Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ShyGuy

Hi everyone. I have been following this thread for a while now and want to share my perspective.

Until a few months ago I was a long time follower of LLL, I fell for the spin and I was very much influenced by her to buy the products. And I bought a lot of them.

However, there was one incident which made me hit the unfollow button. It was after the biopsy drama and a kind cancer survivor sent her a lovely message of encouragement and LLL responds by posting it to her stories in a “look what I have to put up with” kind of way. There was so many ways to handle that situation and she chose to publicly share and play the victim. I didn’t matter to me that the name was hidden, I just felt that was an appalling way to treat another human, who in my mind deserved to be admired not shamed. I had known for sometime I was getting the hard sell, I knew she had sold out for the money, the shameless materialism, the begging for kitchen quartz, the lack of charity, fast fashion, contrived content, it was all getting too much for me. But her treatment of that follower was the final straw.

The whole Instagram Influencer scene is flawed in my opinion. Once these influencers get to a certain number of followers they are enticed by the money that can be made and they sell out and content is never authentic again. I generally unfollow people after they get to a certain size, because of this. LLL has not committed a crime by monetizing her following but she sold herself as something different and that is what is annoying people now. I really thought LLL was different, she came across more genuine. She had her own wealth, her own career, no mortgage, financially independent and seemed to dislike the fake instahun influencer scene. Her content was authentic, she did a lot to promote independent Irish boutiques and only promoted products she really believed in.

Now LLL limited is a company that sells a service, the money that we spend on products she has influenced us to buy is passed onto her, much like a broker. You can call it sponsorship, paid advertising, brand ambassador or commission, whatever - but there is financial reward in return for her influencing us to buy products. So with that should come some accountability. Someone on here has compared her stories to the QVC channel and that is exactly right, except you know what to expect with QVC, but with LLL we are led to believe something different. And whether she will admit it or not she has become something she told us she never was.

The responses by her this week did nothing to help her reputation – if she is so concerned about businesses recovering from covid – why not pay for the services you use, and give back to small business a little. However, the businesses she continues to promote are the ones that pay her the most, the ones that can afford to pay her – not the ones most in need or most deserving - that doesn’t come into it anymore. She can’t claim the morale high ground anymore, she sold out to the highest bidder and lost that right.

As for the trolling claims, this has really infuriated me. If you buy a product or service in most industries, you are entitled to your feedback – google reviews, trust pilot, tripadvisor, amazon, ebay. There is no feedback platform for influencers, so places like Tattle become this. LLL is a lucrative enterprise and 95% of the comments on this page are feedback relating to the service provided by this enterprise. To call this trolling is manipulation of the truth to suit her own agenda and financial gain.

We could just ‘jog on’ to use her own words but I don’t think that’s its acceptable to outlaw asking questions, it feels very subservient. There are very few industries where business owners would get away with treating any stakeholder like that. In my mind this is further confirmation that this an industry that needs to be more regulated and transparent, and that those funding it have a right to a voice and question practices.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Roisin Dubh

VIP Member
Gyms closing too😳
The geriatric King Charles, on hearing this news, has barricaded himself into the Gazebo, as he knows that with no gym, she will have the legs walked off him. He took a massive 💩 on the fake lawn first though, just to have a good laugh at her cleaning it up in her white retired American tourist pants

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Roisin Dubh

VIP Member
Next thread title suggestion:

‘Offaly’s answer to QVC, Lisa gets her PR advice from Tattle for free’

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Shop girl

Chatty Member
Ok this is strange behaviour, tagged two local businesses without saying she wasn’t paid to tag them. That’s a turnabout. Whichever of her minions are reading comments on here are just feeding her our suggestions, we are better than any PR company. Her followers who aren’t on here must be wondering what the hell is happening and why the content has changed so much.
Also as we are coming to the end of this thread I suggest we use Roisin Dubhs comment ‘QVC the Offaly edition’ as the name for Thread #3

Reactions: 19

Missycoco

VIP Member
Isn’t it great though Ladz , been able to air your point of view on LLL and other Influencer , want to ask them a question just post it on Tattler . Before you had to message her direct, you either got ignored or blocked . Any by god is there many a thing I have wanted to say over the last 12 months . Now I don’t have to just sit here jumping up and down cursing into my phone , family and pets thinking I have lost the plot.. ah the freedom of finally been able give your opinion and know you are not alone in your thoughts and views . I honestly believed everyone adored her and believed everything she said or her bloody fake discounts. Oh boy how wrong was I . 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 17

PassingThrough

"Not being paid to share the Savoy discount" :rolleyes::rolleyes: Lisa, this just shows how out of touch you are. You, your partner and son were put up, wined and dined for two nights on a bank holiday weekend at no cost to you. That's a luxury well beyond the reach of many at the moment and you got it as a freebie. Maybe some of your team should explain the concept of payment in kind.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Strawberrylover

