Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Thank you, and thank you all for the kind words.
I had dexa scans, xrays and bloods after the first fracture, which was caused by reaching down. I'm now taking alendronic acid tablets, and calcium.
My gp wasn't overly concerned, but rheumatology were straight in! I've seen the xrays and scans, it's lower spine, a wedge fracture.

I'm only 4ft 11, if i break any more vertebrae I'm going to be 2ft by Christmas!
Poor you, sounds very painful! Maybe ask them about the surgery they can do these days to repair the bone.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Katie8ee

VIP Member
@JakeM I moved here to tell you thank you, when I was having super anxiety this year when I didn't have the time to speak to people you were there through the night. Same with in lockdown if it hadnt been for @Facehugger and @265 there were little moments I would have been so lost.

I live a very lovely life but as we all do sometimes it gets too loud and too much but coming back to you all these past few weeks has been a bliss. You guys are like savlon on my soul ❤

My birthday was wonderful but with my anxiety and my medicine it was a LOT of people for a simple girl who lives in a forest.

Thank you other "Krustys" for being so same and accepting. Don't know where I would be without this lot x

• Heart

VIP Member
I know ❤ often think of her, I did today when people mentioned lung disease on Skankys thread. She always kept her spirits up that lady, and ours. Hope wherever she is, she's having a good old chortle at the latest shit show.
I'm missing her insults about my dinner plates.

• Haha
  • Heart

MrsCranky

VIP Member
Glad you've got some news finally Captain ❤🤗 I wouldn't sit trying to guess anything from the fact it's a phone consultation. You will drive yourself mad wondering. Because of Covid, a lot of hospital appointments are done on the phone if you don't need examinations and it's just an appointment for a discussion. X

@MrsCranky hope you get something sorted, Dolly's right, check out guest houses too. I always go self catering so don't know if any are any good but I've seen one or two on 4 in a bed to avoid hahaha! 🤣😘
@Facehugger. I've just booked to go to Newquay for a few days. Thank you guys for all your suggestions xxxx

I'm watching Jordan Peterson... You are strong! An incredible speech on YouTube

Last edited:
  • Heart

MrsEms

VIP Member
too late now.
Oh I'm sorry you've been left waiting again. No wonder you're anxious but chin up my lovely...I'm sure you'll hear in the next few days. We're all here for you and I have my leather skirt on today😘
Let's say my neurologist was impressed🤣
I've been offered new scans this afternoon, I'm happy about new scans because its been so long since the last ones. I'll be back shortly!X

• Heart

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Awww, Dolly. I'm so pleased he's ok. Hopefully that's your mind at rest now and no more fretting for you lovely ❤ he's just getting a bit older and liking his warm comfy bed more now it's cold, and not so much food if he's chilling asleep I bet. Give him a Facehug from me 👽🤗❤😘
Thankyou so much Facey…he is Kipping now obviously don’t want put as he peed in the consulting room.👀🤣hevwas so good though but hates the carrier.He knows what it means bless him.

View attachment 885934
Pixie sends love to Dave and all the other pets
Awwwwwww beautiful Pixie Thankyou.❤❤

So happy dave is OK dolly xx

Beautiful
Thsnkyou watchy.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11

VIP Member
Glad you've got some news finally Captain ❤🤗 I wouldn't sit trying to guess anything from the fact it's a phone consultation. You will drive yourself mad wondering. Because of Covid, a lot of hospital appointments are done on the phone if you don't need examinations and it's just an appointment for a discussion. X
Thanks babe, you are quite right about phone consultations and I do understand Hospitals are trying to do phone consultations where ever possible, the letter was dated yesterday BTW. I was quite lucky to get the letter today, at least I know I'm going to find out soon. One thing my Mother's friend told me was that if it was really serious they would be on the phone to me PDQ!!

• Heart

Facehugger

VIP Member
Just got off the phone, it's a tumour.

