Little Mix #3 Baby Mix, baldy pics, Jesy vs Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is being dragged on Twitter by actual fans. Her solo career might be over before it’s even started!
I really dislike blackfishing and I do think she does so it but I feel somewhat unsettled by the pile on. Weird bc I'm not a fan at all but it's making me feel a bit sorry for her!!

Reactions: 4
It’s hardly “clutching at straws” when loads of people on social media thought she was a POC.
That’s not her fault that people are a bit dense.lots of people could tell she isn’t but they aren’t calling a witch hunt.a woman is allowed to tan,get fillers or even surgery to enhance her own self esteem without being called a black fisher.i don’t know a black woman who doesn’t feel the same I do about it.xx

Reactions: 5
Perrie’s got a fake tan too and somehow manages to not make herself look racially ambiguous. It’s a choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Perrie’s got a fake tan too and somehow manages to not make herself look racially ambiguous. It’s a choice.
a choice between fans who choose that it’s ok for 1 to over tan and not the other?ok.as a black woman,it doesn’t bother me or any black woman I know.Seems people who fangirl groups seek to be offended by the person they paint the villain.that mentality from adults bothers me more than someone tanning and getting surgery,like millions do annually.but there we go!xx

Reactions: 10
So if she tanned and didn’t “look” mixed it would be ok?its clutching at straws imo.xx
If it looked natural like one or two shades then yes, we all go a bit darker naturally in the summer time. She completely changes her undertone and everything, she's naturally quite neutral/pink. This is just my opinion, obviously if you think otherwise then I'm not going to try and dispute that :)

Reactions: 6
So to those who think it’s ‘clutching at straws’ would it be a different opinion from you if Leigh-Anne had said in that documentary that Jesy is black fishing and it’s a problem?

Is it not a problem to you because it hasn’t been addressed by the people involved?

In the way of her tanning to the point of looking a different race, in itself may not seem an issue to everyone but add in her attitude and the things that she has said along the way, that’s what’s become the problem as a whole in my opinion.

Reactions: 10
So to those who think it’s ‘clutching at straws’ would it be a different opinion from you if Leigh-Anne had said in that documentary that Jesy is black fishing and it’s a problem?

Is it not a problem to you because it hasn’t been addressed by the people involved?

In the way of her tanning to the point of looking a different race, in itself may not seem an issue to everyone but add in her attitude and the things that she has said along the way, that’s what’s become the problem as a whole in my opinion.
Her attitude?what do you mean?you can’t “act” black lol.she over tans and she’s had surgery.like millions of women.im black,no black woman I know sees issue with things like this or cares.xx

Reactions: 9
Her attitude?what do you mean?you can’t “act” black lol.she over tans and she’s had surgery.like millions of women.im black,no black woman I know sees issue with things like this or cares.xx
I didn’t mean ‘act’ black, I mean that she, I would say, is very aware of what she’s doing and how it’s coming across but also for example the comment made about Perrie ‘sounding black’ was clearly a problem and the way she brushed off Leigh-Anne’s issues with racial abuse.

Reactions: 2
I didn’t mean ‘act’ black, I mean that she, I would say, is very aware of what she’s doing and how it’s coming across but also for example the comment made about Perrie ‘sounding black’ was clearly a problem and the way she brushed off Leigh-Anne’s issues with racial abuse.
None of those things you’ve mentioned are anything to do with black fishing though?i am black and I thought Leigh Anne’s documentary was rubbish.if I was white would I be called racist etc?i think it’s grasping at straws and I think it dramatically undermines actual serious issues we as black people go through,a girl tanning or having surgery isn’t a big deal xx

Reactions: 6
She tried to make herself racially ambiguous and that might not be completely black fishing but it still not okay. I personally read through the 3 threads in these past few days before the publication of that article, and I felt like she was trying to emulate Jade's features. I was also quite taken aback by her skintone in the sweet symphony mv.

All in all, she was bitter and jealous of her band mates and that's really the tragedy here.

Reactions: 16
Have I missed anything sorry I'm on holiday (staycation) jessica been made to feel wrong again god help us all tbh I forgot if she was white or not because always looks like more then a tan and that's facts....

Reactions: 2
I'm white and am unsure whether to comment as I am obviously not in the postion of able to comment specifically about the way she makes POC feel. I may be naive, but I had never thought her anything other than white. Masses of 'celebrities' wear too much makeup, have ludicrous lips and far too much fake tan. I do wonder if because Jessy has so many issues regarding her body, whether she perhaps subconsciously embraces the look she has because she thinks it suits her body shape more.

I personally think she does look better in what some people say are black fishing photos, not least because she looks far more relaxed in them. I don't know whether she has intentionally been black fishing, or if she is, whether it is done with malice, but she has long standing problems with her body image and has faced years of other people's disgusting behaviour towards her and her weight. This means she won't see her body as others do and body dysmorphia could be a valid explanation for her actions. Poor mental health can also explain her attitude to the other girls. I thought she was sometimes quite abrupt when she spoke to her parents on her documentary and it may be that's just how she is. It's still rude though.

I'm not trying to excuse her behaviour and completely understand how hurt and angry people may feel, but her mental health is very fragile and I worry about the consequences of this growing anger towards her. I just think everyone should remember about Caroline Flack. Caroline Flack was the subject of a campaign against her and whether it was deserved or not, she paid a very heavy price for her mistake.

Reactions: 23
Regardless of whether or not you or anyone you know personally cares about the issue, it seems like a lot of young black people do. MNEK, who has a professional working relationship with the girls, seems to also care. "I don't care so let's stop talking about it" could be applied to many issues, but it's probably for the best that it isn't. I don't think anybody is saying that blackfishing is the biggest issue the black community face, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be talked about.

Anyway, Jesy's comments about the other girls' eating habits has always made me uncomfortable, especially since learning about Jade's history with anorexia. I don't think she has the empathy to understand that people can suffer with body image issues and guilt relating to food regardless of their size. She's proven herself to be a deeply self-centred, immature woman. I get the impression that the other three have been treading on eggshells for years and can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Hope they thrive.

On the other hand, Alex comes across so well, the fact that he went with Perrie to rehearsals when she had bad anxiety and would learn the dances is so sweet
I think Alex and Jordan are both great. Find it hilarious how fans dislike them both (particularly Jordan) and claim to love Andre, given all the abhorrent tit he's said.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I think we need to stop using someone’s mental health to not hold them accountable for certain things.

Jesy does black fish, whether she’s aware of that herself is another thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
What exactly do you want to happen to her? What punishment does she deserve?
From what I’ve seen, many people online would like her to recognise and apologise for this and stop doing it

I think Alex and Jordan are both great. Find it hilarious how fans dislike them both (particularly Jordan) and claim to love Andre, given all the abhorrent tit he's said.
Yes, I think Jordan is great too!! I think he and Jade are a match made!

Reactions: 11
I think we need to stop using someone’s mental health to not hold them accountable for certain things.

Jesy does black fish, whether she’s aware of that herself is another thing.
A genuine question. Is there such a thing at white fishing, because there's a huge amount of what is presumably called white appropriation? Or does it only go one way? Is white culture copying ok, but not in reverse? Again, it's a genuine question as I would like to fully understand this.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.