Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

allaboutthegossip

Please make sure you don’t take financial advice from Lara Joanna Jarvis as she has no qualifications to be giving anyone financial advice. She also is always on the beg in the disguise of “looking for recommendations”

Reactions: 21
She sublet her mothers council house …..which I believe is illegal!
Firstly I DID NOT REALISE SHE WAS AN INFLUENCER NOW. So I grew up in a street close to hers. Both streets were built around the same time as one another so all the children in the streets moved in at the same time and got to know each other. All houses in both streets were housing association. I remember from over hearing the neighbourhood gossip her mum got a bit of side eye for taking this brand new housing association house but being able to afford to send her child to boarding school (I can’t judge that tbh as I was really young so don’t know the full story). My mum still lives there so when her mum moved, I’m not sure why, a few years ago and Lara sublet it I heard all the street gossips again. (The street has 10 houses so not a lot goes on there 😂) apparently someone double checked and her mums name was 100% still on the tenancy. (I think they didn’t push the point because of the kids and they didn’t want to put someone’s children what they went through with theirs.) Seems a bit extreme but round here people live for years in unsuitable housing waiting for a house and because housing here is quite expensive a lot are priced out the private rent/buying marker and I think it was a bit of a sore point. I am shocked she kind of created this public persona when doing something like that.
Anyway that’s about as interesting a contribution to a tattle thread I will ever have.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

allaboutthegossip

I think her downfall is that she is trying to be a money saving expert (as if), a mummy blogger, house improvements and a travel instahun account when you can’t really do it all with credibility. I was really drawn to her account when she was talking about the no spend year and minimalism but what a fraud she has turned out to be.

Reactions: 16

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
Welcome to Lara Joanna Jarvis #2, a social media hun so boring it's taken 61 pages to get to a new thread.

Recently Lara has bought her first home, possibly from an inheritance.

She's still 'asking for recommendations' on insta (begging for freebies)

She's not showing her house because it's a complete state :sick: and she's jetting off on holiday while being a budgeting influencer. Lovely.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

VirtualSignal

VIP Member
So whilst money saving expert Lara is advising people to do star jumps to stay warm she is treating her husband to a belated 40th birthday trip away, which is fine but she took him to Finland for his 40th birthday treat. She goes away so much she can't keep up with what special occasion she is meant to be doing it for.
Her whole money saving persona is disingenuous.
Vlogs mentioning not putting their heating on due to cost etc, meanwhile on yet another holiday and buying from stitch fix (expensive).
It seems as if she started her ‘career’ as yet another insta hun then settled upon being a financial ‘guru’ as her ‘thing’.
Latest vlog…thinly veiled beg for new bedroom furniture??🤷‍♀️

Dont swipe up!

VIP Member
😂 the comments. The article is a joke. She didn’t save £30k by doing any of that, she did it by selling her family life shill brands, and taking every freebie she could get so she didn’t have to put her hand in her pocket.
Gutted she didn’t include the vending machine tip from one of her videos, that has to be my favourite side hustle suggestion of hers!
And let’s not forget
The massive inheritance
---
Did they not also get an inheritance? Was that mentioned in the article?
Of course not!
Kept all hush hush but we know!!!
And how patronising saying oh become a nurse etc things they take years to train and become
How awfull for people who actually are nurses etc who trained and studied for years for some tart to come along and say do it as ‘a side hustle’!
Would rather there profession anyday love over being an insta hun that has to beg and become a scrounger for stuff instead of working hard
How lazy and entitled
Ugly dog jaw cunt

• Haha
I've had to unfollow her as she talks nonsense. I've never known anyone pretend to be frugel and money saving and then spend the day driving around in her car shopping. She's such an odd bod. I can't stand the way she touched everything in the shops and remarks on the cost even if she's no intention of buying it. You're right it's easy to be money saving if you never put your hand in your pocket, I'd much rather have my life then have to perform on insta and YouTube buying shit you didn't really need and faffing with my hair all the time. Get a proper job Lara, when your the wrong side of 40 there will be another young thing spouting shit about money saving.

• Heart

LaughingCow

Chatty Member
I hope all these companies (looking at you Emma mattresses, Hello Fresh & Cheeryz) tighten their marketing budgets & stop sending these leeches free stuff.

