Little Mix #3 Baby Mix, baldy pics, Jesy vs Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regardless of whether or not you or anyone you know personally cares about the issue, it seems like a lot of young black people do. MNEK, who has a professional working relationship with the girls, seems to also care. "I don't care so let's stop talking about it" could be applied to many issues, but it's probably for the best that it isn't. I don't think anybody is saying that blackfishing is the biggest issue the black community face, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be talked about.

Anyway, Jesy's comments about the other girls' eating habits has always made me uncomfortable, especially since learning about Jade's history with anorexia. I don't think she has the empathy to understand that people can suffer with body image issues and guilt relating to food regardless of their size. She's proven herself to be a deeply self-centred, immature woman. I get the impression that the other three have been treading on eggshells for years and can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Hope they thrive.

I think Alex and Jordan are both great. Find it hilarious how fans dislike them both (particularly Jordan) and claim to love Andre, given all the abhorrent tit he's said.
Has anyone got any accounts or examples of people who hate Alex and Jordan? I want to have a read and find the crazies

A genuine question. Is there such a thing at white fishing, because there's a huge amount of what is presumably called white appropriation? Or does it only go one way? Is white culture copying ok, but not in reverse? Again, it's a genuine question as I would like to fully understand this.
There probably is such a thing but it’s done for very different reasons. If someone of colour is either intentionally or unintentionally trying to make their skin colour, hair, features appear lighter or ‘more white’ then it’s more than likely due to racism that they have experienced which is not the reason why white people (mostly white females) appropriate African American features, hair, skin colour etc etc (aka black fishing).

Reactions: 5
Jesy could do with learning but I am uncomfortable by the way this is panning out.

Reactions: 17
A genuine question. Is there such a thing at white fishing, because there's a huge amount of what is presumably called white appropriation? Or does it only go one way? Is white culture copying ok, but not in reverse? Again, it's a genuine question as I would like to fully understand this.
White people do not face the same oppression as people of colour. You cannot compare white people appropriating the culture of poc, very often rebranding it to become more palatable to white audiences while still systematically oppressing ethnic minorities. And there's no such thing as white fishing. Any poc trying to assimilate to a look closer to whiteness (per example, bleaching skin to make themselves look paler) is normally because of years of discrimination because of their ethnic features and their skin tones. None of this is comparable to anything happening to white people... Also what exactly would be "white appropriation"? Because I can think of several things white people appropriate from ethnic minorities but not one single thing being appropriated from white people.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Ooh that article is very strong, I noticed it said community contributor, can anyone submit to BuzzFeed in that way? It had some interesting points and I'm surprised it's taken so long for her tanning to be addressed. I never thought Jesy was black but I did originally think she was mixed with something. As a black woman her overtanning doesn't offend me, I just think she looks ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with fake tanning to the shade you get on holiday but she really overdoes it. Coupled with her hairstyles and fashion I can see why people are calling her out for appropriation. I'm also disappointed to learn she is friends with someone who says the n word and has no problem with it. The tide has been changing for a long time and people have become more aware of how appropriation is wrong. I don't get how Jesy has ignored it for so long, unless she believes she's above any reproach. I wonder if Leigh-Anne becoming more confident in addressing race issues has played a part in their friendship breakdown.

It was also sad to see her comments laid out about Jade and Perrie's weight. I knew she was self-centered but reading those comments were so nasty. Jade has been really vocal about her eating disorder and it's crazy Jesy thought that was ok.

I do think it's tricky because we know Jesy has mental health problems but at the same time her behaviour of editing pics, fake tanning etc. will affect young fans. I really wish she had better people around her and after leaving just took the time to build up her self esteem before launching her solo career. She has just blamed her problems on being around the girls and I'm concerned she's not going to be able to handle the criticism. It seems the fans she's had are turning against her and I really don't see this ending well.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So people can't dye their hair or tan or wear make up anymore? Are non-redheads allowed to dye their hair ginger/red? Because surely that would be insensitive to natural redheads that have suffered absue for an aspect of their appearance that they can't control?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So people can't dye their hair or tan or wear make up anymore? Are non-redheads allowed to dye their hair ginger/red? Because surely that would be insensitive to natural redheads that have suffered absue for an aspect of their appearance that they can't control?
Are you seriously comparing the discrimination people of colour face everyday with freaking gingers? I feel like some of you people are just willingly ignorant and obtuse, Jesus Christ...
It's not normal that the same features and skin tones on poc are seen as unattractive and used to discriminate against them but in white people is seen as cool and trendy.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Do you even know what black fishing or cultural appropriation is?
It has nothing to do with a white ginger haired person and another white person dyeing their hair red/ginger but everything to do with a white person making themselves look like a black person (whether that’s intentional or unintentional) through their hairstyles, make up, fake tan, clothing etc. It was originally about white influencers who profit from cultural appropriation/black fishing when black influencers themselves are overlooked.

