Lisa McGowan @Lisas_Lust_List #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s pretty class alright that they listened. Also, Lads looks like Pippa is out at Adare Manor in Co Limerick & Lisa inside in her double room in the city centre.... 😂😂😂
We should tell her pop out to "look" at adare manor & she mighg see Pippa LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 5
now that is a spot to gush over. I doubt they do freebies to any auld blogger/chancer.

Whatever my thoughts on some other influecers products like Pippa, Tignam at least its something they've been involved in and brought to market. I think LLL is all snake oil I remember at least 4 references of being involved in something exciting but still nothing. The newsletter escapes me. I cringe for so many my age who signed up in their droves. But to me it seemed a backward step. Obviously I'm wrong.

Reactions: 2
I was a little underwhelmed by the savoy rooms. Didn't have a wow factor for me. Nothing luxurious about the bathrooms. Not even a double bath to drink the bubbles in though my fella would leave me at home if I was packing the pjs
Yes very underwhelming, is this a 5 star????

apparently so but I don't see it. We were in Monart last year and that was way more wow and 5*. Maybe its the difference between town vs country setting as rooms are smaller. But it didn't scream luxury.

Limrick on
Pippa O’Connor ... she’s out at Adare Manor.
Thank you Blakey

Limrick on

Thank you Blakey
A few Limrick business sending her stuff,why? does not look that expencive so it won’t get a mention and end going to mammy . Would they not be better of yet again sending to the more deserving.cases . all looking for a mention from her, god bless them . It’s sad really

Is the one who owns this dog, spitting image on my baba

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Hi everyone. I have been following this thread for a while now and want to share my perspective.

Until a few months ago I was a long time follower of LLL, I fell for the spin and I was very much influenced by her to buy the products. And I bought a lot of them.

However, there was one incident which made me hit the unfollow button. It was after the biopsy drama and a kind cancer survivor sent her a lovely message of encouragement and LLL responds by posting it to her stories in a “look what I have to put up with” kind of way. There was so many ways to handle that situation and she chose to publicly share and play the victim. I didn’t matter to me that the name was hidden, I just felt that was an appalling way to treat another human, who in my mind deserved to be admired not shamed. I had known for sometime I was getting the hard sell, I knew she had sold out for the money, the shameless materialism, the begging for kitchen quartz, the lack of charity, fast fashion, contrived content, it was all getting too much for me. But her treatment of that follower was the final straw.

The whole Instagram Influencer scene is flawed in my opinion. Once these influencers get to a certain number of followers they are enticed by the money that can be made and they sell out and content is never authentic again. I generally unfollow people after they get to a certain size, because of this. LLL has not committed a crime by monetizing her following but she sold herself as something different and that is what is annoying people now. I really thought LLL was different, she came across more genuine. She had her own wealth, her own career, no mortgage, financially independent and seemed to dislike the fake instahun influencer scene. Her content was authentic, she did a lot to promote independent Irish boutiques and only promoted products she really believed in.

Now LLL limited is a company that sells a service, the money that we spend on products she has influenced us to buy is passed onto her, much like a broker. You can call it sponsorship, paid advertising, brand ambassador or commission, whatever - but there is financial reward in return for her influencing us to buy products. So with that should come some accountability. Someone on here has compared her stories to the QVC channel and that is exactly right, except you know what to expect with QVC, but with LLL we are led to believe something different. And whether she will admit it or not she has become something she told us she never was.

The responses by her this week did nothing to help her reputation – if she is so concerned about businesses recovering from covid – why not pay for the services you use, and give back to small business a little. However, the businesses she continues to promote are the ones that pay her the most, the ones that can afford to pay her – not the ones most in need or most deserving - that doesn’t come into it anymore. She can’t claim the morale high ground anymore, she sold out to the highest bidder and lost that right.

As for the trolling claims, this has really infuriated me. If you buy a product or service in most industries, you are entitled to your feedback – google reviews, trust pilot, tripadvisor, amazon, ebay. There is no feedback platform for influencers, so places like Tattle become this. LLL is a lucrative enterprise and 95% of the comments on this page are feedback relating to the service provided by this enterprise. To call this trolling is manipulation of the truth to suit her own agenda and financial gain.

We could just ‘jog on’ to use her own words but I don’t think that’s its acceptable to outlaw asking questions, it feels very subservient. There are very few industries where business owners would get away with treating any stakeholder like that. In my mind this is further confirmation that this an industry that needs to be more regulated and transparent, and that those funding it have a right to a voice and question practices.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Hi everyone. I have been following this thread for a while now and want to share my perspective.

Until a few months ago I was a long time follower of LLL, I fell for the spin and I was very much influenced by her to buy the products. And I bought a lot of them.

