Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VirtualSignal

VIP Member
Its very odd. She said she used to be a trained chef,but gave that up for a career in social media. She has a group on Facebook, and to be honest it's the mrmbers who post advice and tips,next to nothing from her. Sldo I fknt sgree with her recommending balance transfers to credit cards or banks from relative unknown banks/companies,its so risky. I get the impression,that she will advertise or recommend anything for the right price. Before they moved to this new house,I noticed that quite often her hubby would do the food shop, theyd buy wine and beer,nothing wrong with that, but not financially sound if you claim to be saving to buy a house. I struggle to see the logic in so much of what she advises. She buys so much unnecessary stuff and prioritised buying a patio set and and tables and going on holiday over buying furniture for inside the house. In her F B group someone asked if they should psy off their £1800 crefit card bill or transfer it onto a new card,before it began adding interest. I was gob smacked that people were saying transfer the balance rather than pay off the debt
Why anyone would follow the advice of an influencer with zero qualifications in finance or proven track record in advising clients with their finances/ investments etc is beyond me…

Reactions: 13

Madetomeasure

I had to unfollow this one. The endless house buying vlogs, milking it for videos to make money and then she wouldn’t even show the house they bought! The moaning in the latest video about the underfloor heating in the kitchen costing a fortune in the winter 🙄 Did I hear her right when she said the kids would have to sit at the table wrapped up in electric blankets to eat their breakfast? Just turn your bloody heating on for a bit and stop the constant trips to B and M and home bargains for shit you don’t need.

• Heart

Fanny-Dango

It's a little disingenuous for her not to share the real reason behind the house purchase. Pretending they bought it through hard grit and willpower gives others false hope.

VirtualSignal

VIP Member
Oh dear…so the penny’s finally dropped that people aren’t impressed and will turn off an effluencer who spouts recycled money saving tips, whilst wafting off on holiday after holiday.
Its crass and insincere.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
So whilst money saving expert Lara is advising people to do star jumps to stay warm she is treating her husband to a belated 40th birthday trip away, which is fine but she took him to Finland for his 40th birthday treat. She goes away so much she can't keep up with what special occasion she is meant to be doing it for.

Attachments

viewtube

VIP Member
Social media allows people like this charlatan to pretend they are experts in areas they have no formal qualifications or training. There are three areas I like my advisors to be trained ,qualified and governed ,health,legal and financial. This woman pushes the money saver image,all whilst inheriting a large sum of money,to buy her home,previously subletting her mums house,she is gifted multiple holidays,transparency in someone giving financial advice is important,this woman is as transparent as mud

• Heart

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Go Fund Yourself won the award. A serious financial account which gives decent advise rather than 'turn your oven off early and let the heat cook your dinner'.

• Heart

Leilei103

She is begging for new sofa on new video again , pathetic , just buy yourself, you stupid moron

• Angry

Silentreader1479

Lara the queen of saving money would rather put the heating on than buy some slippers, because the heating is so much cheaper than going to primark. If you aren’t struggling financially and can afford to go on multiple luxurious holidays a year and have 50 bottles of wine and put the heating on all day that’s fine, not everyone is struggling, but don’t base your whole channel and whole persona around being this frugal poor person

Reactions: 12

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
"helping thousands of you every month". How? Who? She re-shares other peoples hacks and googles other people's saving hints.
Can't tell if she is taking the piss or if she believes what she does is important or noble.

LaughingCow

Chatty Member
She has no intention of buying a sofa. Let’s just get that straight. I wish brands would stop gifting these influencers free stuff. It has the opposite effect on me. Puts me off the brand.

claraD

She needs to realise that decluttering is the first step to organising. Otherwise you lose hours of your life organising 'stuff' from one place to another. Stop buying storage and stop buying stuff you don't need. I felt sick at the amount of cereal boxes in that cupboard. The excess.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Off to Vegas for Stu's 2nd belated birthday trip. Oh so relatable and in keeping with our frugal expert.

hellohello2018

That article is so insulting to so many professions.

If your good at creating logos or leaflets you could become a freelance graphic designer? No Lara. Anyone can create a logo or leaflet, but not everyone can create ones that follow design rules, four theory, communicate the brands etjos etc. That's why professionals have years of training.

She thinks people can just pick up any old job without experience because that's what's she done with youtube. Faked her way into it.

VirtualSignal

VIP Member
So last video touting Octopus energy, then this video saying how wonderful Octopus are as they’re absorbing the price hikes for their customers. What utter nonsense she spouts 🤯🤯.
If that’s the case why isn’t Martin Lewis (who actually has financial knowledge) advising us all to jump ship and move to Octopus?
Someone’s left a comment on her latest video to that effect saying their DD with Octopus has virtually trebled.
LJJ has no place giving financial advice.
My toddler could do a better job 🤦‍♀️

• Angry

VirtualSignal

VIP Member
Latest video:

1. Borrow box - app from the library
  2. Reuse delivery/package items inc takeaway boxes
  3. Second hand September - carry it on
  4. Wanks on about her sponsor Smarty!
  5. Use loyalty reward points
  6. Hire tools eg ladders
  7. Putting things in her basket ready for sales
  8. Switch banks
  9. Google shopping to get the best price
  10. Quit the coffees and takeaways 🤦🏻‍♀️
Share tips in the comments (so she can steal your ideas!)

Nothing ground breaking or original- yet again!

Lara you are fooling no one with your 11:11 ✨ manifestation video lengths!

I shared this in another thread Lara this is a what a hardcore frugal person lives like:

Suggests using old boxes from deliveries for drawer dividers/ organisers…fast forward to latest bathroom vlog (“being the frugal queen that I am, I have to have 57 shades of foundation because all the free holidays I get given”), then proceeds to not follow her own advice and uses plastic storage boxes in her drawers instead.
The bathroom looked no different after the de-clutter, with toot still all over the place.
As another tattler noted, she just seems to repeat the tips others have shared in the comments section or on her socials. Nowt new or original.
Lastly, a moan about the stain in the sink…I wonder if that’s the next beg for a freebie 😉😉

LaughingCow

Chatty Member
That was the most cringe thing ever to be seen on YouTube. Would have loved to been on her friends’ group chat after that.

Her morning routine…tell me you don’t have a job without telling you don’t have a job. Never in my adult life have I had time to journal in the morning. Not even on holiday but then again I interact with my kids in the mornings.

• Haha

VirtualSignal

VIP Member
Christ on a bike!! Yet ANOTHER veiled sofa beg in the latest vlog. Clearly LJJ hasn’t convinced anyone to ‘gift’ her one despite valiant efforts. Face it Lara, for once you might actually have to spend your own money…like the rest of us!

Swipeuptobuy

VIP Member
So Miss Money Savvy’s advice is buy an over inflated priced house in a shit area that has more flaws than a member of the Kardashians, go on a weeks all inclusive holiday that was 5k, go to B&M, Home Sense and Home Bargains and buy shit, beg for freebies, flog a shit energy supplier and swing into Starbucks because I need coffee…….please don’t vote for this charlatan to get another award to prop open her dodgy shower room ….it’s a bit like taking mothering tips from Rose West …..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11