Krusties #3 The Star Paws trilogy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh gosh, that is awful, has one of the vertebrae collapsed?.
I used to be the head radiographer of a bone density scanner in London , it was mainly for research then, and went to many osteoporosis conferences. I hope you get x-rayed soon and get on the right meds, its a terrible disease and sometimes difficult to prevent if you have been on long term tx for other things.
Take care of yourself.❤
Thank you, and thank you all for the kind words.
I had dexa scans, xrays and bloods after the first fracture, which was caused by reaching down. I'm now taking alendronic acid tablets, and calcium.
My gp wasn't overly concerned, but rheumatology were straight in! I've seen the xrays and scans, it's lower spine, a wedge fracture.

I'm only 4ft 11, if i break any more vertebrae I'm going to be 2ft by Christmas!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I had dexa scans, xrays and bloods after the first fracture, which was caused by reaching down. I'm now taking alendronic acid tablets, and calcium.
My gp wasn't overly concerned, but rheumatology were straight in! I've seen the xrays and scans, it's lower spine, a wedge fracture.

I'm only 4ft 11, if i break any more vertebrae I'm going to be 2ft by Christmas!
Poor you, sounds very painful! Maybe ask them about the surgery they can do these days to repair the bone.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Sending hugs( gentle ones), sometimes I forget how brave people can be.X

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hi there
How old is your youngest? There are different machines for different age groups. Some of the ones for smaller children have safety features on. If you tell me their age I will have a look for you.
Also few other things
Is it just a new hobby or something they would like to do for a while? (Some kids get bored and move on)
How much do you want to spend
Is it important how the machine looks (some come in pretty colours obviously attractive to youngsters)
Is that ok?
Thanks for your help @Harrigan 😘....soon be 10 years old, definitely something to do for a long while, £100ish spend 🤷. Not overly bothered about the colours. I just haven't a clue. And when I started looking it scared me 🥴😳😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks for your help @Harrigan 😘....soon be 10 years old, definitely something to do for a long while, £100ish spend 🤷. Not overly bothered about the colours. I just haven't a clue. And when I started looking it scared me 🥴😳😂
No worries. I’ll have a look today and get back to you later. Is that ok?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Morning all

Hope U R ok

Looking at fabric sales today

Cold, damp, miserable, stay in the warm if you can

Have found couple suitable machines. Will I get into trouble if I mention where to buy from and what they are?

Did you see the other day the story about Kevin the carrot? He’s incredibly popular bless him. They were saying some people were queueing from 4 in the morning to get their hands on one!

I’ve checked my local store selling it and it’s sold out. He does look lovely though. Strange juxtaposition of a carrot wearing a kilt. I wonder if he’s got underwear on?

Take care

Dolly, hope Dave is ok.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Morning all

Hope U R ok

Have found couple suitable machines. Will I get into trouble if I mention where to buy from and what they are?

Did you see the other day the story about Kevin the carrot? He’s incredibly popular bless him. They were saying some people were queueing from 4 in the morning to get their hands on one!

I’ve checked my local store selling it and it’s sold out. He does look lovely though. Strange juxtaposition of a carrot wearing a kilt. I wonder if he’s got underwear on?

Take care

Dolly, hope Dave is ok.
I'll have a read through the rules. I think it's okay. I've asked for your help & advice. You're not posting random bobbins Skanky style 😂

Morning all

Hope U R ok

Take care

Dolly, hope Dave is ok.
Plus I'm extra stressed today. So your sewing machine advice would definitely calm me down. Child number 3 & I were going Xmas shopping today as I've done none yet 🙈 Unfortunately child number 5 is off school today & scuppered the shopping trip 😔 Now trying to discretely internet shop 🥴

Morning all

Hope U R ok

Take care

Dolly, hope Dave is ok.
I've read the rules. It's fine for you to share your finds with me 🙂

There is madness every year when Kevin goes on sale 🤷 I think he's lovely but I wouldn't queue from silly o'clock to get 1 🥴

Last edited:
  • Heart
I'll have a read through the rules. I think it's okay. I've asked for your help & advice. You're not posting random bobbins Skanky style 😂

Plus I'm extra stressed today. So your sewing machine advice would definitely calm me down. Child number 3 & I were going Xmas shopping today as I've done none yet 🙈 Unfortunately child number 5 is off school today & scuppered the shopping trip 😔 Now trying to discretely internet shop 🥴