However, there was one incident which made me hit the unfollow button. It was after the biopsy drama and a kind cancer survivor sent her a lovely message of encouragement and LLL responds by posting it to her stories in a “look what I have to put up with” kind of way. There was so many ways to handle that situation and she chose to publicly share and play the victim. I didn’t matter to me that the name was hidden, I just felt that was an appalling way to treat another human, who in my mind deserved to be admired not shamed. I had known for sometime I was getting the hard sell, I knew she had sold out for the money, the shameless materialism, the begging for kitchen quartz, the lack of charity, fast fashion, contrived content, it was all getting too much for me. But her treatment of that follower was the final straw.

The whole Instagram Influencer scene is flawed in my opinion. Once these influencers get to a certain number of followers they are enticed by the money that can be made and they sell out and content is never authentic again. I generally unfollow people after they get to a certain size, because of this. LLL has not committed a crime by monetizing her following but she sold herself as something different and that is what is annoying people now. I really thought LLL was different, she came across more genuine. She had her own wealth, her own career, no mortgage, financially independent and seemed to dislike the fake instahun influencer scene. Her content was authentic, she did a lot to promote independent Irish boutiques and only promoted products she really believed in.

Now LLL limited is a company that sells a service, the money that we spend on products she has influenced us to buy is passed onto her, much like a broker. You can call it sponsorship, paid advertising, brand ambassador or commission, whatever - but there is financial reward in return for her influencing us to buy products. So with that should come some accountability. Someone on here has compared her stories to the QVC channel and that is exactly right, except you know what to expect with QVC, but with LLL we are led to believe something different. And whether she will admit it or not she has become something she told us she never was.

The responses by her this week did nothing to help her reputation – if she is so concerned about businesses recovering from covid – why not pay for the services you use, and give back to small business a little. However, the businesses she continues to promote are the ones that pay her the most, the ones that can afford to pay her – not the ones most in need or most deserving - that doesn’t come into it anymore. She can’t claim the morale high ground anymore, she sold out to the highest bidder and lost that right.

As for the trolling claims, this has really infuriated me. If you buy a product or service in most industries, you are entitled to your feedback – google reviews, trust pilot, tripadvisor, amazon, ebay. There is no feedback platform for influencers, so places like Tattle become this. LLL is a lucrative enterprise and 95% of the comments on this page are feedback relating to the service provided by this enterprise. To call this trolling is manipulation of the truth to suit her own agenda and financial gain.

We could just ‘jog on’ to use her own words but I don’t think that’s its acceptable to outlaw asking questions, it feels very subservient. There are very few industries where business owners would get away with treating any stakeholder like that. In my mind this is further confirmation that this an industry that needs to be more regulated and transparent, and that those funding it have a right to a voice and question practices.
Couldnt have said it better. . 100% spot n.

Reactions: 2
Limrick on

Thank you Blakey

A few Limrick business sending her stuff,why? does not look that expencive so it won’t get a mention and end going to mammy . Would they not be better of yet again sending to the more deserving.cases . all looking for a mention from her, god bless them . It’s sad really

Is the one who owns this dog, spitting image on my baba
She’s only showing that stuff to make herself look popular. If it wasn’t for the Tattle stuff leaking out more and more, everything would have gone in the bin and never been shown!

Reactions: 3

You are spot on. The biopsy drama Drove me mad. Many people get moles removed all the time. She acted as if she had found a worrying lump in her breast like so many poor women do. Everything is for sale. Her bra size, her dinner, her son, Chris, Mammy, daddy, Linda is obviously laughing all the way to the bank ! You are correct about other business owners having to answer for every single transaction or gift or benefit in kind. Lisa offloads anything ‘tacky’ in her eyes but would flog it to us to make €€€. We need to find a way to publicise this further than tattle. Every single brand on that website would be shafted if someone else came with more money. She was swearing by mullingar opticians yet I see a different optician in this months newsletter ? Her ‘only jeans’ that she would ever wear went from PiJac to Freddie’s but she’s clearly planning to flog another brand in a few days hence the lead up... you don’t keep shower gel bear the sink, human & kind props came away With her as a prop for the photo op only.. everything is a lie. Some women are spending a fortune to ‘support her’ and she’s actually robbing them blind.

Reactions: 9
She’s only showing that stuff to make herself look popular. If it wasn’t for the Tattle stuff leaking out more and more, everything would have gone in the bin and never been shown!
I think that coat is designer brand from McInherinneys Tommy Hillfiger maybe, The shirt is about €79 Euro , would not catch me paying that for a shirt (was in the trade know the trade price) and I got nicer ones from Next outlet no where near that price, and them trainers are the very expensive soft leather italian not Irish ones she was trying to flog a few weeks back ‘guyz these are the softest leather, guyz they are selling out fast, us my discount code guyz .

