Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I saw her with Bowie in apple green yesterday lunch time so I was very surprised to see the dramatic post last night. She is lucky to be telling the tale today if her appendix bursted, some dose. She could do with some of that tan water she is always talking about she was as white as a sheet on her storys today. I have a confession to make, I say Ghandis flip flop too ever since I heard it on Gordon Ramsey, I didn’t know people would have considered it racist? 🤷‍♀️ 😕
I think its an over reaction to consider it racist tbh

Reactions: 32

Daisyxo

Are we really begrudging a 4 year old a unicorn party with her parents and little sister after having her whole little world upended and spending such a long time in lockdown, away from her little friends and their extended family?

Maybe it was excessive but no rules were broken and the last few months has been so hard on everyone, why shouldn’t she get to have a little party with her immediate family members?
After the last few months most parents I know are doing anything they can to put smiles on their kids faces.
This hasn’t been an easy time for anyone.
Begrudging a 4 year ole her cake, bouncy castle and balloons is frankly pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I think its more about how she said it not what she said... and re-emphasising the fact that she was panicking. She's a blogger and has a large following with real life people who suffer real life issues and aren't as lucky as her... a bit of tact with talking about the situation isin't much to ask of someone with such a platform. Again I'm happy its nothing serious but as someone who is going through it at the moment she could have had sensitivity to the fact other people aren't so fortunate.
Were we watching the same story?? Her appendix burst, she could have died. If she didn’t say it, she can’t be reprimanded for something someone took from her story, but wasn’t said or implied at all? I’m so very sorry to hear you are having a hard time healthwise at the moment, but you’re putting words in her mouth and you’re choosing to be offended over things she never said? Could we say the same about Rachel mcGorry? Oh she only lost a husband, sure people have buried kids what’s she crying about? People are allowed be frightened and scared for their own situation without always having to put strangers feelings and problems above their own.

Reactions: 27

Daisyxo

I fully expect to be labelled as a fan girl again but as someone also going through investigations & treatments for cervical cancer at the moment (and for the last few years), I fully understood her panic and fear because it’s every woman’s worst nightmare.
She only said what every woman thinks, it’s not her fault that it’s reality for some people, myself included. I don’t think it’s insensitive, it’s a completely rational fear.
An inflamed appendix is scary but is a routine procedure, cancer is absolutely terrifying no matter what age you are.
And I don’t think me having cervical issues gives me a monopoly to dictate how other people assess their own health worries - someone is always going to have it worse, aren’t they?

I hope her stories might make more women take abdominal pain more seriously and seek earlier intervention, blogger drama aside we as women often put ourselves last and can sometimes end up really sick because we don’t prioritise ourselves.
More awareness needs to be raised on that front for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Daisyxo

All the fashion experts here need to send on their advice to get Pearls wardrobe up to scratch, you’d swear she dressed the kids in dirty potato sacks with some of the comments here 😂

People were complaining she was wearing jeans and a jumper at the weekend saying she should have been wearing a dress for her birthday, today on the child’s actual birthday she puts a dress on her but that’s still not good enough cause it’s a similar colour to the fecking bike.

No wonder they end up giving people the two fingers cause it’s very clear some can never be pleased no matter how she dresses those kids and they’ll still find something to criticise, and it’s frankly bizarre 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 22

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Her style is genuinely the worst I’ve ever seen on a grown adult who isn’t a traveller. It’s absolutely atrocious, tragic, desperate. She looks cheap as hell. It’s borderline creepy to be honest

• Haha

Ladyqt

“Just Jordan - nasty gal or boohoo head to toe - kids put out to work but dads a no-show”

• Haha

MojitoMel

Chatty Member
I thought her laughing about Bowie smashing the apple watch this morning in poor taste. Nothing to do with Bowie, but the fact that she wasnt bothered about a watch worth over €400 being destroyed, and was laughing about it, the first thing I thought of was Jesus I'd love to be able to laugh at that, I'd be in a heap and no spare money to replace it, but the next thing she does is go online and spend €200 on a mirror. And probably have a new watch gifted to her in the next few days. The average follower just cant relate to that at the best of times, never mind during a pandemic when we are in recession. It really annoyed me.

