Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

elliexmae

Chatty Member
I'm sure Leigh-Anne is lovely, but my God, she always looks so miserable.
I don't think her problem is racism so much as the fact that her personality just does not draw people in. Mel B and Shaznay were both very popular members of the Spice Girls and All Saints.
This is such an awful take, my God... Undermining a black woman's experience with racism because "she always looks miserable". Anyone that follows Little Mix knows Leigh-Anne is probably the most cheerful and sweet out of the four members. Having been a fan for 10 years, I seen on several occasions either micro-agressions or blatant racism towards Leigh and even towards black fans. Racism is unfortunately a big problem in the Little Mix fandom.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

xoxo_a

I do think the attitude you’re taking is very reductive. Like someone mentioned above, just because you don’t see a problem doesn’t mean other people feel the same. You aren’t the only black person here who has an opinion on the matter.

I am well aware that there is a line between cultural appropriation and cultural appreciation. I think Jesy has crossed this line sometimes. I am not offended by blackfishing, but I dislike it. Having larger lips has become a trend, so I don’t necessarily blame her for that and I’ve read that her hair is naturally curly. I take issue with her skin tone at times, like the Sweet Melody video and examples used in the article. There’s a difference between being tan (even if it’s bad or patchy) and tanning so deep you look like a different ethnicity (which Perrie never has).

You have your opinion, and I have mine. They differ, and that’s perfectly fine.

On another topic, the comments about Perrie and Jade’s weight highlight an issue I have with Jesy, and Demi Lovato. Both have unfortunately struggled and I think they can get tunnel vision, and only see how things effect them and not other people. The same can even be said about how she spoke about the racism Leigh-Anne has faced.

• Heart

PeonyBlush

VIP Member
I think we need to stop using someone’s mental health to not hold them accountable for certain things.

Jesy does black fish, whether she’s aware of that herself is another thing.

• Heart

hol20x

VIP Member
I’ve just read that Jesy is to be included! Surely it will be detrimental to her mental health standing beside 3 skinny waxworks?

• Haha
  • Wow

Pariszai

Dailymail commentators already up in arms because Perrie and Leigh dared to cradle their baby bumps. Where did this hatred for pregnant women holding their tummies start?
To be fair, I do find it grating when as soon as someone gets a positive test their hands are clamped to their stomach at every opportunity. We get it, you're pregnant. You are also other things.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 23

hol20x

VIP Member
I hate when people say Little Mix’s music is aimed at children or only kids are big fans. Wings and Black Magic are the only songs of theirs I would say are for children. Their tour audiences are full of teenagers, women and gay men. Sure there’s kids with their mums too, but that is not their target audience. Children don’t buy or stream the music.

I was 17 when they were on X Factor and I voted for them and I’ve been a big fan for the last decade. I have no shame in saying that.

• Heart

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
I'm white and am unsure whether to comment as I am obviously not in the postion of able to comment specifically about the way she makes POC feel. I may be naive, but I had never thought her anything other than white. Masses of 'celebrities' wear too much makeup, have ludicrous lips and far too much fake tan. I do wonder if because Jessy has so many issues regarding her body, whether she perhaps subconsciously embraces the look she has because she thinks it suits her body shape more.

I personally think she does look better in what some people say are black fishing photos, not least because she looks far more relaxed in them. I don't know whether she has intentionally been black fishing, or if she is, whether it is done with malice, but she has long standing problems with her body image and has faced years of other people's disgusting behaviour towards her and her weight. This means she won't see her body as others do and body dysmorphia could be a valid explanation for her actions. Poor mental health can also explain her attitude to the other girls. I thought she was sometimes quite abrupt when she spoke to her parents on her documentary and it may be that's just how she is. It's still rude though.

I'm not trying to excuse her behaviour and completely understand how hurt and angry people may feel, but her mental health is very fragile and I worry about the consequences of this growing anger towards her. I just think everyone should remember about Caroline Flack. Caroline Flack was the subject of a campaign against her and whether it was deserved or not, she paid a very heavy price for her mistake.

Twinkle6

VIP Member
Just came across on my FB feed, people are crapping their pants Little Mix is due to break up!

Well considering 2 are in the club and so is the manager, possible!!!
Can’t see them giving up to be honest, I reckon people are just being mean . The assumption that a woman can’t have a child and a career. 🤦‍♀️

Flossy2020

Are they all guys in her team? Is that so she doesn’t feel compared to other women? I don’t think she’s ready for what the media may say about her when she releases her new music!

lira

VIP Member
Oh god it just hit me, every song will just be her warbling voice. It's a no from me.

