Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Crowbag

VIP Member
Oh gosh, that is awful, has one of the vertebrae collapsed?.
I used to be the head radiographer of a bone density scanner in London , it was mainly for research then, and went to many osteoporosis conferences. I hope you get x-rayed soon and get on the right meds, its a terrible disease and sometimes difficult to prevent if you have been on long term tx for other things.
Take care of yourself.❤
Thank you, and thank you all for the kind words.
I had dexa scans, xrays and bloods after the first fracture, which was caused by reaching down. I'm now taking alendronic acid tablets, and calcium.
My gp wasn't overly concerned, but rheumatology were straight in! I've seen the xrays and scans, it's lower spine, a wedge fracture.

I'm only 4ft 11, if i break any more vertebrae I'm going to be 2ft by Christmas!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

Blessmyheart

VIP Member
Thank you, and thank you all for the kind words.
I had dexa scans, xrays and bloods after the first fracture, which was caused by reaching down. I'm now taking alendronic acid tablets, and calcium.
My gp wasn't overly concerned, but rheumatology were straight in! I've seen the xrays and scans, it's lower spine, a wedge fracture.

I'm only 4ft 11, if i break any more vertebrae I'm going to be 2ft by Christmas!
Sending hugs( gentle ones), sometimes I forget how brave people can be.X

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Pink Squirrel

VIP Member
Friday, it's wet and horrible outside and I'm waiting for the phone to ring still,
I did hope the biopsy results would come in which is why I've been home all
week. Today I'm feeling quite anxious and I'm worried that I might have to
take more time off work. The thing is if the hospital calls me they might want
to see me the same day which happened last week. So I think because of the
job I do it's best to stay home and wait.
It's completely understandable that you're feeling anxious. The waiting for anything like this is truly awful. If only there was a fast forward button for these situations. Staying at home is the best decision. Just try & keep yourself occupied. Your mind works overtime with 'what if' scenarios.

I was terrified waiting for the results of my throat FNA. I struggled to carry on as normal because I hadn't told my family as I didn't want to unnecessarily worry them. It was made worse by the fact that my dad had passed a month previously with throat cancer. And 9 months previous to that mum had passed.

Carry on waffling on here to pass the time Captain 🙂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

JakeM

VIP Member
Congratulations @Facehugger your thread title had the most votes!

Previous thread:

Carry on Krusties!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Harrigan

VIP Member
A Ballad for MrsEms

Her name was Emma
She was a showgirl
She wore canastas in her hair
And when they clacked then she would swear

Her fave was baking
Egg whites and sugar
Which she would whisk into a snow
And watch her mountain peaks a grow

She was a sweetie pie
Who wore heels inches high
Never a wobble she would portray
Always so steady on marketing day

That was Emma
Our latest showgirl
Baking and fashion
Was hers at the Mansion
Of our Showgirl

Emma forever
Emma forever

fadeout and request medication ……..

• Heart
  • Wow

VIP Member
The Christmas film channel hasn't started yet then?🤭
Yes, been running for ducking ages!! My Mother watches it.

Anyway, I'm back home from my trip to East Surrey Hospital, oh that was fun, it was suppose to
be for an ultrasound and a drop of blood. Instead I had an ultrasound and a biopsy so I was in the
hospital for 2 hours including recovery time. All went okay, the biopsy wasn't too bad because I
had this rather nice lady perform it. I was assigned a nurse who monitored me in recovery which
is a small ward which can only be accessed with a key card.

Home now and my neck is sore, I have information to guide me through the next 24 hours.

Now I wait for the results which could be about a week or less, with luck I should know where
I stand very soon.

• Heart

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Awwwwwww hello krustiewusties.

my lovely Dave is ok,vet see him (you aren’t allowed in) but he knows my boy,I told him about my worries etc,I mentioned that if he needed to do blood test etc best he stay in overnight as it’s too stressful for him and me to get him carrier next day,me walking to vet as well if I can’t get cab cos he is abit heavy,Padrwraig my lovely vet said fine,so that was being arranged..anyway vet came out and said Dave has peed in the consulting room😳🤣so cut story,his urine sample tested was fine no problems,hence he said didn’t need a blood test as urine test showed no kidney,Diabetis,liver problems..😊So relief all round..