I'm a long time follower of LLL on FB. Only came over to Instagram in the last 15 months or so.
Found this site last week by accident. Have read through all the posts on the previous thread on LLL. What an eye opener.
Loved her in the beginning. Bought from some of the boutiques she would go in to like Saretta. Got 2 things made by MMC which are fabulous and will last years. Used a couple of her discount codes too but not in the last long time.
Her content is just so predictable now. Its obvious she is only showing things now that she is been paid for and not the things she actually loves. Its the same few stores on repeat. The skincare/make up really shows this up, no one changes their skincare routine this much!!!
Have no problem with the woman making money but its the sly way she's doing it is very sickening. Own up to the interest you have in them and the companies you are a director of.
Her attitude to that cancer survivor was shocking. That really put me off her.
Her reaction today about the Savoy really showed her for what she is. Whether the Savoy were wise to give her the freebie is one thing but to take all that and then claim I'm not been paid.....oh Lord. The hospitality industry on the whole in on its knees. Why didn't she eat outside the hotel & pay for it seeing as she is such a champion for supporting Irish and local.
Did always find it strange she never promoted business close to home. Birr Stables seemed to be as close as she got & nothing about them in ages. Liked seeing their stuff too cos it wasn't the same thing you see everywhere.
I really think she needs to go back to basics. There's barely a family that isn't struggling one way or the other right now & seeing a wealthy woman make money off "bargains" she's getting her loyal followers is disgusting while stuffing it into her LV bag 🙄

Reactions: 16

sickofthem

It designs websites as part of its offerings but it’s main function is marketing.
So firstly, she lets on that she is not marketing things. She pretends she’s a harmless country girl just telling people what she likes. She doesn’t want anyone thinking it’s a business. So if what she says is true, why have a marketing agency at all?
So their main aim is to increase income , so they have put their various clients in contact to help them all help each other to make more money.
Again I believe we were led to believe that she found these products when using them and then decided to let us grateful followers into her secret. Aren’t we so lucky?
No, she’s a cold hard selling machine, with a marketing agency and a limited company.
She’s obviously Been advised to branch out more.
I’d say Meaghers got wind of this and are backing away- and so she’s trying to get boots on the hook . Wait and see, Meaghers will disappear from the website.
We’ve had no symprove or altrient or chats with oonagh for over a week. Know she drank something this morning but it wasn’t mentioned what it was.
Mark my words.. Meaghers out and Boots in.
That oonagh one is cute- can see the writing on the wall.
But what about the thousands lll and oonagh had their followers spend on various tonics and drinks? Is that all now no good? Money down the drain?
She’s a snake oil salesman and the sooner people realise that the better

Reactions: 15

sickofthem

Hey ladzzzzz. Remember LLL told us she would only recommend stuff she had tried and loved? Rem she told us she would only flog stuff she uses herself. REM the distinct lack of Human and kind products in her bathroom? That’s because she doesn’t use them.
You know the way a z list celebrity signs with an agency and then there is a showmance being faked with another z list celeb on that agents books.
Well, whizz.ie is a marketing company. It lists it’s clients as
1 . LLL
2. Domains de Jeanne wine
3. human and kind

see pics below from their site.
So whizz decided that if they all scratched each other’s backs, it would make more money for all.
So now we know why she flogs their stuff!!!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 15

Loula5

I used to like Lisa, I felt she was very genuine and she looks great for her age but when she first told her followers about her skin cancer scare, a follower messaged her with a very heartfelt message about her own experience and Lisa screen shotted it and put it on her stories saying ' don't send me messages like these' or something like that . I thought it was a very cold thing to do, it really shocked me and I really felt for the lady who sent the message.

Reactions: 14

Missycoco

VIP Member
Ohhhhh mammy is saying the prayers alight. Bet she thinks this is a blip? Lisa, people have woken up to your Bull. The awful thing about this is that brands that she has f***** over in the past we’re probably afraid of speaking up as they were afraid of her power & the fact that she’s The BULLY. Speak up brands. Speak up and tell your story Of dealing with this woman?
Mammy praying.. total hypocrisy. So religious but really do not understand the meaning of greed, gluttony, boasting! Is it not better to give than receive ? self adoration, self importance, Can’t abide hypocrites