Warthin tumor is a benign tumor of the salivary gland. The first symptom is usually a painless, slow-growing bump in front of the ear, on the bottom of the mouth, or under the chin. Warthin tumors may increase in size over time, but few become cancerous. Though the cause is currently unknown, smoking is believed to increase the chance of developing Warthin tumor. Treatment may consist of surgery to remove the tumor or careful observation to watch for changes in the tumor over time.

I am on the waiting list for an operation, I was advised due to it's size of 3CM that it should be removed, this might happen next month and I will require at least 2 weeks off to recover.
See, I bloody told you that you were going to be allright didn't I 🤭👽🤗❤😘 I had a feeling in my brandy (I would say water but I'd be lying). You can stop fretting now and look forward to some TLC from some nice nurses when you go in, DO NOT take mothers slippers for God's sake 🤣🤣 x

• Heart
  • Haha

Pom Bear

VIP Member
Ah thank you Pom. Was thinking of doing a Lozza or Skanky and filtering myself into oblivion!! But no - all my own face, Teeeeefff and hair!! 🥰 🥰 🐾 :ROFLMAO:
You're welcome 🥰😃😘 xx
Loooool no need to do that you look perfect 💖🤗🥰😃😘 xx

Here I go this is me in Vienna a couple of years back in 2018..
I do like my fluffy pom poms hence one of the reasons I chose my name 🥰 xx
I'm not the the most confident on my looks and been on the bigger side but here you are 🥰 xx

Resizer_16375215866000.jpg

• Heart

VIP Member
Thanks you lot, I would even place bets @Jersey Girl had her lucky knickers on today.

I am relieved, I could leave the lump alone for a long time if I wanted to but because of my
job I thought the sooner it gets removed the better. There might be complications from the
surgery because it involves glands and nerves but not worried about that. Everything has been
made clear and information I found on the net are more or less what I've just been told.

I'm checking out that FB page mentioned, useful, thanks.

• Heart

Pink Squirrel

VIP Member
@Dollylovesshoes how's the lovely Dave this morning? @BigBlue2018 was asking after him too on the other thread. He's a clever boy peeing in the consultation room & avoiding a blood test 🤭. Trying to get a urine sample from a cat is impossible which is why it's mostly a blood test. As a cat fosterer I've had many, many failed attempts trying to get urine from a poorly cat 🙈.

I've just realised that I'm probably the first person whose hair colour has matched their tap colour 😂😂. (Tap pic taken before tiling done)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Katie8ee

VIP Member
I am here! Off to find these slippers! Currently just lazing on my bed watching Schitts Creek and talking to my best friend. He's in Finland working for the Winter Season and the place is beautiful though it's almost permanent night time. I am about to eat a vimto ice lolly as stupidly didn't get anything for pudding tonight and I'm craving sugar 😂

Hope everyone has had a lovely Monday?

• Heart

MrsEms

VIP Member
MrsCranky you’re a great addition to this thread but please, I will not be part of a new loose women! That programme is awful and unwatchable if you have half a brain, so I’m out!

I’ve had a couple of slices of panettone tonight with a cuppa, it was lovely, fruit version but I adore the ones filled with chocolate, yummy!

MrsCranky, when I hear Land of my Fathers it gets me every time especially seeing those strapping rugby lads singing their hearts out, tears coming their faces. Wonderful!

“you’ll meet a welcome in the hillside”…..
Oh harri, today in my local m&s was a real welsh rugby player. Oh he was a big lad...his thighs😜

Ok I'm back in the room.

What are we talking about?🤣

Thanks babe, you are quite right about phone consultations and I do understand Hospitals are trying to do phone consultations where ever possible, the letter was dated yesterday BTW. I was quite lucky to get the letter today, at least I know I'm going to find out soon. One thing my Mother's friend told me was that if it was really serious they would be on the phone to me PDQ!!
They would want to see you in person I believe if it was serious. No doctor or consultant would give any bad news over the phone. I'm sure of that! X

Last edited:
  • Heart