if someone spent time and money to look more like me, I’d be flattered not offended.. just sayin

Reactions: 4
if someone spent time and money to look more like me, I’d be flattered not offended.. just sayin
Not when that person that paid to look like you is getting hyped up while you're getting discriminated. That's the point you people are failing to understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
The only bit in that article I disagree with is the Mel C ‘slut shaming’ comment. It’s completely taken out of context, I remember watching it at the time and Mel C had basically slut shamed Little Mix for their bodysuit outfits, so Jesy was just highlighting her hypocrisy

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m not an expert but I believe there’s a fine line between cultural appreciation and appropriation, when you use a persons culture to profit or promote yourself whilst not highlighting or identifying where it originates from, then you are appropriating someone else’s culture for your own benefit.

You can still appreciate someone’s culture and let it influence your own style, but its important to recognise where that comes from.

Reactions: 9
In fairness Mel C recently congratulated LM so I think they’ve ironed that out

Reactions: 2
I don’t get why if Jessy left LM for mental health why she would even attempt a solo career so soon after knowing she would be alone in the press and be compared to the other 3. Definitely more to her leaving than just her MH. I feel like she did that documentary which was great but now she feels she should be untouchable from anything negative because she has suffered with her mental health.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
This thread just reads people being offended on behalf of the black community who I am part of who I know a lot of people in and who I don’t know a single person who cares if someone tans,has surgery or appreciates ethnic style-jesy grew up in an ethnic environment her style was always street.i genuinely have more of an issue with people who I assume are in their 20s on here,trying to make issues where there are none.go and be offended outside plastic surgeons or lip filler places or sunbed shops since all those things are wrong.a lot of you sound ridiculous and have no idea about what you’re talking about because I don’t know a single black person who cares about someone tanning or doing their hair or surgery.strange thread this where people are literally desperate for a reason to hate someone they don’t know and acting like they do know strangers personalities and their reasonings and wondering why a stranger is with a certain person because you think you know that persons personality and who they should be with.are most of you 14?because it seems insane this level of mania from grown adults.its odd to be honest.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I don’t get why if Jessy left LM for mental health why she would even attempt a solo career so soon after knowing she would be alone in the press and be compared to the other 3. Definitely more to her leaving than just her MH. I feel like she did that documentary which was great but now she feels she should be untouchable from anything negative because she has suffered with her mental health.
She just seems to be a ‘grass is always greener’ kind of person. I think she was convinced it would be better if she was solo and it’s just not the case, it’s now worse, already she’s compared to them all the time

Reactions: 5
That’s not her fault that people are a bit dense.lots of people could tell she isn’t but they aren’t calling a witch hunt.a woman is allowed to tan,get fillers or even surgery to enhance her own self esteem without being called a black fisher.i don’t know a black woman who doesn’t feel the same I do about it.xx
I’m a black woman! I do not feel the same way you do.

This thread just reads people being offended on behalf of the black community who I am part of who I know a lot of people in and who I don’t know a single person who cares if someone tans,has surgery or appreciates ethnic style-jesy grew up in an ethnic environment her style was always street.i genuinely have more of an issue with people who I assume are in their 20s on here,trying to make issues where there are none.go and be offended outside plastic surgeons or lip filler places or sunbed shops since all those things are wrong.a lot of you sound ridiculous and have no idea about what you’re talking about because I don’t know a single black person who cares about someone tanning or doing their hair or surgery.strange thread this where people are literally desperate for a reason to hate someone they don’t know and acting like they do know strangers personalities and their reasonings and wondering why a stranger is with a certain person because you think you know that persons personality and who they should be with.are most of you 14?because it seems insane this level of mania from grown adults.its odd to be honest.
To a lot of people (particularly from the black community), her black-fishing and cultural appropriation is really offensive. So therefore it’s a problem. I’m glad that it hasn’t affected you personally, but other people have been offended and that’s completely valid also? Just because you aren’t offended or hurt, doesn’t mean that the situation is fine?

Reactions: 22
Arguing with members, we're not here to fight each other either ignore a user or respectfully disagree - Please read our rules and why they're important
I’m a black woman! I do not feel the same way you do.
You are offended by someone tanning&having surgery?be offended by most of the nation then.

To a lot of people (particularly from the black community), her black-fishing and cultural appropriation is really offensive. So therefore it’s a problem. I’m glad that it hasn’t affected you personally, but other people have been offended and that’s completely valid also? Just because you aren’t offended or hurt, doesn’t mean that the situation is fine?
She black fishes because she does things most of the country do?i hate the perpetually offended especially on behalf of others.the girl grew up in an urban background.

I’ve just looked on twitter and thank god most people agree with me that it’s ridiculous.from reading this thread I thought there’d be a witch hunt 1 even commented on here her solo career may be over before it started,but no,people in the real world see how stupid it is.this is such a toxic and bitchy 14 year old girl thread lol.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.