a reworked song, new video, 2 pregnancies, making history with their Brit award, Leigh’s documentary, they all genuinely look so happy and really close as friends! And it’s so nice to see so many people supporting and congratulating them. They should be so proud.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 35

honkytonkcat

I don’t think we can compare the Jesy/LM situation to the Spice Girls or One Direction, both the latter were flash in the pan type successes, one direction were together for a total of 4-5 years before they broke up. There was obvious tensions in the group and it was very clear the differences in what each of them wanted to do. They were a giant PR stunt by the label to burn hot and fast and to earn as much money as possible, they also had little control over much of what they did. You only have to look at the different paths the boys have taken since the split to see that actually they were all completely different people. Also they were on tour like 24/7, regardless of any group dynamics that is just impossible to sustain!

the Spice Girls were similar, they again only lasted about 4/5 years before the cracks showed and they split. Clear differences and tensions within the group and they also had little control over what they did. They’ve done the reunion tours and albums but they’re mostly just to keep the bank accounts topped up.

Little Mix have been together for 10 years now, although there’s obviously been some differences with Jesy, the bond the girls have is visible and after leaving their old label they’ve clearly gained a lot of control over the band now. They seem to have a lot in common and are pretty cohesive as a group.
They also aren’t just album machines churning one out every year for the cash dolla like 1D were, they take breaks and look after themselves. I can see them going for a while longer yet! (At least I hope so!)

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Very traditional

VIP Member
Sorry are you saying if mothers don't "do the right thing" and give up their job they aren't a good mother? Women are allowed to love their children but still work, still get validation from more than being a mother.

Yeah you can but your child comes first. If you want to put your job first don’t have children. The band will split after the tour and they will go and enjoy that time with their babies. Im not sure why you are so bitter about women being good mothers and doing the right thing. Do you have a guilty conscience?

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 33

KINGAA

VIP Member
They can literally fly to those destinations in a short amount of time. Fly to the location, do the show, home. It's really not a big deal!
Pretty sure Alex flies to London via helicopter and back to Manchester to see Perrie and go to events with her.

It’s so interesting the amount of people still have the women must stay home and look after the baby mentality. They babies have dads too who can also look after them!!! Why is no one asking if Alex is going to give up his career because he lives in Manchester while Perrie lives in London!

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Ugholhere

VIP Member
Perrie’s got a fake tan too and somehow manages to not make herself look racially ambiguous. It’s a choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

elliexmae

Chatty Member
Dailymail commentators already up in arms because Perrie and Leigh dared to cradle their baby bumps. Where did this hatred for pregnant women holding their tummies start?

• Heart
  • Sad

Leftpeg9

Chatty Member
Not at all, they are going to split up once they have seen the contact out and the tour is out the way. I don’t see why you would want to work when your baby is so young? Why bother having them if you want to leave them? Don’t have kids then.
You couldn’t possibly love your child AND enjoy your job too, could you?
Had you ever thought that women do actually get validation out of successful careers as well as being mothers? We are not just one or the other

• Heart
  • Haha

elliexmae

Chatty Member

Imagine being a washed-up journalist for Daily Star and having the audacity to tell anyone they're no longer relevant...

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 31