Reactions: 14
I watched her latest video (why do I do it?!) she said she’s not showing all the house because the boys don’t chose to be online so she respects their boundaries and won’t show certain rooms. Great in theory. But a month ago she blagged her freebie mattress and did a whole video in one of the kids rooms. So what is it Lara?! Boundaries unless there’s freebies involved?

Her sofa begging is so so transparent. ‘Oh I’d love to try a snug sofa’ 🙄 And now she’s on about wanting velux blinds. Honestly, she’s a grafter, I’ll give her that.

• Haha

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
I said it before about her, she has absolutely no more financial knowledge than (less) than an average person. She knows only very basics and I think it’s scary how she pretends otherwise. If she has no pension this about sums her up! She probably says (like many seem to spout who know little) that she has equity in her house. Well, so do a lot of people but that is far from the same thing as a pension for so many reasons and she is naive to think so and worst to pretend she knows about money!

VirtualSignal

VIP Member
‘How to keep warm’ video.
Absolutely groundbreaking…’wear a jumper’ ‘wear socks’ ‘wear thermals…the ones I wore in the Himalayas’. 🤢
Watch out Martin Lewis…LJJ is a real contender for your money saving advice slot on breakfast TV…ye gods! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Haha

Emmum

Chatty Member
I've finally unfollowed I cant handle the financial advice from someone with no financial training who only managed to buy a house because of an inheritance, not actual savings. Then the whole smugness about it "you can so it, look we have done it!" - well you really didn't.

• Heart

viewtube

VIP Member
That article. What a joke! Just become a nurse/ graphic designer/ dog groomer etc and do it as a side hustle. How patronising.
She should’ve mentioned her ‘tips’ for grifting for free holidays, water pistols and Emma mattresses, although she doesn’t seem to have been successful in the sofa department as of yet despite her best efforts! 🤣
I couldnt stop laughing at it,Ive wasted over 30 years of training and professional development and thousands of pounds on registration , on my nursing career,I should have just followed this morons advice and just call myself a nurse. What an absolute insult to all the professionals who train for their careers,just to have some lazy grifter completely devalue their professions and hard work

• Heart
  • Angry

Catwoman

VIP Member
I used to quite like her and enjoyed following the save for house buying videos. Around the time of the swollen tummy times (having had similar problems for years) I started to see a very self indulgent side of her, drama filled teary videos from the car outside appointments. The videos which were completely unnecessary given she'd had anything 'of concern' eliminated. I started feeling, 'suck it up buttercup' with every video either a drama around a house buying phone call or a swollen tummy. For reasons I can't remember I drifted away. Next time I watched her, months later she's moved and has a beautiful house (great). I'd missed months but now picked up from here how that was possible. She's not been transparent so to me, it undermines any credibility she once had. The insincerity behind her business and online content is screamibly loudly. Her begging is repulsive given they are obviously in a good financial position so quite frankly she should drop the disgusting facade.

Fanny-Dango

For months she banged on about how hard they'd saved (saved enough to go from a modest rented house to buy a half million pound house in expensive Hampshire, really?) and found her affected and insufferable, so unsubscribed on YT and unfollowed her on Insta.
Then, I found Tattle and realised I wasn't alone! Thank you all, I thought it was just me!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Her son has a black eye from an accident at school and her biggest concern is how she can cover it for the photos on the latest freebie holiday. Actually stressing herself out about it.

Honestly, if kids of these vloggers/influencers don't grow up with a list of mental disorders because of this fake image their parents try to sell I will be shocked. Poor Henry who'll be made to conceal it just for his frigging mothers photos and filming. No free holiday is worth that.

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
I completely agree, how has she become some sort of finance ‘guru’ I think the world has gone mad! She knows sod all about finance and certainly no more than the average half intelligent person! It concerns me that people are ‘looking up’ to her for financial advice when she offers nothing other than the absolute and obvious basics.

Swipeuptobuy

VIP Member
I wish these bloody influencers would fuck off …They would literally sell their granny for a payout. LJJ gives out shit advice, links things she’s never going to buy, constantly on the beg, got her house through an inheritance windfall and lived for over ten years in a sublet council house. Interest rates are going to bite, heating bills on the up, house prices slumping ….don’t worry Lara stay cosy by your fake fire in your electric blanket ….I’ll shove another log on my real fire and admire my house that we paid off by hard work.

• Heart