Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

yougotthismama

I found the huge fuss over Rich taking Grey to baby sensory just... unhelpful. It IS great that he has this time with his daughter and I appreciated her acknowledging that paternity leave in the UK is shit and unfair. So why then make out like a dad going to a baby class is so hilarious and weird? Like he was super out of place and didn’t belong there?! That’s exactly the kind of attitude stopping dads who CAN take time off from doing so. It would’ve been so great for her to show Rich just getting on with it and saying he enjoyed the class. Ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

thistle

Honestly, she is everything wrong with youtube. Someone who was there at the right place & right time, and has done nothing to evolve or engage an audience, she is in it purely for the validation and the freebies. She has zero awareness as to how fortunate she is, yes child birth and having a new born can likely be hard, but most new parents do not have a fraction of the stability, freedom and comforts she has. She was even gifted bloody nappies, and makes out that pr gifts are major considered splurges. I gave her a go again in a pre-birth video, and she said the most entitled thing, that they were prepping food in case she couldn't get out to a cafe or her parents wouldn't be able to bring food over.... not that it matters, because she got Hello Fresh anyway. On her instagram it's constant pr trips (sorry pr experiences), sending out hints to companies to give her stuff and even worse using her own child as advertising material. She moans and posts grumpy faces under the guise of "keeping it real" which is both unprofessional and so ignorant.

Why can't these companies actually do something more egalitarian and positive, like give the consumers the discount codes or donate their products to hospitals, shelters, food banks etc rather than further line the nests of already fortunate influencers who moan if they have to even spend a penny of their own.

What is she even going to do on youtube now? Constant stream of "look what I got in pr".

Said it before, but Anna, sorry to compare, has diversified far better and carved out her own niche with her own style, her book reviews, travel etc.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

tootsie

Chatty Member
Lily on stories out for a walk with Grey in the carrier asleep but can’t go into the house because the change of temperature and sounds will wake the baby up....Get a grip!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow

hrh89

VIP Member
Can you imagine the jokes at school (and her entire life) about favourite colours and the like. Honestly the worst name I’ve heard
I think she’ll be fine at school because I’d imagine she’ll go to a posh fee paying school where all the parents pick trendy names like marmite and prawn. She’ll fit right in.

• Haha

tootsie

Chatty Member
So Lily tried out mummy and baby yoga today and she took along Grey’s baby Bjorn bouncer chair so that the poor little mite didn’t have to lie on a baby mat 🤦‍♀️ Heaven forbid a baby lies on a mat..

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

yougotthismama

She’s fallen into the classic trap - you have one kid and they’re a reasonably easy baby so you think you know everything about parenting and start sharing your ~knowledge~ on social media. I did it too! I have a tiny following compared to Lily but I did all the ‘advice’ posts when my easy baby was small. Then the baby became a toddler and I had another kid and realised I know fucking nothing about parenting. We’re all making it up as we go along and to share ‘wisdom’ just a few weeks into the journey is disingenuous.

I unfollowed when she posted about Grey’s bedtime being at 5.39pm, just as I was eating for the first time that day. I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life 😂😅

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Ejwyld

I've emailed Elvie saying the Lily campaign has completely put me off and made me question the genuine/authentic nature of any of its reviews given she barely used the product... Will feedback if I get a response!

Reactions: 18

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I
Christ Lily - it does not matter how much you go on about it nobody is going to feel sorry for influencers and Schillers .... you may have worked hard in the beginning (doubt it) but you truly have no real idea what hard work is. You got on the bandwagon early and rode it into town on the back of others... ..
I didn’t realise bloggers/ IG content creators were deserving of applause and thanks .

I’ll be sure to let the NHS , emergency services , teachers and educational support staff know there’s someone more deserving of their gratitude🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
In the many baby classes I’ve been to in 7 years of parenting I have never, not once, seen a mum rock up with a bloody bouncer chair to a baby group.

Nor have I heard of parents taking a travel cot and bath seat to their friend’s house for a takeaway.

Or heard someone complain so much about their new body.

I could say first time mum syndrome but she’s gone way past that!

Reactions: 17

Girl meister

I have two children and I never needed all this white noise, headphones and banning cuddles due to over stimulation fussiness. They're both happy and healthy. We took both of them to weddings as babies and our only rule was to sit near the aisle and whichever of us was the least close to the bride or groom would be the one to take then out if they made a noise during the service.
Exactly - people like Lily need to get a life. People have been having babies and going to functions for eons and we don’t need advice from people who know f all about real life anyway. I don’t get all these influencers who think their advice is so essential. Christ we have Anna telling us how to sort out cupboards out for cooking this week as well. Newsflash Anna I have managed to have a baby hold down a full time job and sort my cupboards out without a twenty something telling me what to do.

Reactions: 17

Ilando

VIP Member
If any bloggers/vloggers want to know why people are scathing about their work load and that it not a real job then all they have to do is look at Lily.

So her ‘returning to work’ after her baby is to sit at her laptop and start faffing around (probably begging for freebies!). Meanwhile baby is in the next room with her husband!!!!!! Does she not realise that most mothers have no choice but to leave their babies early in the morning with a childcare provider or family and then cope the whole day without seeing their baby!!! They then see their baby for a few hours before doing exactly the same 5 days a week. All the time while Lily is in the comfort of her own room, can see her baby all the time, is gifted everything etc etc

Reactions: 16

Jade33

VIP Member
As we predicted. Also she is actually buying a product, with HER OWN MONEY !!!I felt like messaging to ask if her purse had cobwebs in it. I wonder what the staff members at Hershesons actually think of these free loaders, would be very interesting to know.
My cousin works at hershesons, says she's a cow (predictably!), Rachel Stevens from s club 7 on the other hand, apparently very nice! 😂

• Haha

Girl meister

Seems late to me... then why ask?! Do whatever you want to do with your baby, no one cares!!
Exactly, Christ how do these fuckwits get through life. It seems they can't do anything without a bloody Poll. 'What do you all think...I have done a poo and I am not sure whether to use 3 pieces of toilet paper or two' 'Someone has rung my doorbell, I don't know whether to answer the door or leave them out there' 'my house is on fire I am not sure whether to call the fire brigade or climb out a window' 'I came downstairs in the night... what shall I do put the lights on or light a candle' and so it goes on.......

• Haha

Juliet

Chatty Member
‘Oh I got up at 7am today, SEVEN AM!’

Ok lily, try getting up at 6am every weekday to go to an actual job like the majority of us.

• Haha

Girl meister

I see on her stories that she has mentioned the new cookbook - 7 day basket or something like that. I just can't accept any authenticity on this. AMR Ruth Crilly had it on hers, but when it is by an author who is represented by Gleam how can you rely on their view? All these people are in a circle of mutual admiration as they are all represented by the same company..... there is no validity in any of their reviews at all as they all have a vested interest in keeping the bandwagon for freeloaders going on.

Reactions: 15

cccccccmmmmmmmmm

"I did 17 hours pretty much without pain relief".

Choosing not to have pain relief is not a badge of honour, Lily. It's just a choice. FFS.

Oh, and while I'm here, shit name as well. Both of them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
She’s fucking disgusting, begging like that when she could buy a new TV with barely a second thought.
There is no shame in our society these days , anything goes if it gets you what you want .

What a society we live in when you can post a picture online ,as a well known content creator , knowing you’ll be given free stuff, yet we live in a time when food banks exist and places of safety are at risk through lack of money .

It’s insane.

Reactions: 14