I've read the rules. It's fine for you to share your finds with me 🙂

There is madness every year when Kevin goes on sale 🤷 I think he's lovely but I wouldn't queue from silly o'clock to get 1 🥴
Great will let you know later today currently ironing and shopping and feeding cat!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Great will let you know later today currently ironing and shopping and feeding cat!
I'm also about to feed all the animals. I am not impressed with my big cat. I let him in this morning. He was soaking wet & proceeded to rub himself all round my legs....the git 😂 it was really horrible & sooooo cold. He then went & sat in front of the magic cupboard (fridge) awaiting a snack 🤣
Last night I told him off several times. I had late dinner at 8pm after my guiding meetings. Well he wasn't happy about that. He jumped on the chair next to me & began furiously patting me because he wanted some of my dinner & I was late. We shared chicken cacciatore. I clearly wasn't getting him his share quick enough because he then very cheekily began patting my plate 😳🤣 I told him off TWICE. I then popped quite a large portion of chicken, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes & the sauce onto the place mat in front of him. And he had the lot 😳. The noises he was making licking & slurping it all up were hilarious 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Friday, it's wet and horrible outside and I'm waiting for the phone to ring still,
I did hope the biopsy results would come in which is why I've been home all
week. Today I'm feeling quite anxious and I'm worried that I might have to
take more time off work. The thing is if the hospital calls me they might want
to see me the same day which happened last week. So I think because of the
job I do it's best to stay home and wait.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Friday, it's wet and horrible outside and I'm waiting for the phone to ring still,
I cleaned my house, outside, started on the street waiting in calls. And that was before the surgery. 😬😂 I'd recommend phoning the consultants secretary, they'll give you an idea of how long the wait for results is, so you can plan ahead a bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's completely understandable that you're feeling anxious. The waiting for anything like this is truly awful. If only there was a fast forward button for these situations. Staying at home is the best decision. Just try & keep yourself occupied. Your mind works overtime with 'what if' scenarios.

I was terrified waiting for the results of my throat FNA. I struggled to carry on as normal because I hadn't told my family as I didn't want to unnecessarily worry them. It was made worse by the fact that my dad had passed a month previously with throat cancer. And 9 months previous to that mum had passed.

Carry on waffling on here to pass the time Captain 🙂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Right if you’re not into sewing shut your ears

Pink Squirrel this is a list of suitable sewing machines in your price range

JL110 and JL111 from John Lewis
The JL110 is £125, comes with 2 year guarantee in 7 different colours including white
Reviews for this and JL111 are very good. Solid machines, good range of stitches, easy to use, great instruction manual.

The JL111 comes in 3 different prints including dogs and ditsy flowers, on offer at the mo.

Brother XN1700 from John Lewis
3 year guarantee, £100.
Easy to use, few more stitches than the JL110 and 111. Has DVD instruction manual which is easy to understand.

From Argos
Brother LS14S, £80
3 year guarantee, 14 built in stitches, easy to use although a few people said difficult to thread needle

Singer Start 1306
2 year guarantee, £110
The start models as the name implies specifically for complete beginners, ideal for children. Very easy to use but only has 6 built in stitches.
Lots of reviews on this in the main good but because of number of stitches it has your child might grow out of it quickly.

if it was up to me I would love one of the John Lewis models as they look nice and are solidly built also always found their customer service to be very good but it’s up to you,

hope that’s ok
Cheers

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Right if you’re not into sewing shut your ears

Pink Squirrel this is a list of suitable sewing machines in your price range

JL110 and JL111 from John Lewis
The JL110 is £125, comes with 2 year guarantee in 7 different colours including white
Reviews for this and JL111 are very good. Solid machines, good range of stitches, easy to use, great instruction manual.

The JL111 comes in 3 different prints including dogs and ditsy flowers, on offer at the mo.

Brother XN1700 from John Lewis
3 year guarantee, £100.
Easy to use, few more stitches than the JL110 and 111. Has DVD instruction manual which is easy to understand.

From Argos
Brother LS14S, £80
3 year guarantee, 14 built in stitches, easy to use although a few people said difficult to thread needle

Singer Start 1306
2 year guarantee, £110
The start models as the name implies specifically for complete beginners, ideal for children. Very easy to use but only has 6 built in stitches.
Lots of reviews on this in the main good but because of number of stitches it has your child might grow out of it quickly.

if it was up to me I would love one of the John Lewis models as they look nice and are solidly built also always found their customer service to be very good but it’s up to you,

hope that’s ok
Cheers
J L is superberb

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.