Thanks to my lovely Krusties for asking about him,I have been in a bit of a state worrying and feeling sick with it..❤❤❤❤

• Heart

VIP Member
Friday, it's wet and horrible outside and I'm waiting for the phone to ring still,

• Heart

VIP Member
Just got off the phone, it's a tumour.

Warthin tumor is a benign tumor of the salivary gland. The first symptom is usually a painless, slow-growing bump in front of the ear, on the bottom of the mouth, or under the chin. Warthin tumors may increase in size over time, but few become cancerous. Though the cause is currently unknown, smoking is believed to increase the chance of developing Warthin tumor. Treatment may consist of surgery to remove the tumor or careful observation to watch for changes in the tumor over time.

I am on the waiting list for an operation, I was advised due to it's size of 3CM that it should be removed, this might happen next month and I will require at least 2 weeks off to recover.

• Heart

MrsEms

VIP Member
I'm so glad you are okay. I have a lump under my armpit which has been there for years. It turns out that I have extra breast tissue there so I have 3 tits instead of 2. It worried me and they said they won't cut it out unless it interferes with my nerves and lymph glands. I may have to look for a bra with 3 cups!
It's ok. I have 3 tits too, my left, my right and then I married one😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Dawn Dayn

VIP Member
I cleaned my house, outside, started on the street waiting in calls. And that was before the surgery. 😬😂 I'd recommend phoning the consultants secretary, they'll give you an idea of how long the wait for results is, so you can plan ahead a bit.

• Heart

VIP Member
Morning all, feeling rather good today, mainly relieved I've had my results and every
thing is just hunky dory. Had Fish and Chips from the local chippy which in the past
I've whinged about but last nights meal was very good.

More decluttering and dusting to do over the weekend, I just do a bit at a time, not
really been in the mood for doing it all in one go. Some stuff that needs to be binned
has been stored in my shed so we can bin it over time. Still got VHS tapes which really
are useless which are just one of the items in my shed.

Had a little drama last night, I couldn't turn on the Sky box, bastard wouldn't via the
remote or the button on the box. Turned off the box at the mains and waited 5 mins
then tried again and thankfully it worked.

Thanks to all you people for the support, opening up to you has helped me from going
out of my mind. I'm just happy I know where I am with this issue and you people know
about it and could pass this experience to others.

Have a good weekend. ♥

• Heart

Facehugger

VIP Member
Wish Liar was still here, miss her comments and reading them in a Patsy Stone voice 😧
I know ❤ often think of her, I did today when people mentioned lung disease on Skankys thread. She always kept her spirits up that lady, and ours. Hope wherever she is, she's having a good old chortle at the latest shit show.

• Heart

VIP Member
Morning all. I'm awake, dressed, bloody cold outside but I sit here with a cup of coffee I just
made for myself.

VIP Member
Whenever I watch old TV you can guess the age of the programme from the mobile phones. They did an exhibition of mobile phones and the first purported model was like an army field telephone, it was huge!
I know that all too well, back in the early days of the mobile phone, one phone was like an army field phone, just a car phone hooked up to a huge battery. I use to transport them, really heavy unit's. Also back then, the batteries in the phones were Nicad batteries which didn't last long mainly due to people not charging them properly for the first time. I spent a lot of time delivering batteries to morons!

Worse memory was delivering a mobile phone and I was given £1000 CASH to take back to "London Car Telephones" I was shitting myself because I had never carried so much cash in my life.

BREAKING NEWS!!

I have had a letter informing me that I will have a phone consultation THIS FRIDAY.

What does this suggest? possibly NOT cancer?

Last edited:
  • Heart

Pom Bear

VIP Member
Good morning ☀.

Ooohh snow here too 😀 it's one degree and feels like minus 5 according to the BBC weather.
Back later 🥰 x

FB_IMG_1600563921915.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha

MrsEms

VIP Member
Evening all. I've been busy today but I can sit back and chill now with a glass of wine in hand to relax😊
I just have to say thank you so much to all of you for your kind words and support...honestly it was so lovely to read and made me feel so much better🤗
So big hugs to you all, you're all fabulous🥰❤ xxx

• Heart