Lily Pebbles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate how much she goes on about her body now. A lot of people are that size (or bigger), baby or no baby, that’s the body we live in. And that’s absolutely fine?! We’re not spending our days feeling total distain for ourselves, we’re just normal people living our lives. What I can’t stand is logging into social media and having to watch someone constantly going out about how awful their body is, when it’s a body that lots of other people have. The fact she does it without even considering for one second how it might make others feel, or the message she’s giving out, shows how truly self absorbed she is. Also newsflash lily: you won’t have the body that you had in your 20s for the rest of your life. Get over it and get on with your life, like most people do.

Also a ps in case she does read this: you have a daughter now, in a world more obsessed with looks and bodies and weight than ever before. Be responsible about how you talk about your body. Don’t pass down the same narrow and damaging ideas that you have about bodies, that have been ingrained in you. Don’t have her grow up with that kind of parent.
This exactly. I hate how she conflates her baby daughter with her weight gain - that “worth every inch” comment made me feel really uncomfortable. Plus, all of her body works as it should which is a huge privilege she never recognises.

I have a daughter who was born just after Grey so I completely get the feeling of your body being alien to you after childbirth - it takes a lot of adjusting to and especially after your first baby (I’m on my second now so more hardy 😂) it can really knock you for six. However, she has a large audience of impressionable young women many of whom I bet live in bigger bodies than hers (me included) and the way she writes about her size is... problematic. You can share your body image struggles whilst also recognising your slim privilege and accepting that all bodies are valid and worthy of love.

Reactions: 9
So Lily tried out mummy and baby yoga today and she took along Grey’s baby Bjorn bouncer chair so that the poor little mite didn’t have to lie on a baby mat 🤦‍♀️ Heaven forbid a baby lies on a mat..

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
So Lily tried out mummy and baby yoga today and she took along Grey’s baby Bjorn bouncer chair so that the poor little mite didn’t have to lie on a baby mat 🤦‍♀️ Heaven forbid a baby lies on a mat..
I bet the other mums loved her! “Baby grey is far to special to be lying on a mat, she must sit on her Bjorn throne!” 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
In the many baby classes I’ve been to in 7 years of parenting I have never, not once, seen a mum rock up with a bloody bouncer chair to a baby group.

Nor have I heard of parents taking a travel cot and bath seat to their friend’s house for a takeaway.

Or heard someone complain so much about their new body.

I could say first time mum syndrome but she’s gone way past that!

Reactions: 17
WTF?!? She’s one of those mums who thinks they’re better than everyone else as is their baby.Id love to have seen the looks as she walked in the room with that thing😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When will Lily (and Rich) realise that babies are only interesting if they are your own. We don’t give a tit about your sodding baby groups/yoga/sensory. Her content has lost the plot. Imagine being her friend....

So she rocks up to yoga and it was nothing like she expected, "there were mats in a row" Nooo! and when I stretched i gave her a little tickle. FFS Lily , riveting content.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I bet the other mums loved her! “Baby grey is far to special to be lying on a mat, she must sit on her Bjorn throne!” 🙄

Can’t lie on her back on a soft mat, for an hour, but can ‘lay back’ in a bouncer?! Ok then Lily! I wonder how many of the mums there thought she was ridiculous for showing up with more needless equipment, I would e loved to have been a fly on the wall in that class 😂

Reactions: 6
So she rocks up to yoga and it was nothing like she expected, "there were mats in a row" Nooo! and when I stretched i gave her a little tickle. FFS Lily , riveting content.
Don’t forget she gave a tickle to entertain her baby because god forbid Grey isn’t entertained for 1 second 🙄

Noticed on Rich’s Stories that he said Grey was more interested in his food than her milk so that will the next thing. She’ll just have to be weaned early because 6 months just seems too far away 🤣 🙈

In the many baby classes I’ve been to in 7 years of parenting I have never, not once, seen a mum rock up with a bloody bouncer chair to a baby group.

Nor have I heard of parents taking a travel cot and bath seat to their friend’s house for a takeaway.

Or heard someone complain so much about their new body.

I could say first time mum syndrome but she’s gone way past that!
I don’t even think it’s first mum thing, she’s just a self absorbed idiot.

I looked at her tips for taking a baby on holiday and gave up after she said she’d taken the bath seat on holiday. I mean really?! How much space in the case did that even take?

Noticed on Rich’s Stories that he said Grey was more interested in his food than her milk so that will the next thing. She’ll just have to be weaned early because 6 months just seems too far away 🤣 🙈
I’m not normally a judgey mum when it comes to other mums choices. You do what makes baby & you happy but she does need to realise she has a large following & anything she does that goes against guidelines, she needs to think about. But I have no fear she’ll be a weaning expert - posting recipes & only the best organic #gifted baby food for our grey 🙄😂

Reactions: 6
Sometimes a child does just have to move on to solids earlier than recommended. My brother was, he just needed more and more milk, couldn’t fill him up and weight didn’t go on him well enough. Parents took him to doctors about it, and they just said put him on to solids, saying he was clearly ready for them, and that solved the problem.

The important thing about going against established guidelines is getting a GP’s advice first. Just to be cautious.

I’m not normally a judgey mum when it comes to other mums choices. You do what makes baby & you happy but she does need to realise she has a large following & anything she does that goes against guidelines, she needs to think about. But I have no fear she’ll be a weaning expert - posting recipes & only the best organic #gifted baby food for our grey 🙄😂
So many instagrammers seem to be competing over being a weaning expert and shilling the organic baby food. Connie Simmonds and another account I followed (that originally started as an interiors account) Kate’s Victorian Home, god everything is about their babies and weaning. Time to hit unfollow.
Lily will be exactly the same, sourcing cold pressed organic pear juice from Spain for Grey. Imagine their next holiday... suitcases full of food for grey. Poor kid will never get a chip!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It’s exactly this! While some babies do wean early, most don’t. Setting a precedent to her followers that she’s weaning at 4 months could be dangerous, some babes aren’t ready at 7, 8, or 9 months. Unfortunately people will follow her actions (even if she gets GP or health visitor advice), rather than pursuing professional advice of their own. Same when she moved Grey to the buggy part of the pram.

Lol why do new parents always assume that their baby is desperate for food just because they're looking at it and taking an interest? You could dangle anything in front of their eyes and they'll follow it. They're curious about everything at this age because they're just starting to notice the world around them and everything is new.

Reactions: 10
Why is it that even if she's trying to look happy, she still looks like someone's pissed on her chips😂😂

• Haha
Gosh I haven’t watched Lilly Pebbles in ages.
Used to wach her before when she was a bit relatable.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.