• Haha

Yeahright

New to the thread but she drives me insane! She clearly just didn’t like sharing the limelight and left so she could be the centre of attention. For saying she made the documentary on how unhappy she’s always been with her looks all she does is post photos of her in bloody bra tops! I really like little mix and I do think she thought they’d fall apart without her, I bet she’s fuming they haven’t. Her look is awful, and whilst her hair may be naturally curly it’s definitely been helped along by tongs in the recent pics.. I have curly hair and it’s NEVER all the same curl type, curly hair is unpredictable and hers just looks too uniform. And she is a very unnatural dark shade.

Scandalous_Purpose

This thread just reads people being offended on behalf of the black community who I am part of who I know a lot of people in and who I don’t know a single person who cares if someone tans,has surgery or appreciates ethnic style-jesy grew up in an ethnic environment her style was always street.i genuinely have more of an issue with people who I assume are in their 20s on here,trying to make issues where there are none.go and be offended outside plastic surgeons or lip filler places or sunbed shops since all those things are wrong.a lot of you sound ridiculous and have no idea about what you’re talking about because I don’t know a single black person who cares about someone tanning or doing their hair or surgery.strange thread this where people are literally desperate for a reason to hate someone they don’t know and acting like they do know strangers personalities and their reasonings and wondering why a stranger is with a certain person because you think you know that persons personality and who they should be with.are most of you 14?because it seems insane this level of mania from grown adults.its odd to be honest.
To a lot of people (particularly from the black community), her black-fishing and cultural appropriation is really offensive. So therefore it’s a problem. I’m glad that it hasn’t affected you personally, but other people have been offended and that’s completely valid also? Just because you aren’t offended or hurt, doesn’t mean that the situation is fine?

Reactions: 22

KINGAA

VIP Member
I don't know, I think it added an interesting (yet fucking sad) element, and she seemed pretty honest going through that she didn't have the answers but was keen to learn and listen to different perspectives. I didn't see it as a programme to educate, but to show her experience and journey into learning more and see how her in her unique position could try to make a difference.

Just my opinion and not dismissing others views. Hopefully though it has given her the chance to reflect on what kind of person he is.
If that was me, I would of got rid of him when these came to light. It wasn’t just racial tweets but misogynistic and homophonic tweets where he wished people dead, all things the girls are supposedly dead against. Red flag. Then he went to court for assaulting a woman and there was evidence to prove such thing happened. Red flag. I would say the amount of times he was suspended and fined from work for breaking lockdown but she did too... having secret parties.

That documentary did nothing to make it seem that he was a nice person, he didn’t care then and clearly still doesn’t. I think this fund is great but it’s clear his name is only on it because Leanne probably asked him to help fund it. Will I support it with his name attached? Absolutely not!

The scene where her whole family is together having Sunday lunch and he arrives home and just doesn’t join them, to me speaks so much about the person he is too!

Gorbs

Chatty Member

Do you think it could be true?
Not only is this a massive conflict of interest to the girls because of The Search, are they not meant to hate Simon because of all the shit with Syco?

ALSO....she left little mix to focus on her mental health, that quickly changed because music was her passion and she just needed to get in the studio, but now the music career will potentially go on hold again (before it's even started) to judge on a show she doesn't have a whole big pile of good to say about 🤔 it's all very strange.

Kimmykla

The girls seem so much happier. Like have you noticed they’ve mentioned it’s the first time they’ve not had to re shoot a music video and they were all happy? Leigh-Anne just put their new hunger cover on her ig story saying it’s her favourite cover ever! I feel like Jesy was never happy with the way she looked and would always make them reshoot etc until she was happy and if the other 3 weren’t happy, they’d just go with it to make her happy as they’d already re done it a million times.

Clojo92

I don‘t think this is an appropriate comment to make, as this takes the thread into a whole new subject.
Sorry for anyone who has had to experience such an awful thing ❤
I agree. I think it's best to not ask/insinuate that people are non-mothers. People are entitled to their opinion whether they have children or not.

jackolantern

VIP Member
Is this her real hair or a wig? I can’t tell what hair is her actual head of natural hair or when it’s a wig!! If this is her actual natural hair is it naturally that curly or has it been done with tongs?

ETA - it’s also extremely clear how over lined her lips are!
I don't even know if Jesy knows what she naturally looks like at this point. She looks like a living bratz doll.