Great post! You've set out perfectly the issue with accounts such as LLL. Clear, factual and objective - exactly the type of argument that will get under the skin of influencers as it can't be passed off as trolling or bullying. It's this kind of reasoning that will start to worry the brands associated with such pages.👏👏👏👏

Yes very well put and spot on, so many new people finding Tattle and realising they are not on their own in their views on LLL and many other Influencers . The quicker they are investigated they better. Also agree on the Biopsy comment , she was so out of other, showed no empathy whatsoever ever to the follower who took the time to message her. Also the Teeth Whitening strips the way she spoke to the followers who messaged to find out why the strips were not included in orders as stated by her, she got paid for promoting and selling them! She is so rude she never answers messages. a very wealthy woman who has not got a care in the world for others who aspire to be like her , admire and worship her . It is so sad . To me it’s a bit like the old Timeshare tout selling tactics that were eventually banned in the property industry .Dress it up any way the want it is touring for business . Deep down she knows that discussions on here are not Trolling, she would have made it public, known to her followers if she really believed that, she can drop little hints, run to the daddy for advise etc, nothing will make a difference Influencers have been caught out and we will carry on discussing and educating as many followers as possible we only deal in truthful facts . like I said before, we were all followers once , admired her until she got too big for her boots

Reactions: 3
You are spot on. The biopsy drama Drove me mad. Many people get moles removed all the time. She acted as if she had found a worrying lump in her breast like so many poor women do. Everything is for sale. Her bra size, her dinner, her son, Chris, Mammy, daddy, Linda is obviously laughing all the way to the bank ! You are correct about other business owners having to answer for every single transaction or gift or benefit in kind. Lisa offloads anything ‘tacky’ in her eyes but would flog it to us to make €€€. We need to find a way to publicise this further than tattle. Every single brand on that website would be shafted if someone else came with more money. She was swearing by mullingar opticians yet I see a different optician in this months newsletter ? Her ‘only jeans’ that she would ever wear went from PiJac to Freddie’s but she’s clearly planning to flog another brand in a few days hence the lead up... you don’t keep shower gel bear the sink, human & kind props came away With her as a prop for the photo op only.. everything is a lie. Some women are spending a fortune to ‘support her’ and she’s actually robbing them blind.
This also drove me mental I’m a breast cancer patient and I thought she handled it horribly with the response to that lady. It’s not like we haven’t enough to deal with without self absorbed vile money hungry greedy people like her!!!!

• Heart
Great post! You've set out perfectly the issue with accounts such as LLL. Clear, factual and objective - exactly the type of argument that will get under the skin of influencers as it can't be passed off as trolling or bullying. It's this kind of reasoning that will start to worry the brands associated with such pages.👏👏👏👏
Spot on is correct. Very well put arguments.

L
This also drove me mental I’m a breast cancer patient and I thought she handled it horribly with the response to that lady. It’s not like we haven’t enough to deal with without self absorbed vile money hungry greedy people like her!!!!
I didn't see that but it sounds so awful I'm amazed she has any followers left. What a horrible, callous thing to do. Schol bully tactics.

Reactions: 4
So obvious today saying about the €13 admission fee to St Johns Castle, obviously Shannon Heritage didn’t get the memo that she was on a junket in Limerick for the weekend and they should hot foot it to The Savoy to leave tickets at reception for her. Wouldn’t have been room anyway by looks of things with all the gifts. 😃 Least she could have done is open the gifts, maybe would have created some exposure to those businesses but as we know Lisa doesn’t do freebies. So much for supporting Irish business!

Reactions: 5
I see Ben Haugh (editor of the Times in Ireland) is looking for info on Twitter on influencers who told everyone to stay home and are not swanning away on holidays. Who’s going to mail him about...

saw this on a thread about Suzanne Jackson... looks like he’s doing an article of some sort

and yes, if you really cared about helping Irish businesses, you’d pay the girl who does your brows. I think she said she was just new in business... wouldn’t you think she’d throw her a few quid. I have a friend who does my hair and sometimes when I’ve done something for her, she’ll do my hair for free. I hate it and hate making an appt when she does it. It’s easier just to pay and have everything on the level

Reactions: 7
Not reading Tattle , yeah right , anything we discuss ,hey presto it appears on the LLL story, the camera shy guy who only poses with a free drink , the free whisky sours . Been petty and childish now both, we know it’s taking up your Freebie weekend watching Tattle. You put yourself in the public domain , folk are going to discuss and share photos, comments, so basically deal with it, stop making yourselves out look so very silly.

Oh wow! The Adare Manor looks ever so beautiful , lucky Pippa

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.