She really has no shame, so thick skinned and self entitled. Mammy is praying for the Trolls . Look up the definition of a Troll you silly greedy woman!! Stop trying to look for sympathy through brainwashed Followers , touching 50 and running to daddy with your problems!! You and every other greedy fake Influencers are getting exposed for what you really are. More and more people are becoming aware of how this Influencer process works, through Tattle, Instagram accounts etc. if you put yourself on social media , your life, your whinging, your bragging which is so ugly, people are going to form opinions, have discussions ? . Wake up look around you there is a Pandemic , this is your second free hotel break during it! Can you not take in the fact frontline workers run off their feet, no breaks, the little business in your own town trying to keep their heads above water, do you support them, how hard is it to promote them on your Insta? People lost their jobs struggling to feed their families . Yet every day we are subjected to the self important, self obsessed gym, or walks posts , where you slip in something to flog. Constant ads, swipe ups to make you more money, your connection to brands you promote. Trolling you silly woman , it’s healthy debate on Influencers as a whole , some of you are constantly begging with your hints for stuff, a kitchen , worktop , you can afford them so why?? greed, even your daddy gets freebies , that wine video omg we were speechless , he had no problem accepting though did he? . Sorry my dear it’s going to take a lot more than a few novenas to stop the followers becoming more and more aware of you lot, have you noticed we are all people who used to follow you, liked you, were taken in and purchased goods, attended your charity (I say the word charity very loosely) shows, Some work in the town that you feel too god enough in to acknowledge the people that are not in your very minute circle, the beauty, hair , nails that gave you freebies at some point or other. No doubt you and Chris who also has no problem accepting freebies also will expect the red carpet treatment from the Savoy later and probably get it. As a matter of interest why can’t you do your own praying??

• Heart
Reactions: 13

ShyGuy

LLL has been exceptionally quiet so I agree with many of the comments here that she is struggling to react. I won’t be watching the live this morning, but I wouldn’t like to see her being ambushed live either. Personally I think our cause is much better served by showing some charity and use the opportunity only to direct people here for a discussion. It’s quite possible she would take advantage of the opportunity to be portrayed as the victim and play the troll card, so we should show new people that this is not the case at all. If anybody needs to be ambushed it’s the brands who push the whole influencer scene.

But now that we have the attention of LLL Limited, this would be a summary of some of the great advice that has been shared here:
  • You refuse to see your followers as your customers – that’s a mistake. There may be no direct financial transactions between you and your followers, but that’s just semantics. We have been funding your enterprise.
  • No enterprise can afford not to listen to their customers, in fact many invest heavily in this because its value. Engaging with your customers early can avoid dirty laundry being aired on public feedback forums.
  • Social responsibility is important part of any modern enterprise. Granted it won’t fund the LV bags as quickly but it’s great for the conscience.
  • Your followers are a little older and a little wiser than most other instahun groupies, there needs to be some substance to your content. You won’t get away BS and keep your original followers. If you had sought feedback this would probably have been made very apparent to you before now.
  • There is no shame is admitting you have made mistakes. In fact, it might make you more relatable. Maybe this is an opportunity to prove your worth and acknowledge the debate. And god forbid you might even see the opportunity to promote a campaign that would clean up this industry a little and make it more accountable. Afterall, most of us on here have acknowledged the flaws in the industry – the brands entice you with money most couldn't say no to. It will have to change sooner or later. But maybe someone with your wealth and platform could challenge them for the greater good. Now that’s what I would call a “win win”.
  • Having people who care enough to tell you the truth is something to behold!

• Heart

Shop girl

Chatty Member
Could we leave her son out of any comments on here. It’s maybe a step too far as he is only a minor. It’s a bit off topic and he doesn’t appear on her account just the mentions of him which he has no control over.

Mona86

VIP Member
My eyes have been truely opened by this forum.I had my own views for a good while but liked the products and discounts and love a bit of nice make up and getting dressed up. So many people are struggling at the minute financially mentally and socially now more than ever due to this covid pandemic and its difficult to see influencers being gifted so so much when others could only dream of it while making so much money in the process. Alot of people dont even have the money and are buying stuff on credit card to feel good like these bloggers even if its only for an hour. Sometimes i feel the less you have the more you appreciate nice stuff in life. Its very easy to feel bloogers and influencers are your best friend but yes eyes are truely open. Have a lovely day
I’m so glad that people’s eyes are being opened. A client and friend of mine called Paula, who wouldn’t mind me naming her, went to Lisa’s show last year as she got it as a gift. She didn’t actually follow lisa until she was given the ticket. She said it was sell, sell, sell. Each stall, over 15-17 paid €1k to be there, then Lisa is on a cut of sales, not to mention the 300 people x €75-100 for the tickets, and the Oonagh/Benefit/Chlobo etc all who have a spot in stage. It’s in the tens of thousands for this lady. And not a penny to donate to charity. Locally in Christmas 2018 we did fundraising for Barnardos. We mailed every blogger. Luna by Lisa were the first to send a massive hamper, Suzanne Jackson also sent loads and not to mention shapes and shadows blog. When Lisa was asked she said she makes her own donations privately & all the time & cant commit to every request. We were literally collecting make up for bereaved teenage girls. She wouldn’t even donate a lipstick. This woman is robbing ye blind. Please, please, please spread the word.

• Angry

Smurfett 23

Definitely reading on here guys - Chris giving a big smiley cheers 🍷😋

Of course he is, Lisa prob said to him “ Chris I was talking to Dad about the comments on Tattle and Dad said tell Chris to smile and put on a brave face and pretend ye are having a great time even though we only got an ordinary room. So Chris smile like Scotland won the World Cup and we’ll get more free drinks after the meal.....

• Haha