Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lillyjo

Jesus will ye relax, im inpartial to her generally. They took bobby with them and god knows only for an hour. Before baby was born ye were saying she wouldnt have time to post and laughing at that and then when she does update ye ye are giving out about too much time on phone. Some people saying ye were surprised at the baby name, like i mean i dont think she really cares what random strangers think.
She was out and about on a walk yesterday, looked brilliant, happy , dressed down in baggy clothes. Passed by her. She is a breath of fresh air compared to some insta mums. Give her a chance, she is only 30 and doing her best.
i was on fence for a while about her but she is quite open and honest about her journey.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

emmysue

I am sick of people saying a stay at home mum is the hardest job in the world it’s such a ridiculous phrase - especially with 1 child - can it be tough? Yes. Absolutely. Not denying that . But there’s people who have stressful jobs with serious responsibility and you’re saying staying at home with your baby is harder? Come on!!! Balancing work and being a mother is hard. If you get to stay at home & not work you don’t have the hardest life out there. Sorry rant over I just hate that phrase !! (people who have disabled children / children with additional needs are obviously in one of the hardest situations )

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Louber

Chatty Member
He's like "well I've achieved so much more in my life, so the wedding day just didn't make the front page for me, but Jess has fuck all else to look forward to so it was the best day of her life!"

Probably kinda true but why fucking say it 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

starry2020

I'd say Rob is there primarily because Keith Earls is getting his 100th cap.
Your wife's 30th birthday when she is 40 weeks pregnant with your first child or sitting in the crowd for your ex teammates 100th game - strangest couple ever!

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Wow you are so uneducated 😂 “don’t get me wrong I might breastfeed myself but don’t dream of showing me that you do it”! Braindead!
How is that braindead or uneducated?

You know that before there was instagram, women the world over breastfed without ever displaying pics or videos online? The world never stopped and the human race disnt die out.

There is no value in posting pics or videos of breastfeeding. Its attention seeking pure and simple.

Jesus that's an absolutely prickish thing to say. Like it's not even funny?! What's he trying to achieve with that comment, people to think he's been sooooo successful at sport that committing his rest of his life to someone doesn't factor as important or special at all? What point does it make? His wife is a non-entity to him, but SHE thought it was special because she was so lucky to marry him? And what actually was special was not her, but the child she gave him?

F-ing dick. I'd be seriously evaluating my relationship if my husband said that.

Reactions: 24

louC21

C sections are hard. Vaginal deliveries are hard. Bottle feeding and breastfeeding are both hard no matter which you choose. It’s mothers judging other mothers is the issue. I hope all goes well for her, because any mother knows that having a baby is no joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

MissHavisham

Chatty Member
That's some weird negging behaviour.

'best day of her life, no doubt. me? can barely remember it, mate. nothing special'

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Rebel in the Kingdom

Look with being mums, your damned if you do and your damned if you don't.
Working mums are warriors as are mums who look after their kids full time.
However, I do not need princess Jess pontificating about Mum guilt about going back to work when she realistically doesn't have to (especially when she didn't work a whole pile in the first place), she can afford full time child care, prob has a housekeeper and still has time to go to the gym and her nonsense affirmations.
Shit like this is what causes arguments amongst mums about what to do and what not to do....

Reactions: 23

Em_gardener

VIP Member
I think lots of people wouldn't rate their wedding day as the best day of their lives but it's shitty of him to say it was the best day of her life but not even in his top ten. Why did he have to compare his feelings about it to hers?

Reactions: 22

MissHavisham

Chatty Member
I'm amazed anyone could have such strong feelings towards Jess to think she's a cunt. She's just a boring girl (the husband is pretty boring too) who waffles on with faaaar too many 'inspirational' quotes and and journaling shite, and her recipes look woeful, but she's far too vanilla to make to to my cunt list.

How can you get so heated over someone like that?

Reactions: 22

hdbe45

Kind of impartial to Jess, would take or leave her, but I honestly must say I’ve never seen her look happier nor more beautiful than she looks in those photos with her baba.

Reactions: 21

gooseylucy

I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I actually feel sorry for Jess after reading Rob’s comments in this article.
I know we all think her life is pretty shallow and empty but god he really lays it out for all the world to see

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Look at Jessica O’Mahonys Instagram sometime and you’ll see just how dismissive Pete is of her. Not to de-rail this thread. It’s discussed at length on her thread. But Pete is not exactly a doting husband either
He'd have the cop on not to say something like that publicly though. He posted loads about their wedding being a brilliant day and really special etc when they had it too. I can easily believe that plenty men (and women) don't rate their wedding day as a top ten day but not many would say that it was the best day of their partner's life but didn't register at all for them. That's cruel. You can make your point about it being just a day without being so dismissive of it and your partner.

Rosesarepink

Chatty Member
Interesting to hear hubby say on the laughs of your life podcast that his wife is not organised at all and they got a joint calendar to update now the baby is here. He also said she "lost her mind" doing the 20k run in the room in lockdown but managed to maintain positivity on social media. I don't think she'll like that 😆

• Haha
  • Wow

ny_style

VIP Member
She strikes me as someone who wishes she was a doctor, complete with stethoscope around her neck, but had to settle for pharmacy.

Nosycrow

Chatty Member
Yeah that’s fair enough to say and I agree with what you’re saying! I just think it was very stupid comment to make when you’re a public figure. He’s putting it out there into the world for everyone to hear and inviting judgement and comments unnecessarily.
And the fact he’s saying that Jess said it was the best day of her life and he wouldn’t even rate it top 10 just seems a bit disrespectful and thoughtless.
Yes, and worse he dismisses her joy and makes her sound like an idiot for feeling so happy about it. Dickhead.

msmith2006

VIP Member
Even if she has decided to go for a section - what's the issue? Lots of comments on here that read very much like someone looking down their nose at the idea a woman would choose to have an elective. I've personally had 2 vaginal deliveries but have friends who have had sections (both emergency and planned) and had really difficult recoveries and complications. A C-section isn't the "easy way out" , it's major abdominal surgery and not to be taken lightly.

• Heart
Reactions: 19