Reactions: 21

ButtonMoon

I don’t get the hate toward the new brush?
Unless you’re Elon musk the majority of what is being made and shipped to sell retail is from factories in Asia. They have catalogues showing the products and if you choose to buy you make your changes such as labelling, packaging, and your own level of quality control. In her case I imagine she changed the sponge and brushes as the generic one are very plastic and don’t hold powder or creams.
So yeah I’m sure you can buy it on Ali for a few quid but it’s not going to be the same.
This is a practice across most of retail. My job requires going to these factories. I see the prototypes. They do take ages to get right.

I’ve never bought a Luna product. I don’t know that I ever will. But giving hate over a practice that happens across most retail is a bit much.
Do I think she has the hardest job in the world? No not at all. Her and the other bloggers would lose their reason at a real day of hard work but I’m not going to hate her for something so silly.

What should she do buy a factory and hire and inventor to create her products making them astronomical in price and out of reach of most people? She’d be the worst in the world for doing that too.

Reactions: 19
I think its an over reaction to consider it racist tbh
It is belittling actual racism.

I'm actually shocked that she came on banging on about thank god its not her ovaries... really insensitive comment to make when people are still reeling from HSE's handling of cervix scandal and women who are going through this worrying time themselves...I for one am one of those people. Her stories actually upset me the way she kept banging on about it...very insensitive
Did she remove the story where she was talking about being worried about it being her cervix? I looked back and can only see the ones where she says she was worried about her kids. I took that up as she thought she had ovarian cancer because she says “what were they after finding” when the woman called someone. I dont think it is insensitive for her to say she was worried? I think when Terri mcavoid carried on like she had cancer was insensitive and disgusting and even Rosie, I think she should have waited for her results before making it content... but people are allowed to be upset and scared for their own situations even if there is worse going on in the world. Just my opinion anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
I watched her story 3 times and not once did she say the word CERVICAL? she spoke about her Ovaries, thats two different parts of a woman's anatomy. If i was in pain down there i would be very worried. I actually respect her more for coming on after the operation rather than milking it all week before getting the results. :rolleyes: I did not think she was looking for attention, in fact i have noticed she has become a lot more open of late. Now in saying that she would sell her nanny for a 5er :sneaky: but i think she is one of the best online at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Comeonnowgurl

How is it that her products are allowed to be sold in supermarkets etc and kids clothes and other items are not? Make up isn’t essential. People don’t need the stress of being told to buy these items she is flogging and adding worry about finances while in lockdown. And another thing - Chinese/ English sweatshop factories making that fast fashion tat & the amount of trash bags of clothes for enable. It’s probably a months worth of her gifts and purchases, the environment is ruined from this shit.

fastandthecurious

I'm actually shocked that she came on banging on about thank god its not her ovaries... really insensitive comment to make when people are still reeling from HSE's handling of cervix scandal and women who are going through this worrying time themselves...I for one am one of those people. Her stories actually upset me the way she kept banging on about it...very insensitive

• Sad
  • Heart

Mona86

VIP Member
As the mother of a prem baby (now school going child) - she is a disgrace to use world premmie day to flog water wipes. A month early is not the worry that premmy parents have. 37 weeks is full term. She had her baby at 36 weeks. I’m sure it was a worry but it’s not the same and I am so annoyed she is manipulating such a serious thing for selling

Daisyxo

I don’t think anyone is saying we all have to agree, but you can’t expect not to be challenged if you are going to post complaining about a child’s birthday party that was made up of her mam, dad and sister when some of the others have been breaking every rule in the book throughout the pandemic.

There have been numerous comments about how ugly and impractical the flouncy dresses and collars/socks she usually dresses the girls in are, and how she’s forcing them to be girly girls with all the elaborate dresses.
Yesterday she dressed them in jeans and jumpers, perfect outfits for jumping around a bouncy castle IMO but apparently she should have put dresses on them cause it was a party.
Sometimes they really can’t win, I think it’s amusing and I don’t see why that can’t be discussed either.

• Heart
Reactions: 16